[Test] Softcam files

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
For those of you running G-Box, try this. Never mind the long boring saga of how I stumbled across this, just try it:

First- back up your /var/keys/ folder to pc with FTP (if you haven't already done so).

Next- delete all files in /var/keys/ except gbox_cfg and nagra (That's right, just those 2 files in there, and nowt else)

Now Edit nagra via ftp and empty it to 0 bytes (and check it IS empty).

Reboot, then tune to an encrypted channel and wait a few minutes.

Well??? What do you make of that, then? Cheers- AL :Wave:

You have me intrigued Al, just waited until soccer am was over, NOW...how does a noob like me edit nagra ???

I will wait till you have done it Jaff, i am intrigued myself though lol.

I will wait till you have done it Jaff, i am intrigued myself though lol.

whoops just posted that again

Come on Al is it worthwhile mate.

I can open nagra in an editor but not sure what to save it as, it wants to save it as txt file, would that do and then delete the extension ???

AL...waken up....lol

Oh you pair of big girl's blouses, LOL!!

Jaffa- to edit nagra (which is only a small text file in /var/keys/ folder), just FTP into that folder, right click on nagra and select Edit.

Delete everything in there, so it becomes an empty file, then Save. Check that nagra is now filesize 0 bytes.

Don't be frightened now... Cheers- AL :Devil:

hmmmm....how is that possible to get all channels without all the keys etc etc, will it auto update ???

hi AL
hmm very interesting nagra file is now 224 bts so it updates without keys folder softcamd ect.
cheers johny48

nice find m8 very intresting experement that was. i can confirm for some reason that it dont require the roms .

@PaphosAL hi m8 I posted this a while back on a different forum (cf)
but I dont think anyone believed me

if you delete the nagra file then change to an encrypted channel (a reboot may be needed) it will be created again

@PaphosAL hi m8 I posted this a while back on a different forum (cf)
but I dont think anyone believed me

if you delete the nagra file then change to an encrypted channel (a reboot may be needed) it will be created again

I never spotted that post , Bob- honest guv! I stumbled across this purely by accident this morning, when testing the three roms.

I was gobsmacked when I realised that to run gbox ONLY, you just require those 2 files (gbox_cfg and nagra) in the keys folder, and nothing else!! There's a bit more to gbox than I previously thought...

Cheers- AL

nice find m8 very intresting experement that was. i can confirm for some reason that it dont require the roms .

Not only the roms, NJ- but it doesn't need Autoupdate.Key, nor rsakeylist, nor AutoRoll.Key either!!

How cool is that? Just tested this in SS-Enigma too; Same result! AU's both keys as rom7, with no rom7 files in the keys folder. Spooky...

Cheers- AL :Wave:

i would of belived you bob but sorry couldnt post a reply im on a long holiday ... hahahhahahhahahahahhah

in start_neutrino or your start file does it start camd2 aswell as gbox ?

when .gbox is in var/ect ?

gbox does not decrypt chanels that is camd2 job.

killall -9 camd2

place the script into /tmp chmod 755

cd /tmp/./gbox_setup.sh
it will clean gbox

then turn to a encrypted channel and see if it clears.

sorry to pee on your fire boys ;)

Last edited:
I tried it on my dbox running SS Enigma too, on which i only have gbox in the /var/bin folder, and it works fine, channels cleared in ~20 sec

i would of belived you bob but sorry couldnt post a reply im on a long holiday ... hahahhahahhahahahahhah

in start_neutrino or your start file does it start camd2 aswell as gbox ?

when .gbox is in var/ect ?

gbox does not decrypt chanels that is camd2 job.

killall -9 camd2

place the script into /tmp chmod 755

cd /tmp/./gbox_setup.sh
it will clean gbox

then turn to a encrypted channel and see if it clears.

sorry to pee on your fire boys ;)

Had a look in the start_neutrino & start files & cant find any reference to camd2

Tested this on CF1.3 and SS-Enigma 2.0 today, NJ. There is no camd2 on either system, m8...

Soz- AL :handball:

strange im unable to get gbox to run without camd2 .

no offence i wont let enigma within 2 ft of my box. but your ok i wont make homophobic remarks about it ;)

there has to be a reason for your gbox working without camd2 maybe you need to ask liam what he has altered . and hope he hasnt lost the files off his laptop for the 30th time this month .pmsl

do you fancy sticking njlworld back on Al m8 and maybe you can shed some light on why it dont work without camd2 for me .

Back