The Twenty 20 World Cup

Did you get Afridis catch on camera?

I think your right but if this Indian batting clicks then there is trouble ahead for bowling attacks!

South Africa are clear favorites but i think we will get a surprise as South Africa have a history of chocking at the last hurdle!

Nope indian top order battin was once again craptacular. The free runs given away in the field really cost India in the end

Good performance by the Eng bowlers and reasonable from the batsmen.

Big game again tomorrow though.

im f*cking over the moon india are out, they thought it be would a walkover, too over confident right from the start of the tournament... c'mon england tmrw!

Need to watch highlights before i can comment but from what i have heard the short ball did some damage!

Now i am surprised the holders are out well never mind as i think now South Africa will win it now i thought maybe this Indian side could beat them but never mind lol!

Whenever India are favourites for anything they fook it up. I think their whole approach in the group games was wrong and set them up for big fall.

I didnt see why Dhoni went in at number 3 in the to play the boring anchor role when India had lost their first wicket only halfway through game, and in super eight games when they needed anchor role after early loss he puts in Raina. Why chop and change your order at this stage.

Instead of playing the measured approach against Bangladesh (which nearly backfired) and Ireland they should have been practicing to get as many runs as quickly as possible for the bigger matches ahead.

Upper order batsmen were jus off-form...if your eating too many balls and not gettin enough runs they need to learn that it would be better if they threw caution to the wind rather than jus nudge ball around hopin something to happen.

Anyone else mystified why Dhoni dropped Irfan and not Sharma? and also why did he make Sharma ball 4 overs when he was the worst bowler on the pitch with exception of Yuvraj

Why did Yuvraj bat low down today he is arguably the cleanest striker in the team yet he came in so low down.

That new guy was shite Ravi Jadeja he wasted too many balls!

Raina i though he was a real top player but can't seem to handle the short ball too well!

Inida have been the masters of their self destruction in this tournament and i can see the main problem being the captaincy of Dhoni!

Well done to England a real solid performance with the ball as that score the batsman got wasn't brilliant but a bowling did the job for them!

Did you get Afridis catch on camera?

I think your right but if this Indian batting clicks then there is trouble ahead for bowling attacks!

South Africa are clear favorites but i think we will get a surprise as South Africa have a history of chocking at the last hurdle!

I decided to watch the Pakistan vs NZ game with my mates in the stands so I don't have the match photo's with me but I did manage these two

dsc_0196.jpg

dsc_0197.jpg

-----

Well India are out and it's not as big of a shock as most think. India were lucky against the Bengali's and took Ireland all the way, something which does not indicate a team in form.

Dhoni is a great captain but he made some serious mistakes which I'm sure he will learn from if he is to improve on his already excellent record as captain. He'll learn to improve his communication skills and to respect players such as Sechwag a bit more, a breakdown in communications between the captain and vice captain was hardly confidence inspiring. India were as good as out of the WC when Sehwag flew home so people really shouldn't be surprised at the result.

My my what poor team selection and management including playing the untested Jadeja and playing Yuvraj with nine overs to go. The reason India are out is because of Dhoni's poor decision making and Jadeja's lacklustre 25 of 35 odd deliveries. Fortunately the next T20 WC is only nine months away..

I was disappointed with the booing of the England team by the Indian fans but in their defence there had been a lot of day time drinking going on plus half of the Indian contingent were from the continent where cricket is treated more like pantomime rather than a professional sport, regardless it was inappropriate and disrespectful this side of the pond. I did chuckle at Collingwoods comments though, maybe a few more English fans inside of Lords would have drowned out the noise coming from the sea of blue which dominated the stadium.

Right I'm off to cheer on England against the WI, it should prove to be an excellent game with some real big hitters in the from of Gayle and Pietersen. I hope one of them plays a big innings.

im f*cking over the moon india are out, they thought it be would a walkover, too over confident right from the start of the tournament... c'mon england tmrw!

Hardly sporting..

I also thought Dhoni make a ricket by only giving R P singh 3 overs and they were 3 tidy overs at that and he took a wicket. Very strange decision.

Hardly sporting..

they've been shouting the odds right from the start. This will bring them a peg or two. And the fact that their fans had the cheek to boo our players on to the pitch was totally uncalled for...

Also how come t20 again in 9 months? thought it would be every 2 years.

I'd agree that I Sharma should have been dropped and RP Singh should have been in the team from the very beginning. He's a very good T20 bowler and his wickets tally in the IPL showed that.

Keeping Irfan Pathan would've been a good idea, he's more than a capable batsman and could've have got India some crucial runs towards the end of the innings.

Dhoni's captaincy was poor during this tournament. The batting line-up in some games was just all wrong. Yuvraj and Yusuf Pathan coming in too late, Dhoni not playing too agressive and trying to keep his wicket.

I feel South Africa will take it. There over strength and depth in the batting line up is by far the best out of all the other teams, and they have alot of good bowlers. Parnell is coming good, Steyn is economical and with the likes of Botha and Van De Meurwe (spelling?) they've got a good bowling attack.

Sri Lanka may be a surprise package. If Jayasuriya comes into a bit of form they be a force to be reckoned with with the likes of Dilshan and Sangakarra looking in good nick. Good bowling attack with Mendis and of course Malinga and Murali.

Could be some exciting games ahead.

they've been shouting the odds right from the start. This will bring them a peg or two. And the fact that their fans had the cheek to boo our players on to the pitch was totally uncalled for...

Also how come t20 again in 9 months? thought it would be every 2 years.

The booing was a little disappointing but come on, the English don't get pantomime? That's shocking.

So far as the next T20 WC being in nine months, we are talking about the ICC here (same people that played the last limited overs final in the dark) Behind the scenes they are even more disorganised than their public persona.

Last time to see the Indians today, I know which direction to aim my boo's at least.

Damn India were awful against the South Africans yesterday. To not chase down a target of a run a ball is criminal. It's time for a very brief rest and then for pointless one dayers against the WI.

Big game tomorrow for Pakistan, they have history on their side as no team usually wins a tournament without losing a single game and the South Africans have yet to lose. The wicket is giving plenty of assistance to the bowlers which should suit Pakistan, either way it will be a cracking game. If the Pakistanis bat first they stand a good chance of winning.

Anyone going to the game, shall I keep an eye out for anyone in the crowd wearing a silly costume?

I just can't see how Pakistan will beat this mighty South African team!

They will need to bat exceptionally which they haven't so far i reckon an easy win for South Africa here unfortunately!

I think the other semi-final will be closer and hope the Windies win it!

They will need to bat exceptionally which they haven't so far i reckon an easy win for South Africa here unfortunately!

Pakistan haven't played well and you're in the semi finals, if the batting improves and the bowling continues as is, you'll be in the final as favourites to win the tournament. That can't be too bad.

A few more catches will have to stick as well ;)

In my opinion Pakistan have got a good squad of players and if they are on song then they possess enough to beat SA. Saying that, I still think Pakistan will lose - just don't see them clicking and getting into gear. But it's T20.. Anything can happen.

With regards to the to the other semi-final, Sri Lanka should win. Overall stronger team. Batting has been decent in the tournament and got one of the best bowling attack in the competition. Also the fact of whether or not Fidel Edwards will be fit for the match.

South Africa vs Sri Lanka final. Going to be a cracking final!!!!:Clap:

pakistan all the way...suddenly they have some wins under there belt....umer gul firing all cylinders...reverse swing (typical--accusing them of cheating--how many times we have heard that before)......shahid afridi is definately due for big one..this could be it...who knows it a funny old game...i fancy windies in the second semi....again pace and bounce will be sri lanks downfall...

pakistan all the way...suddenly they have some wins under there belt....umer gul firing all cylinders...reverse swing (typical--accusing them of cheating--how many times we have heard that before)......shahid afridi is definately due for big one..this could be it...who knows it a funny old game...i fancy windies in the second semi....again pace and bounce will be sri lanks downfall...

Accusations? Who accused Gul of cheating during the tournament?

Accusations? Who accused Gul of cheating during the tournament?

I think he is referring to the New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori who raised concerns about the amount of reverse swing Umar Gul was getting!

Sore loser is what comes to mind in this case for Vettori!

Back