These Bring Back Memories

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife decided it was time we had a proper declutter of ALL cupboards in the house
She asked me if these were any good, probably not but I can't bring myself to throw them away lol

Now Im sure I still have 2 programmers in the shed, will have to dig them out just to look at them lol

Ah the memories :Hit:

Attachments

• cards.jpg
    cards.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 37
Wife decided it was time we had a proper declutter of ALL cupboards in the house
She asked me if these were any good, probably not but I can't bring myself to throw them away lol

Now Im sure I still have 2 programmers in the shed, will have to dig them out just to look at them lol

Ah the memories :Hit:

I know what you mean. Have quiet a few knocking around also. You never know one day they might be useful again . Probably not but one can hope.

Cool to see those old cards again :) The hobby will never be quite like that again but it's always fun remembering the first time you saw a black screen become a picture and thinking "omg it bloody works" haha ;)

I was in my lock up garage over Christmas digging out the karaoke machine and in a box I stumbled across my old UP-48A

how frustrating was this image ? if you had one you'll know what I mean :)

up48contacts_small.jpg

Cool to see those old cards again :) The hobby will never be quite like that again but it's always fun remembering the first time you saw a black screen become a picture and thinking "omg it bloody works" haha ;)
Thats what it was all about.
It wasn't about watching free tv although that was a bonus, it was just about saying " omg it bloody works "

Thats what it was all about.
It wasn't about watching free tv although that was a bonus, it was just about saying " omg it bloody works "

haha yup, and jumping straight onto the internet as soon as it stopped working to find out why!

haha i found some old rom 10 and 11's in a box, make good icescrapers. Spent all that time unlocking them too.

Silverdale mine usually ended up 1 or 2 pins red,that boiled my piss :) my first adapter also needed the top 2 pin's bridged to work.

also remember my first willem, uncased and while using it the first day i sat it on top on the big cheiftec tower and blew a few components ,silly tw@t.

the good old days guys got a few kicking about as well , never no one day they good be useful again ;)

Silverdale mine usually ended up 1 or 2 pins red,that boiled my piss :) my first adapter also needed the top 2 pin's bridged to work.

also remember my first willem, uncased and while using it the first day i sat it on top on the big cheiftec tower and blew a few components ,silly tw@t.

Tsk tsk...

Fibreglass pencil and then toothbrush scrub with surgical spirit.

Dragon & Diablo cam with Cas 3 I had but the biggest wreck the head was the cerebro.

Miss those days though - always remember the first time I entered keys into my Technomate correctly.....

Orgasms all over the place lol

Tsk tsk...

Fibreglass pencil and then toothbrush scrub with surgical spirit.

Tsk tsk to me as well...

Other way round! Get rid of the flux first then fibreglass pencil, that's how long ago it was :).

I remember searching hi and low for a box with a rom10 a16,also remember too well the bits of fiberglass stuck in my hand after cleaning chip's and the board, and i still remember the secret password DEEDBEEFBAADF00D ... could go on and on.

How about all the stories about the database,how hard it was to get a copy (i found 2 sets of keys on it for very old boxes with the atmels also on the simm) and speaking of simm's i remember people saying about a simm board that could give you the boxkey with a voltmeter,they got laughed at and told to wise up only for a simm to be released years later :)

just remembered the unloopers to +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---++-++++++++++++++++++++++++---+++-------------++++++...

Last edited:
I remember them all very well especially my first ever Pace the bit when I got it to stop giving me 8888 or - - - - and 511 came on :)

I thought " No other f****r can do this !!" then signing up with the shack forum and finding out half of Britain were at it !

The good old days hey !, frustrating as they were. I was in it to basically to see if I could do it and beat it. Nowadays every Tom Dick and Harry just use AliExpress and a usb stick, not much fun in that for me.

A couple of year back while walking I saw about 6 pace boxes in a skip. I nearly climbed in for them, it never leaves you :)

Ive still got tit1s tit2s opus funcards and 100s of rom 10 and rom 11 cards. You never know and ive still got pace and Sammy boxes in the loft lol

Andy.

Ive still got tit1s tit2s opus funcards and 100s of rom 10 and rom 11 cards. You never know and ive still got pace and Sammy boxes in the loft lol

Andy.

Lol a bit like myself and a few Sammy hd boxes Sa hd vboxs that broke my heart when i opened them up to take the hd,s out , i still keep thinking they will get done some day

Mick

They said with the dm500's "No good now, you might as well skim them" I kept a few just in case :)

Found my first season interface that I built the other day. 3m serial lead, great big blobs of solder. Ah, the memories. :)

Back