sv7 problems

Never say never..

It is considered more likely that the average joe will be unable to extract the CAM_N RSA encrypted key from the flash due to h/w extraction issues though..

Even if someone did post a VBasic tool, 99% of people would be fcuked getting the flash off/dumped and replaced..

If people investigated the JTAG route with older boxes, they might at least get somewhere. This takes more time, but all good things :)

The only reason the (non JTAG) scientific atlanta stb was used on my c/s was simply because it's now the only thing my m8 could get installed from VM, but at least it allows HD channels to be shared..

I pretty much gave up on 'the scene' after working on the OPOS PPV code.
We took the original opos code and tweaked it to work with UK PPV (and then NagraEdit) with help from a few around 'the scene'. Great learning/knowledge sharing experience which was never repeated sadly due to NTLs (or Kudelskis) lack of decent N1 counter measures.

After reading stories of numerous people using cards to make tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds, you can understand why the people that code these things would rather stay silent for now, but you can't rule out that someone will get hold of something and spread it like a fashionable STD...

I only bothered after some commented cable c/s was impossible (due to there being no idiot guides) and friends (reading that) started to make comments that it was beyond me (I love a challenge) and they were right (for about 3 weeks) but I'm not planning on becoming the next 'NoviceAngel'..

Even now their are things I'm working on, but I devote far less time to it these days as it's just a hobby..

I have an idea CG, you knock up a TUT, send it to me and i'll up it to some space and if it comes on top, i'll take the rap, 6 months in a DCAT. ;) lol

Hello CG, do you think the RSA extraction etc method will be made public?

The thing is, the method is already effectively public. I doubt the information already out there could be made very much less technical in this particular case.

Sure, somebody could publish a program (as it happens there are already programs around - VM aren't the only provider to use N3) but as CG mentions, 99% of people would be stumped at the first hurdle anyway - getting the chip off so it can be read. Most of the newer boxes these days have flash chips with bga (ball grid array) packages which are next to impossible to remove/replace without damage (removing them is actually easy but reballing and replacing is rather difficult).

You could possibly do some of the older boxes relatively easily if you really wanted using the techniqes already public. At least one common box type has Jtag and others have chips which are relatively easy to remove/read/replace.

There's also cards which have DT08's. If you can find the requisite keysets and algorithms then you can easily decrypt these DT08's to give the elusive pairing rsa. Again programs already exist to handle this, they are just missing the appropriate VM keyset.

Last edited:
no wonder these are selling for under 50 pound on ebay lol looks like peeps are getting them on ebay to try and get back some money on these shame if they have gone down for real! wonder how long the kryptviews going to last?

thats the question in my head to be honest, but cant see virmin stopping now

Dont think VM ever actually started so not sure how they would be able to stop !

As said often, the only reason SV are in this position is because of their own ineptness in managing things. The management have obviously wanted to stay well away from the dodgy stuff and have just cut loose some very shady characters with the necessary equipment. Not suprisingly, these shady characters also seem to be into 'other' dodgy stuff which seems to of led into this predicament!

The management have obviously wanted to stay well away from the dodgy stuff and have just cut loose some very shady characters with the necessary equipment. Not suprisingly, these shady characters also seem to be into 'other' dodgy stuff which seems to of led into this predicament!

2 kilos of cocaine, 20 of Amphetamines, 200 cannabis plants and 40,000 Starviews. lol

They don't seem to belong in the same scentence. :)

apparently its the chinese server that updates and it is the new year and have a 3 week holiday doe no how tru this is can anyone confirm

Back