Timeshift not possible message

cypher1055

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there, is there anyway to disable timeshift not possible notification, which keeps popping every time I boot up my solo2?

It's cause you've got PTS enabled and there is nowhere for it to record to as far as I know, so either get a hard disk installed and formatted to ext4 or disable PTS in the Setup menus.

But I have a hard disk in ext4 format connected to the box & time shift does work well afterwards, it is only this annoying notification in the beginning that I haven't been able to disable?

In that case it's because when PTS starts the hard disk hasn't yet been mounted so PTS doesn't see a path that it can write to.

The reason I think this is happening is that the hard disk is being automounted using mount manager, what I've done is the following to get the OS to mount the hard disk as part of the OS boot process, I've described below the process for adding both a hard disk and a USB drive:

Telnet to the box and use the command blkid to get the UUID of the hard disk and USB stick whilst they are plugged into the box, so for example the command when run on my box produces the output:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Then update the file /etc/fstab so that the UUID above is used to identify the device and where it should be mounted, again for example I've added the following lines for my hard drive and USB:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

PS I don't know why blkid shows my USB stick as being of type ext3, when I run the mount command it's identified as being of type ext4?

But my fstab file already has my hard drive on it?

UUID=7d8505aa-8f00-44aa-856d-ded440e828b9 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0

Am I missing something?

Run the blkid command to make sure the uuid is correct if it is correct then I'm not too sure what is going on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think I have cracked it, just changed the timeshift start time to 5 sec instead default 2 sec & Wola:Cheers:

That's weird, Glad it's fixed, I have mine set to start after 3 seconds and have never had that message on restart of the box.

Back