the cash machine sucked the cash back in how long does it take to land back on to your account?

joeblaze

DW Regular
Reaction score
during the night i took a dander to with draw some cash from the atm. i got the daily limit. a few hundred but because i was stoned and talking on the phone so it didnt have my full attention. i just took the card and walked away. i know for sure no one took it because i didnt walk even 3 meters before i realised and no one was there so i know no one took it.

i cant withdraw any more cash till later or ring customer service till tomorrow morning, am a bit concerned the next person to use the machine could have got that cash.

until i see it on my balance or talk to customer service not sure if ill get it back at the moment without hassle

I will give my mate a ring in crumlin @joeblaze
He is out on bail and experienced in recovering bank cards from ATM machines, will drop it into you on tuesday morning mate.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's always a phone number on the ATM for you to ring, not sure if they are 24/7 but worth taking a look. Shouldn't have to wait too long for it to go back into your account seeing as tomorrow is Monday.

Can you freeze the card from online banking until you sort it out with the bank just to be on the safe side. In case a card skimmer was on the front of the atm.

i usually withdraw my cash in the post office, but ive used the one last night many many times. i think it is ulster bank. i wouldnt use a those machines that charge you to get ur own money theyre robbery paying to get ur own money

Agree with Oggiman, what you describe sounds very much like a card skimmer over the fascia of the machine and now they usually have a camera above the finger pads to record your pin code. So you should freeze your card asap.

From reading the OP he has the card but did not pick up the cash, which is why I said the money is lost

I will give my mate a ring in crumlin @joeblaze
He is out on bail and experienced in recovering bank cards from ATM machines, will drop it into you on tuesday morning mate.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

theyre crazy arent they, not long ago was talking to a guy when these were going on. he was talking about one that looks like a handy number if he had a certian tool. i had to explain the tool was for masonary needed a different blade. within weeks it all over the news a failed attempt

From reading the OP he has the card but did not pick up the cash, which is why I said the money is lost

i cant contact anyone at the bank to do that till tomorrow ffs. im thinking of going to see if there is a phone number on the machine like someone mentioned i didnt think of that

I think it just gets credited back to your account. (Not sure how quickly?)

at easter i transfered money over to my son. it still hadnt reached by the next evening. when i phoned the bank i was amazed when she told me no one was there to complete it i was shocked that it didnt happen automatically and they typed every transaction like that

If the machine grabbed it back it will get credited back. Not sure how long it takes. On another note are yous on lockdown and if so was it wise going out in the middle of the night to get cash you cant spend...Just saying ......

Back