Technical topic solo2 clone (please only technical talk)

BBS - this is not jtag. BBS works with nand flash correctly.

Sorry, I believed JTAG was carried out via the BBS software. Is this not so? Could you please explain the differences?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

BBS - a special interface Broadcom. When programming the flash works processor and special software.
JTAG - a simpler interface. Typically, for the functioning of the processor may not work.

Can uboot not be installed to the flash which can then be made read-only and they system boot from the hard drive then USB as a backup.

I'm hoping someone can help me.
My engineer has accidentally lost a small capacitor while replacing the NAND chip.
It is C502 as shown in the attached photo.
Can anyone tell me the value of this part so that I can find a suitable replacement?
Thanks.IMG_20140920_162745.jpg

I'm hoping someone can help me.My engineer has accidentally lost a small capacitor while replacing the NAND chip.It is C502 as shown in the attached photo.Can anyone tell me the value of this part so that I can find a suitable replacement?Thanks.View attachment 84255
probably 100nf/5v capacitor, don't worry it's not so important, the receiver work without.Any circuit board it's full with this kind of capacitor just pick up one and replace, if you really want to replace.

probably 100nf/5v capacitor, don't worry it's not so important, the receiver work without.Any circuit board it's full with this kind of capacitor just pick up one and replace, if you really want to replace.
So, to be clear, if I don't replace this, would I need to link the two pads instead?

Do not need it. It is connected to the supply voltage.
I use Google translator, so you do not understand.
The receiver has started?

OK, finally got my board back from my friend who did an excellent job of changing the flash chip.
I haven't connected it up to my TV yet, but powering up the board now shows "Starting..." and then it seems to load an image, which I guess must've been pre-blown by the Chinese supplier.
I connected it to BBS and dumped the full flash, which might be of use to some of you guys out there!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4drt54z2ezadx6/Solo2_original.rar?dl=0

Compared your dump and vusolo2-flash by jtag.bin:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
No significant difference.Then why not worked your solo2 with vusolo2-flash by jtag.bin?
Where is the problem?

No significant difference.Then why not worked your solo2 with vusolo2-flash by jtag.bin?
Where is the problem?
That my friend, is the sixty four thousand dollar question!

Incidentally, the chip that came as a replacement from China had Blackhole 2.0.9 preloaded, so that dump I posted up previously has that image on it.

Last edited:
By the way, I still have my original flash chip that I would love to see if I can repair, now that it's been removed from the board.
Having very little experience in the use of EPROM programmers (I don't own one), would anyone like to try and revive it?
Please PM me and I'll post it out to you.

I've never seen anyone actually state that they've replaced the chip and resurrected a bricked box.

The tutorials over the net are a mess and never include the needed files. I've posted in the classifieds - hopefully someone will sort me out.

Ash, I replaced my chip with one sent to me by the seller in China and my box is now working 100%. I did not use the BBS recovery software as the chip arrived preprogrammed with the bootloader and a Blackhole 2.0.9 image.
I am currently waiting on the delivery of some blank chips for another box I have in for repair, which will need flashing via BBS, so I will post my findings on here.

I've never seen anyone actually state that they've replaced the chip and resurrected a bricked box.

The tutorials over the net are a mess and never include the needed files. I've posted in the classifieds - hopefully someone will sort me out.

I have replaced my chip on my clone and it then flashed with a clone safe image using a usb as normal and it worked perfectly this was supplied by the chinese seller ans I am sure quite a few people on here have also repaired theirs so you have not read enough

Back