The Twenty 20 World Cup

WELL DONE PAKISTAN!!! Immense performance.... Afridi was outstanding... Unlucky Sri Lanka, just fell short at the final hurdle...

well done pakistan...deserve to win the trophy beating the two favourites...lets look forward to april 2010..when it happens all over again in the west indies,,,lol :proud:

had cpl tickets but sold them on...

££££££££££££££££££££££££

:banana:

: spank : Bad mojo, bad mojo

Well done to Pakistan, they were realy up for it today. They started the tournament slow but came good when it was needed.

Although theiir bowling was great today and they batted responsibly, the reson they won was because of ME. (see quote below)

I can put a scud on anyone. A duck from the leading scorer in tournament.

LOL it's all jaffa's fault the SL lost, I'll be sure to point Dilshan to this thread!

Congratulations to Pakistan, the best team won.

To those that were watching the game on the telly, did you guys see any trouble in the crowds etc, people getting arrested? The mood turned pretty nasty so quickly it was shocking.

To those that were watching the game on the telly, did you guys see any trouble in the crowds etc, people getting arrested? The mood turned pretty nasty so quickly it was shocking.
i didnt see any trouble in the crowd..why what happened?...

well done pakistan :Clap:

2 years of hurt have been put to rest

birmingham is rocking, off to celebrate :banana:

hmmmm... dint see anything myself, then again i was watching a stream... Its a shame if it did happen though and its pretty unfortunate that trouble follows the pakistani supporters....

Brilliant delighted with the result was so nervous today but well done to Pakistan they done it!

It was brilliant performance they were up for it and Sri Lanka choked! However i thought Kumara Sangakara today showed why he is the best keep batsman in the World he was tremendous with the bat without him Sri Lanka wouldn't have made a game out of it!

I really enjoyed Afridi's innings he was very cool even when rate went up and played controlled shots!

So far in the T20 World cup Pakistan have reached both finals which is a great achievement!

hmmmm... dint see anything myself, then again i was watching a stream... Its a shame if it did happen though and its pretty unfortunate that trouble follows the pakistani supporters....

I spoke to a couple of guys who went they said there was no fighting or any arrest being made why should they be fight and with who?

I spoke to a couple of guys who went they said there was no fighting or any arrest being made why should they be fight and with who?

m8 i dunno... munkey said that things got nasty.... they have been issues in the past whereby pakistan fans have been involved in trouble so i wouldnt be surprised...

i didnt see any trouble in the crowd..why what happened?...

I was seated in the lower compton which is below the media centre, some Pakistani fans kicked it off with some English lads and about 5-10 ended up being kicked out of the stadium, imagine that, your team are in final you're dumb enough to get into a fight.

The same happened at the India vs Pakistan friendly at the Oval where a few supporters decided that kicking it off was the best way to have a fun day out.

dsc_0113aa.jpg

dsc_0117aa.jpg

dsc_0120aa.jpg

Anyway these guys do not represent the real Pakistani fans, the vast majority are good natured fans but unfortunately this is a problem with a small section of the crowd having been to most of the games this tournament and seeing it with my own eyes.

It's such a shame that I didn't snap a picture of one of the surrealist things I have seen in ages. Towards the last 5 overs once all the trouble makers had been kicked out these 3 or 4 old Pakistani guys (long beards, looked religious) kept on buying this English bloke pints and making him knock them back in one which was drawing huge cheers from all of the supporters. It was hilarious.

---

I'm so sad that the tournament is over, luckily the Ashes start soon and then we have the Champions trophy so plenty of cricket to come.

dsc_0228aa.jpg

dsc_0285.jpg

dsc_0449.jpg

The photo above was probably the most exciting part of any Indian innings.

dsc_0357.jpg

dsc_0337.jpg

dsc_0076.jpg

That's all for now folks, I still need to go through all of the photo's, hopefully there are a few gems in there.

Back