[Test] Softcam files

Thanks for that cydine, explains it now.

Having a google for more info, I came across posts about a brand new emu called "Mbox" which is supposed to be based on gb*x. It is currently in beta form but is public?

Anyone heard or know anything about it?

Boswell (SS)

and not side scrolling in bouquets is not helping me win them over. It is good to know that Gbox works, maybe try it myself as I only have mgcam that works.

jaffa, are you running an Enigma image on the 500? if so there will be an xml file for the remote that you could easily edit to make the remote buttons work how you want.

Sorry to go off topic but...
...press the < or > keys either side of the 0 key. ;)

Thanks

jaffa, are you running an Enigma image on the 500? if so there will be an xml file for the remote that you could easily edit to make the remote buttons work how you want.

Thanks...and yes its DW 2.0

Sorry AL...my fault this went a bit off topic. But at least I can try your detective work out on a dreambox aswell, now that DF has already done it, its good to have a backup camd and I only got mgcam as evocam doesn't work.

Sorry to go off topic but...

...press the < or > keys either side of the 0 key. ;)

Side-scrolling in Bouquets? I can't even train my missus to bring the current bouquet up! She's firmly embedded in just the Up and Down arrows- Channel hopping and no more... Thank God for Now 'n Next EPG in the Infobar, LOL!

Right- back onto topic. I had a PM from a member who's a tad shy about posting, in case he embarrasses himself. He's tried this g*box stuff on an old squashfs Boxcracker image of Dec 2005 vintage (had to manually add it, plus delete the other stuff)- and it worked! How cool is that?

@Cydine: Many thanks for that heads-up, m8! A mystery still remains, though... If g*box is activated internally for roms 7/10/11 - how come it's totally ignoring the incorrect 10/11 updates? No signs of any intermittent black screens here, no matter what image I test this on.

Cheers- AL

@Cydine: Many thanks for that heads-up, m8! A mystery still remains, though... If g*box is activated internally for roms 7/10/11 - how come it's totally ignoring the incorrect 10/11 updates? No signs of any intermittent black screens here, no matter what image I test this on.

Cheers- AL

Maybe it supports the special function register $07 described by astra over on unlockers?

Try to run it in debug mode and see what it is up to.

Just been having a quick play with Mbox.

Can't get it to AU and can't even get it to show a channel with valid keys.

Might have another try later, had to put dinner on lol.

Maybe it supports the special function register $07 described by astra over on unlockers?

Try to run it in debug mode and see what it is up to.

I wish that were true, m8- but have to report that every single AU is reported in /var/keys/nagra as rom7 update. BTW, these are forced AUs, from deleting the nagra file and rebooting, of course.

Will try restarting it in debug from telnet console and see if it offers up any clues. Cheers- AL

Edit: @Cydine: (or anyone who knows)- I'm familiar with the killall -q gb*x and ps -auwx | grep g*box commands, but what's the Telnet command for manually re-starting the emu in Debug mode, please? :redface

Last edited:
Back