TM-2T freezing problem. Please help!

Read again sly mate, I said that looked fine and asked what his packet loss was like :)

As for a ping of 75,thats crap :D

Thanks SlyboxHD,

Don't misunderstand me, please. I appreciate the advice you have given very much.

I have now started testing my first 'forum based' server (trying to find a good one). Seems OK so far (i'm 99% sure nothing to do with my connection or equipment). I don't want to say anything yet as it's early. I'll update you guys ;-)

Meanwhile, I'm opening a new thread for a problem with green screen for PTS on 4d image. Please do contribute if you wish to do so :-D

Read again sly mate, I said that looked fine and asked what his packet loss was like :)

As for a ping of 75,thats crap :D
read again wizz i said that when testing your ping speed that you want it to be blow 70ms, and mine is 85ms and iv seen peps have no frezzing with 100/120ms, where did you get 75ms from???
explain this statement please " As for a ping of 75,thats crap " and show us your findings please.

read again wizz i said that when testing your ping speed that you want it to be blow 70ms, and mine is 85ms and iv seen peps have no frezzing with 100/120ms, where did you get 75ms from???
explain this statement please " As for a ping of 75,thats crap " and show us your findings please.

Feeling tetchy today sly :)

I was commenting on your comment which said "I don't know why wiz hasn't said your ping test was good"

But if you read my post you will infact see I said that was fine, as for explaining my statement, where do you think we are? A court of law

I guess you also missed my smiley after i said a ping of 75 is crap :D

Feeling tetchy today sly :)

I was commenting on your comment which said "I don't know why wiz hasn't said your ping test was good"

But if you read my post you will infact see I said that was fine, as for explaining my statement, where do you think we are? A court of law

I guess you also missed my smiley after i said a ping of 75 is crap :D

hello
wiz569

im only getting back to you now as not long after i sent that post i received a push-virus witch f**k'd my vaio laptop, i had to re-build it with new hard wear then recover my old settings :comp1: but shes now running again and is now faster with some upgreads in proses of fixing it, dont know why anyone would send a virus to some one, its sick that people out there have a hoddie of wrighting virus's to mess up pep's laptop/pc but rant over getting back to wot we where talking about, i wasnt being tetchy man you know me i just say it as i see it and i thought you where tilling the guy to look deeper into his internet when it was plane to see that it was ok and that he him self said that there was sat problems, i dont think im in a court of law but it could be said that i work like im in a court of law as i will only give the fact's that are true to each case/post, im not saying you dont i was just trying to get the guy's stb working as although its been a long time but i still can remember looking sites with no clue looking for help and since then have try'd to help all i can when i can.
PS @kanwar
did you get sort'd?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty much sorted now. I put as many things back to default/reset as I could on the box (including network settings etc). Pretty much freeze free now. I also replaced the noisy hard drive with a new one (not sure if I mentioned this before).

However, I do get the odd recording still failing (am using latest 4d image dated 07.06.2013) on my TM-2T. However, that is a different issue altogether isn't it?

P.S. When a recording fails, it stays on 0:00 in terms of length (while seemingly still recording) and causes channels you are watching to freeze until you delete it. This is very rare, though.

Hi Abu,

They don't seem to be on the downloads for better biz site. Can you link me? Thanks.

The drivers are called "bcmlinuxdvb.ko" and are located at
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Reboot will be required after transferring. This will not change the driver date shown in the about screen.

You will need to extract it before transferring. Use at your own risk. Advisable to keep your original one safe on your PC. Don't forget that it will cause the lights on your display to illuminate. The drivers apply to all 4 models, Twin, Single, 2T and Nano

Attachments

• TM 7335 drivers 20130614.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
The drivers are called "bcmlinuxdvb.ko" and are located at
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Reboot will be required after transferring. This will not change the driver date shown in the about screen.

You will need to extract it before transferring. Use at your own risk. Advisable to keep your original one safe on your PC. Don't forget that it will cause the lights on your display to illuminate. The drivers apply to all 4 models, Twin, Single, 2T and Nano

When were these released? Are these the ones released around the time VIX 668 was released or are these new? Thanks.

The Link got borked here is the ones from the DLC

Attachments

• List of recording and Driver.zip
    4 MB · Views: 3
You will have to look at the changelog properly. 658 used 30/04/2013, 676 used 03/06/2013. When the drivers are released and when they are incorporated into an image are two different things. The drivers from image 692 are 20130701, these are faulty. The last known good are the ones I uploaded for you, I can't seem to find teh date they were added to the images.

The reason that link did not work is beacuse of a known problem with the DW forum, it adds an S to the link to that site. If you delete the S from the url you will get through. Anyway, Digi247 has uploaded them for you. They are from 30/05/03. Older than your current ones.

Hi folks, just to confirm updated to rev 699 and used the drivers from a pre July image and all is working glitch free, using cache flush and a swap file don't go a miss either, but now the box is running super smooth both when running the card locally and connecting to a server, this has been tested using oscam, cccam and Mgcamd.

using cache flush and a swap file don't go a miss either,

you should not be running cache flush on any receiver unless it is needed for example with the Duo which has known memory leak issues. using cache flush and a swap file when they are not needed actually causes problems rather than solving them, the TM-OE boxes have more than sufficient ram not to need either

Freezing problem has returned for me. This is nothing to do with the issue with VIX images as I am not using them.

This is highly frustrating and annoying.

I'm thinking of putting my hammer to the TM-2T box. Seriously. The server I am using has no issues (confirmed by many people) and I am still getting picture issues.

Disgraceful.

Back