TM-2T freezing problem. Please help!

kanwar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry. Yet another problem arises with my TM-2T

I initialized my hard disk several times and installed VIX image 683. I have only set up the EPG and ABM built into the image and not fiddled with anything else but my reason for doing the former remains.

I am using cccam to connect to a reliable server. There is a freezing/sputtering issue which occurs with the channels. It particularly seems to happen when I am recording something (have two wires going in to the back of the box).

I really dont know why this is occuring or how to fix it. Tbh I'm so pissed off with the TM box that I'm close to getting rid of it. Ky internet connection is also working fine. The box is connected to a powering adapter. It has no problems with other devices and I have resented the plugs too.

Any ideas, please, as to what could be wrong/faulty?

N.B. I have tried turning off freeze check on softcam manager but it has not helped.

Thank you.

I am using cccam to connect to a reliable server. There is a freezing/sputtering issue which occurs with the channels. It particularly seems to happen when I am recording something (have two wires going in to the back of the box).

Does this happen on FTA channels as well?

Thanks for the reply.

No, it doesn't happen with FTA channels. I look forward to more of your informed help.

Then its a server problem in my opinion,
If you are recording and watching two premium channels,your box will be requesting twice the amount of ECM's,thus making a bad server even worse,

Try the same server on a different box in the same location just to rule in or out the server itself,but I would lay odds on it being the server

Thanks, very insightful. At the moment, the stuttering seems to be happening with certain channels I.e. Chelsea tv, sly sports news and a few others.

Are there servers you can recommend me to try which will rule the issue in or out? Thanks again...

Hi guys,

Sorry. Yet another problem arises with my TM-2T

I initialized my hard disk several times and installed VIX image 683. I have only set up the EPG and ABM built into the image and not fiddled with anything else but my reason for doing the former remains.

I really dont know why this is occuring or how to fix it. Tbh I'm so pissed off with the TM box that I'm close to getting rid of it. Ky internet connection is also working fine. The box is connected to a powering adapter. It has no problems with other devices and I have resented the plugs too.

Any ideas, please, as to what could be wrong/faulty?

N.B. I have tried turning off freeze check on softcam manager but it has not helped.

Thank you.

hello
kanwar

are you using a sky dish buy any chance? and if so wot age is it?
i see wizz saying that its a server problem ( it could be ) but it might not be the server, i could just as easy be your lnb or that your lnb needs a we teck iv seen this loads of times, is the dish easy to get to? have you ever work'd at a dish?
i would't give up on the 2t yet m8
hope this helps :)

Thanks for your excellent advice, slybox hd.

The dish is about 10-12 years old. The lnb was fitted by the guy who installed the extra cable/receiver etc.

I am trying a different server now, a trial for £1 and it seems much better! No problems yet, fingers crossed.

I said that the server I was on was reliable as that's what the guy tells me. Lol.

It is a sky dish, yes. Sorry for the double post but I only have access to my phone and could not find edit option.

if youre connected to a dish, with multi output LNB, swap the connections around on the back of your receiver, and try again, if the problem is still there, then your dish is fine

a lot of 'servers' want to charge for 2 'connections' if you want to run a twin tuner receiver, or they will impose a limit on the amount of 'keys' you can receive in 7 seconds, if its limited to 1 key (or CW) every 7 seconds) then youll only be able to decode one service, wether youre recording or not, while trying a 'new' server, youll be given priority, to ensure everything works, then given a different line when you pay, and the same limits imposed

if you want flawless viewing and recording, at least 97% of the time, take out a sly sub. if you want flawless viewing, and recording at least 50% of the time, dont use a server that advertises on any websites. if you want flawless viewing and recording at least 75% of the time, dont use a server that advertises anywhere online. if you want flawless viewing at least 90% of the time, dont use a server that advertises, anywhere

Thanks for your excellent advice, slybox hd.

The dish is about 10-12 years old. The lnb was fitted by the guy who installed the extra cable/receiver etc.

I am trying a different server now, a trial for £1 and it seems much better! No problems yet, fingers crossed.

I said that the server I was on was reliable as that's what the guy tells me. Lol.

i hope thats you sort'd :dance:

if youre connected to a dish, with multi output LNB, swap the connections around on the back of your receiver, and try again, if the problem is still there, then your dish is fine

a lot of 'servers' want to charge for 2 'connections' if you want to run a twin tuner receiver, or they will impose a limit on the amount of 'keys' you can receive in 7 seconds, if its limited to 1 key (or CW) every 7 seconds) then youll only be able to decode one service, wether youre recording or not, while trying a 'new' server, youll be given priority, to ensure everything works, then given a different line when you pay, and the same limits imposed

if you want flawless viewing and recording, at least 97% of the time, take out a sly sub. if you want flawless viewing, and recording at least 50% of the time, dont use a server that advertises on any websites. if you want flawless viewing and recording at least 75% of the time, dont use a server that advertises anywhere online. if you want flawless viewing at least 90% of the time, dont use a server that advertises, anywhere

Very interesting. Thank you.

My situation has become a bit complex. Here goes...

With the new server it is going well but there is a problem (I had this when old server was working perfectly too). I am on.VIX image 683 and what happens is that when I turn on Permanent Timeshift, a number of hours later the encrypted channels begin to stutter/freeze. The way to fix it is to turn PTS off and to delete the Timeshift folder on HDD, which reboot the box.

This is quite strange. I thought I may not get this with this new server but alaa I was wrong (is it even due to this??).

I look forward to what ideas you guys have about this. Thanks

adjust your PTS settings so that instead of it having a 3 hour buffer (180) its just 10 mins, do you really need to rewind to 3 hours ago?, also, install cache flush, and set this to run every hour or so

if you dont use PTS, then disable it completley

adjust your PTS settings so that instead of it having a 3 hour buffer (180) its just 10 mins, do you really need to rewind to 3 hours ago?, also, install cache flush, and set this to run every hour or so

if you dont use PTS, then disable it completley

I do like to use PTS but even 10-15 mins is more than enough. However, VIX image doesn't give an option to set this unfortunately (and 4d image gives green screen with PTS).

How do I do cache flush, please?

UH, OH. Just what I feared.

I am now getting the dreaded freezing problem with these servers too!!!

:-(

UH, OH. Just what I feared.

I am now getting the dreaded freezing problem with these servers too!!!

:-(

Saturday evening folks settling down to watch the TV,its to be expected from a pay server,unless you hit on a good one,

But in the interests of fairness,and the odd chance that I could be wrong :(,try what slyboxhd and digidude recommend it their posts :)

hello
kanwar

are you using a sky dish buy any chance? and if so wot age is it?
i see wizz saying that its a server problem ( it could be ) but it might not be the server, i could just as easy be your lnb or that your lnb needs a we teck iv seen this loads of times, is the dish easy to get to? have you ever work'd at a dish?
i would't give up on the 2t yet m8
hope this helps :)

Can you explain this further, please?

Do you mean that the lnb needs replacing or the wires coming from it?

Also, the £1 trial server had 40 something shares available compared to my previous one which only had 9 but still ended up freezing! I hope I can find a better server. I don't kind paying premium amount for a premium service.

Ok I've been trying to get to the bottom of this. I've tried quite a few different servers now and all are giving the same problem.

I swapped the feeds on the back but still get the freezing issue. I've noticed that the issue almost wholly affects HD channels. Sometimes its one if two channels, sometimes more but their SD equivalent seems to be fine.

The dish is over 10 years old. I wonder if the wiring might be dodgy. I really am quite stuck and would be very grateful for further help. Thanks.

Back