Technical topic solo2 clone (please only technical talk)

what merit would a image team have to provide mandatory, automatic image updates ?. It would cause way more problems than it could ever hope to resolve. I cant speak for other images but i can say with 100 percent certainty that ViX will never force a user to update their image with any form of automatic update, the decision whether or not to accept a update will always lie with the end user.

Hi Pheonix

The way your talking sounds like you either have alot of authority or develop the vix image yourself, or possibly with a few others.

Can I ask, why is there no fast forward option on the ondemand plugin/extension? ive got a genuine box btw. and for people on vti etc. fast forward works fine, but on vix lets say I watch half the programme, I have to watch the half again before I can "catchup" from where I left off.

I know you might say ondemand is not yours, and the developer needs to fix it, in which case I say, why does it only happen on vix, the image I like most?

what merit would a image team have to provide mandatory, automatic image updates ?. It would cause way more problems than it could ever hope to resolve. I cant speak for other images but i can say with 100 percent certainty that ViX will never force a user to update their image with any form of automatic update, the decision whether or not to accept a update will always lie with the end user.

How many times do we need to keep saying this...

How do we know this may not be implemented in the future? is it impossible? - just asking out of curiosity.

Jesus you really are paranoid aren't you. Unless you are part of the team that implements parts of the future then you won't know so why worry about something that might happen? If talking about the sat box then surely to implement something that comes out in the future you'll have to actively do something to install and or enable this? So providing you don't do this then you won't be affected.

Hi Pheonix

The way your talking sounds like you either have alot of authority or develop the vix image yourself, or possibly with a few others.

Can I ask, why is there no fast forward option on the ondemand plugin/extension? ive got a genuine box btw. and for people on vti etc. fast forward works fine, but on vix lets say I watch half the programme, I have to watch the half again before I can "catchup" from where I left off.

I know you might say ondemand is not yours, and the developer needs to fix it, in which case I say, why does it only happen on vix, the image I like most?

You've been asking a lot of questions related to a clone solo2 such as protecting it, does HBBTV work with 12/12/2013 drivers and if the v3 update can be applied, seems pretty strange if you have an original box?

Jesus you really are paranoid aren't you. Unless you are part of the team that implements parts of the future then you won't know so why worry about something that might happen? If talking about the sat box then surely to implement something that comes out in the future you'll have to actively do something to install and or enable this? So providing you don't do this then you won't be affected.

You've been asking a lot of questions related to a clone solo2 such as protecting it, does HBBTV work with 12/12/2013 drivers and if the v3 update can be applied, seems pretty strange if you have an original box?

Firstly NOT paranoid - as mentioned, asking out of curiosity, I wanted to know could Vu implement a way for drivers to update or would it be a decision in the hands of image makers, thats all I wanted to know. Thanks to Pheonix, the question has been answered, so no need for you to raise it again.

As for asking a lot of questions, I have both a clone and genuine for personal use. This is an open forum, if you want to help, you help, if you dont, then dont. What people dont need is to be quoted

Firstly i realy should ask u to be a little be more polite,and especialy to @IAmATeaf who is "mr calm and and always helpfull",he only noticed the things i also have noticed,please just read ure posted text again and u will se that u ask the same questions over and over again,while all the answers given were realy clear...

And ure right,this is a forum and we are here to help eachother,but be more polite and especially to those are earned there years here and mutch more have experience then you and me together!

This topic is the MOST readed topic in the whole history of satelite tv,please lets keep that way;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pheonix

No i am not a developer, but i am a member of the ViX image team

Just a guess but i would say it's probably because VTI are using a very old image core (almost 4 years old, same as BH as both are based on the Vu+ OI)

No i wont say that as OnDemand is a ViX OE-Alliance creation, but the developer who maintains it has a day job too and as such cant be on beck and call for every one under the sun when their free plugin does not work properly.

How many times do we need to keep saying this...

As many times as it takes to sink in to certain peoples heads, who just like to spread any old rubbish. you know who i mean.

No i am not a developer, but i am a member of the ViX image team

Just a guess but i would say it's probably because VTI are using a very old image core (almost 4 years old, same as BH as both are based on the Vu+ OI)

No i wont say that as OnDemand is a ViX OE-Alliance creation, but the developer who maintains it has a day job too and as such cant be on beck and call for every one under the sun when their free plugin does not work properly.

Wasnt expecting a fix straight away, just saying it been going on for 2 months and wanted a reason. You can get it fixed, or dont get it fixed no bother, just asking...

Firstly NOT paranoid - as mentioned, asking out of curiosity, I wanted to know could Vu implement a way for drivers to update or would it be a decision in the hands of image makers, thats all I wanted to know. Thanks to Pheonix, the question has been answered, so no need for you to raise it again.

As for asking a lot of questions, I have both a clone and genuine for personal use. This is an open forum, if you want to help, you help, if you dont, then dont. What people dont need is to be quoted

Well that's put me in place, hasn't it? As requested after this I won't be answering or replying to your posts from now on.

If Vu wanted to implement something that automatically kills clones whatever it is would have to make it onto the box in the first place and the only person that can knowingly or unknowingly put it there is the person using the box. I suppose once it's there it could copy itself and sit there like a virus springing it's head up to kill the box but you'd still need to get it onto the box in the first place. Most of the peoples boxes killed, including mine were people who either updated the drivers (guilty) or were using the latest image, this is how the tomb bomb got onto the box in the first place, we all unknowingly installed it via the drivers in the box.

In terms of the clone quote, I only mentioned it as to me it looked like you were justifying the question to PHEONIX by dropping in the yes I have an original when you've been asking all along about the clone, just an observation, I don't personally care.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "What people dont need is to be quoted" I only quoted what you posted and as it's an open public forum I've as much right to quote peoples posts as the next person.

Well that's put me in place, hasn't it? As requested after this I won't be answering or replying to your posts from now on.

If Vu wanted to implement something that automatically kills clones whatever it is would have to make it onto the box in the first place and the only person that can knowingly or unknowingly put it there is the person using the box. I suppose once it's there it could copy itself and sit there like a virus springing it's head up to kill the box but you'd still need to get it onto the box in the first place. Most of the peoples boxes killed, including mine were people who either updated the drivers (guilty) or were using the latest image, this is how the tomb bomb got onto the box in the first place, we all unknowingly installed it via the drivers in the box.

In terms of the clone quote, I only mentioned it as to me it looked like you were justifying the question to PHEONIX by dropping in the yes I have an original when you've been asking all along about the clone, just an observation, I don't personally care.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "What people dont need is to be quoted" I only quoted what you posted and as it's an open public forum I've as much right to quote peoples posts as the next person.

Firstly, I appreciate your help, in previous threads you have answered my question. But to quote me and call me paranoid, when I did say im asking out of curiosity, I didnt care, I just asked because I was curious what it could be.

Anyway, done and dusted, im moving on and leaving this in the past. You can do the same or stay in the past.

The time bomb clone attack was inevitable, of course the manufacturer of a product is fully entitled to take action against illegal copies of their products.
The solo2 clones themselves were designed with a lack of forward thought, there is no failsafe to recover the bootloader if it is erased. I mentioned the fact several months ago that these clones don't have any recognised team behind them, how do we know what long term support will be like. The clone bomb is the proof in the pudding.
Now you see the sunray/sim2 clone solo2 coming to market with a mini USB service port I assume this interface with the appropriate software allows the bootloader to be restored in the event of disaster.
The original vu products by the way are poorly designed as well they require proprietry broadcom BBS tools/JTAG to restore corrupt bootloader. So if you own a genuine box and your out of warranty you have to use unofficially obtained BBS tools software to fix a corrupt bootloader...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi!
After long waiting for my flash chip, i finaly got it and then ****ed up :-(
3 lanes got loose and is now gone when i soldered the chip back.
Strange thing is that the box is booting fine anyway. But i realy want to connect the 3 remaning pins anyway.
I add photos on my dissaster and hope someone can tell where to jumper the pins.

2014-06-05_152414_608.jpg2014-06-05_152529_389.jpg

Thanks
Sent from my computer using keyboard

I don't think those kegs are actually connected so there's no need to try and connect the legs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not used
no need to connect
be happy enjoy using the box
And be happy u were lucky :)

I got my motherboard back from china today. It works fine. But I was wondering about this different looking chip, if anyone knows what it does? And does it mean that this is an older version or newer?
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Theres nothing differents about it...you only miiss a little piece of about 5x5cm...but i dont think thats verry important piece..i have 2 same motherboards

Theres nothing differents about it...you only miiss a little piece of about 5x5cm...but i dont think thats verry important piece..i have 2 same motherboards

Are you talking about the wifi doughterboard that some have beside the X chip? I was meaning the chip beside the cardreader is different, it is much smaller.

Back