The Twenty 20 World Cup

they've been shouting the odds right from the start. This will bring them a peg or two. And the fact that their fans had the cheek to boo our players on to the pitch was totally uncalled for...

Also how come t20 again in 9 months? thought it would be every 2 years.

T20 in 9 months is only for the top 8 teams in icc ranking, basically no easy matches!

Absolutely terrific performance from Pakistan just what the doctor ordered!

Gotta give it to them, they played really well and to let a 17 year old bowl the last over took some nutz.

I will say that imho, SA would have kicked their a$$ on any other pitch in the tournament, it was too slow for SA.

Well done Pakistan.

Gotta give it to them, they played really well and to let a 17 year old bowl the last over took some nutz.

I will say that imho, SA would have kicked their a$$ on any other pitch in the tournament, it was too slow for SA.

Well done Pakistan.

I thought that total was little low (maybe 15 runs less) but they did well defending it. Afridi was good and Gul showed his class.

That 17 year old did well but got me worried when he bowled that poor bowl which was hit for 6 though in the end Pakistan was the better team on the day and deservedly so are in the final!

I certainly was pleasantly surprised by this performance! I think Sri Lanka are favorites now to win it although the Windies won't be pushovers tomorrow.

Accusations? Who accused Gul of cheating during the tournament?
that bloody daniel vettori captain of new zealand..just cos they cant reverse swing it , they say something is not right...anyway...pakistan all the way.....again umer guls reverse swing stopped the runs, along with shahid afridi....match winning performance with bat and ball...anyway PAKISTAN ! ZINDABAAD...no stopping us now...lol

Last edited:
Surprises all over the place in this world cup, i wont be surprised if West Indies knock out Sri Lanka now

Surprises all over the place in this world cup, i wont be surprised if West Indies knock out Sri Lanka now

i wouldnt be surprised myself.. they've beaten australia, england and india so wouldnt put it past them. Congrats to Pakistan they were very good today. Always had a soft spot for the pakistani team so im definitely cheering them on and hope they go all the way.... C'mon Pakistan!

Well done Pakistan on making the final. Drat I decided to take a day off and go tomorrow instead. Still I can't wait for the final on Sunday, whoever faces the Pakistani's will need to bat well.

Game on

Well done Sri Lanka :Clap:

They totally outplayed Windies and we never even got to see Gayle smile. I thought maybe if they won we would see a smile but its not to be.

I now have to choose a team to cheer on.....I am opting for Sri Lanka because I think they have been the better of the 2 teams and mainly because Dilshan has been an absolute joy to watch, some of his shots are amazing, I think he just makes them up as he goes along.

Good luck to both teams though and heres hoping for a cracker of a final.

They totally outplayed Windies and we never even got to see Gayle smile. I thought maybe if they won we would see a smile but its not to be.

I now have to choose a team to cheer on.....I am opting for Sri Lanka because I think they have been the better of the 2 teams and mainly because Dilshan has been an absolute joy to watch, some of his shots are amazing, I think he just makes them up as he goes along.

Yep they played well deservedly so you just wonder if those 3 wickets didn't go down in first over!

Yep they played well deservedly so you just wonder if those 3 wickets didn't go down in first over!

You just reminded me nani....gayle did smile, when he played a shot and it spun just past the wicket and almost hit it, he justed smiled then because of the 3 other played ons.

lol Dilshan's shots piss me off, dunno why, its like watching a cartoon version of cricketeer lol

lol Dilshan's shots piss me off, dunno why, its like watching a cartoon version of cricketeer lol

Its T20 m8...it was invented as a really quick entertaining game and thats what Dilshan does, he entertains, the Dilshan scoop is a really gutsy and hard thing to do, scooping the ball over wicket keeper is just pure entertainment....imho. Besides that, he is the leading scorer of the tournament and has hit the most 4s by a country mile.

Well the day is finally here and I'm thoroughly looking forward to the final. Lets hope that the final proves to be as nail biting as the last one.

Any DW members going?

Well the day is finally here and I'm thoroughly looking forward to the final. Lets hope that the final proves to be as nail biting as the last one.

Any DW members going?

not going but hope watching and quite excited hoping for a good game!

I think Sri Lanka start as favorites today!

Any DW members going?

had cpl tickets but sold them on...

££££££££££££££££££££££££

:banana:

our cricket league matches were all cancelled today cos of this twenty20 final....so like i said before..pakistan have peaked at the right time..batters and bowlers have finally come to the party...so its PAKISTAN for me....:banana:..let the games begin..

Looks like the favourites lose again, something of a trend in this Twenty20

Well done to Pakistan, they were realy up for it today. They started the tournament slow but came good when it was needed.

Although theiir bowling was great today and they batted responsibly, the reson they won was because of ME. (see quote below)

I can put a scud on anyone. A duck from the leading scorer in tournament.

Dilshan has been an absolute joy to watch, some of his shots are amazing, I think he just makes them up as he goes along.

Back