Technomate tm 6800 HD system setup...

ghost2011

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, Just need a little help due to me being a total satellite noob !!

Ive won a system on Ebay and ill pick it up tomorrow heres what it is :

Receiver - Technomate TM-6800 HD
Dish - Technomate motorised dish system with a TM-2200 Super DiSEqC H-H motor
My location - Southampton,Uk

Now the help i need is :-

1) Where the hell do i put the dish ? (south facing wall ?)
2) What satellite am i initially setting it at (remember its motorised dish and i dont have an electronic finder)
3) Is this 6800 box any good ? and is £36 for the receiver box and motorised dish a good price ?

Thanks for reading and many thanks for any replies :)
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Last edited:
First question mate, is it DEFFO a TM6800HD Non Super as you imply, or maybe a Super Combo please?:Biggrin2:

either way a hi-def motorised system for £36 quid is a bargain m8... if it has a lan port it has better options on recieving pay tv but if not there is still a wealth of fta and emu/softcam/biss channels available to you with your system. setting up your dish find a south facing wall if possible and sight the dish high enough so there are no obstructions(trees/buildings) making sure the mount is 100% plumb. now set the motor to zero on the scale,and the lat on the side to your local lat then set the dish elevation to about 30 degrees. when you have mounted the dish/motor,run the cable and plugged in the box set the motor to usals in the menu and enter your local lat/long details in the menus and then select intelsat 10-02/thor 5/6 and press ok tosend the dish to 1 west. when the dish has stopped choose a transponders in the tp scan menu(11.862h or 11.229.h) so the screen shows the ss and sq bars at the bottom of the screen. now go up the ladder and move the entire thing left and right in small steps untill you get a reading on the signal quality bar(yellow and blue when theres a signal) and then make very small ajustments left/right and up/down on the dish bracket to peak the signal(11.229.h24500) is good for this as no other bird uses 24500sr so you cant pick up another bird by mistake) its just a case of a great deal of patience and fine tuning then once you have found thor and trying 42e and 30w or whatever your arc permits to make sure its tracking correctly. regards mdt

Last edited:
First question mate, is it DEFFO a TM6800HD Non Super as you imply, or maybe a Super Combo please?:Biggrin2:

From the pic it looks exactly my 6900 Super Combo (except mine's black, hooray, not silver), but I don't know if the non-Supers 6800/6900 were in the same box? Also, never put mine on the block paving.

Last edited:
Many thanks on your replies guys :)

The pics are of the ebay seller (i agree i wouldnt put it on block paving !! dunno what he was thinking) Im picking the system up tomorrow but this is the sellers description on ebay :-

Technomate TM-6800 HD Combo plus a Technomate motorised dish system with a TM-2200 Super DiSEqC H-H motor.

So from that i suppose its a COMBO

Many thanks on the info MDT im lucky enough to have my back wall facing perfect south with nothing in the way "trees.houses etc." ive got to get a wall T/K bracket for the dish and while im at it think it be best for me to go get an electronic sat finder.

Ill find out when i collect it if its got a LAN port on it.

Oh and btw (really unsure if im allowed to post links here ? if so mod delete it) found this that caught my eye gives good info on dish point location just type in your postcode,choose a sat and shows you the location on the map :)

UKSatelliteHelp.co.uk - Satellite Dish Alignment / Setup Calculator 2.0

Many thanks again folks ill keep you posted

Last edited:
Ok ive collected the system and the guy was very friendly and helpful, I thought it was a nice touch the guy even gave me 2 sat finders (one electronic with headphones and a standard needle finder *Sweet*)

Looked at the back and no LAN port :( . Got all the manuals and a nice looking install guide,just wondering if its wise to put the dish on my chimney ? i have a direct south facing wall but didnt realise the dish was as big as it is so what with it being motorized it might get in the way of windows.

Thanks dazman for the guide ill have a read a little later on.

Now all i have to do is get the wall bracket (the following link is the one the guy used with this system) :-

http://www.satellitetvshop.co.uk/image/cache/data/Wall Bracket 90deg-500x500.jpg

Though i seriously thought with a big dish like this that i would need something like this :-

http://www.skywise.tv/installations/images/galleries/80cm on T& K bracket25.JPG

Anyways im happy i managed to get the receiver,motorized dish and 2 sat finders for £36 (though only had £40 and the guy didnt have £4 so gave me £5 so total cost for me £35 :D)

Oh and forgot that he also gave me about 25 meters of coax with 6 end connectors.

Cant wait till i get the bracket and start installing it :D

Deffo go for the T & K brackets (latter one), As you need be 100% plumb which isn't always the case with just an L shaped.

Regards

Yea think ill go with that as id be worried that with a big dish combined with winds that it would come loose or atleast "blow" out of allignment. cheers daz

oh and think ill stick with a wall fixing instead of the chimney....

Yea think ill go with that as id be worried that with a big dish combined with winds that it would come loose or atleast "blow" out of allignment. cheers daz

oh and think ill stick with a wall fixing instead of the chimney....

Yes. Please, please go with the wall, not the chimney (or the ex-chimney as it would soon be)

Back