The Twenty 20 World Cup

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
This should be one hell of a tournament and the weathers looking good so we could have two weeks of uninterrupted cricket.

Is anyone planning on going to any games? I was at the India vs NZ game yesterday and shall be going to India vs Pakistan tomorrow. The India vs Pakistan game is only a friendly and it has sold out which is amazing.

I fancy the South Africans or Australians as favourites with India closely behind.

not goin to any games and now im gona miss it on tv after vermin removed sly sports from analogue!!! bloody b*sta*ds!!!!!

Should be a cracking tournament, hope weather holds out. Think pakistan maybe a surprise package, considering whats gone in their cricket over the last couple years. They were runners up last time around....

This should be one hell of a tournament and the weathers looking good so we could have two weeks of uninterrupted cricket.

Is anyone planning on going to any games? I was at the India vs NZ game yesterday and shall be going to India vs Pakistan tomorrow. The India vs Pakistan game is only a friendly and it has sold out which is amazing.

I fancy the South Africans or Australians as favourites with India closely behind.

For me i can't see anyone other then India winning it their players are awesome in this form and bowling is very good! I think Yusaf Pathan could be a big player for them! I think South Africa may prove to be the biggest challenge for India other then that can't see anyone beating them not even Australia!

South Africa have a balanced team so for me winner will come from one of these 2 teams!

Most tournaments have a surprise so i will say Sri Lanka as underdogs!

not goin to any games and now im gona miss it on tv after vermin removed sly sports from analogue!!! bloody b*sta*ds!!!!!

Should be a cracking tournament, hope weather holds out. Think pakistan maybe a surprise package, considering whats gone in their cricket over the last couple years. They were runners up last time around....

Time to buy a Chinese Dreambox mate :)

The dream final would be Pakistan vs India and I pray that it happens. TBH after both of our opening performances I think we'd do well to get past the Super 8's. Tanvir's bowling good along with Gul and if the new boy Shezzad can keep bowling like has in trhe past few months then Pakistan could be in with a shout. Some of the shot selection leaves a lot to be desired.

For me i can't see anyone other then India winning it their players are awesome in this form and bowling is very good! I think Yusaf Pathan could be a big player for them! I think South Africa may prove to be the biggest challenge for India other then that can't see anyone beating them not even Australia!

South Africa have a balanced team so for me winner will come from one of these 2 teams!

Most tournaments have a surprise so i will say Sri Lanka as underdogs!

After seeing the Australians smash us in Melbourne I'd rate their chances quite high, although I can't believe that the Bengali's hit them for 180 odd runs yesterday. Amazing stuff, 20/20 is so unpredictable.

Leading wicket taker, Mitchell Johnson or Goofy Tanvir (if Pakistan reach the latter stages)

im not in a fully cabled area m8... ive also got a digi, but only get 2 & xtra on that... all games on sly sports 1! was running analogue thru splitter so was getting 1,2,3 & xtra!

anyways india/pak would be amazing, atmosphere would be electric.... tanvir's a very good bowler and i think rajasthan royals badly missed him in the IPL.

Waiting for tickets from work.. boss is on the case.. :D did have tickets for last week , lancashire vs nottingham but couldnt go BAH..

Get tickets free from work .. Npower :)

I watched SA in Australia series and they were awesome so they will be may choice.

Im going to india match this saturday and following wednesday in trent bridge, also going to some lords matches for the super 8's.

Anyone know if you can take the blow horn noisy things to Lords as I know they are strict on their rules!!!

Im going to india match this saturday and following wednesday in trent bridge, also going to some lords matches for the super 8's.

Anyone know if you can take the blow horn noisy things to Lords as I know they are strict on their rules!!!

Horns are fine but the ICC has banned musical instruments from this years world cup. I guess this just reaffirms the ICC's position as being clueless as ever.

-------------------------

I was at the India vs Pakistan game yesterday and it turned out being a no contest. After Pakistan got off to a flying start averaging 10 runs/over off the first 4 or 5 overs I thought India would be looking at chasing down 200 runs, but the comical run out of Akmal and the golden duck of Afridi pretty much ended Pakistans chances of going 200+. Still 157 was not bad but the wicket was pretty flat so a few more runs would have been helpful, just a shame that Pakistan went 7 overs without hitting a boundary which quietened their fans somewhat.

India came out blazing but got off to a slightly slower start than the Pakistani's averaging 9/over off the first 5 overs. Rohits 80 off 50 odd deliveries pretty much took the game away from their fiercest rivals and after that it was pretty much an easy victory with plenty of overs to spare.

Personally speaking I've waited a lifetime to chant Champions, Champions, Champions...as a lifelong Hammer we'll never win the league so it was nice just to sing it on this occasion. I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to see the rest of the team bat but begrudgingly I'll accept a 9 wicket victory.

There were skirmishes inside and outside of the ground but generally speaking the two sets of fans were in very good spirits. I do hope that these two teams meet again in the knock out stages of the tournament as it is the biggest game in cricket. The stadium was sold out whilst England managed only a few thousand fans at Lords for their friendly against the WI.

decent comeback from pakistan considering they were 60 odd for 5.... Bowling was awful, plenty of short pitched deliveries which went straight to the boundary.

decent comeback from pakistan considering they were 60 odd for 5.... Bowling was awful, plenty of short pitched deliveries which went straight to the boundary.

Agreed, Aamir is definitely one for the future though, the pace he generates in his swift bowling action reminds me of Waqar Younis in the 90's.

Agreed, Aamir is definitely one for the future though, the pace he generates in his swift bowling action reminds me of Waqar Younis in the 90's.

man waqar and wasim was some bowling combination, just deadly.... In the last 15 yrs or so i can only think of ambrose and walsh who would come close.

man waqar and wasim was some bowling combination, just deadly.... In the last 15 yrs or so i can only think of ambrose and walsh who would come close.

I would rate McGrath, Gillespie and Lee with any of them, awesome for Oz.

I would rate McGrath, Gillespie and Lee with any of them, awesome for Oz.

McGrath was just in a league of his own at his peak he was awesome! Him and Warne in tandem could destroy any batting line up!

Gillespie and Lee have been excellent performers!

I think currently there are Mitchell Johnson and Dale Steyn who i rate as outstanding quickies! The rest are either good or average!

sh*t how did i forget the aussies!?!? lol

dunno bout gillespie, he was hot and cold for me... but mcgrath, lee and warne was an immense combo...

Not looking forward to Malinga the slinga....I honestly dont see how they dont pull him up for that action, it look throwing stones.

I like RP Singh, he had a great IPL and should be in form.
I really hope the weather holds up, I hate it when those 20/20 matches are reduced to 5 overs cos of rain.

England played well against WI (but they were pants though) but Eng were poor against Scotland.

Lets hope it a cracker and for anyone going to the matches......enjoy it. Wish I could be there.

Gillespie's nickname was 'Dizzy' and I thought it was rather deserved, I didn't personally rate him.

If Mohammed Asif wasn't nandrolone powered, him and Gul would be deadly and the best bowling act in the world.

I don't rate the Sri Lankan bowling attack, if the ICC had any guts at all they would ban Murli and Slinga for life, those bowling actions are a disgrace. Soddin chuckers.

For India Ishant and Zaheer will be the ones to watch, I just hope that Zaheer is fit for the latter stages of the tournament.

asif is a very good bowler, shame the he's hitting the headlines for the wrong reason....

if they werent to any internal politics within the pcb, pakistan for me could have had a deadly fast bowling combo of waqar, wasim and shoaib akhtar... Internal issues cost waqar 3 very good cricketing years where he would been at his prime and obviously shoaib's discipline and injuries are still costing him now lol would have loved to have seen shoaib play, he is box office without a doubt.

on a slightly different note pakistan have this 16yo bowler whose 6'10 and still growing! article says he's 23 but his d.o.b is 21/12/92.

Pakistan new pace sensation - Mohammad Irfan - Cricket Web

I would say India, Australia or South Africa to win it (in that order)

Back