SuperHub

liambalfour

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi despite all the reports on here and everywhere else i upgraded my broadband to 60Mb, the guy fitted it on Saturday, since then i have to unplug it a few times per day. i have looked for the best setting, the guy put it on channel 11.

Through reading i have unticked ip flooding and firewall which greyed out everything on that. i have changed channel to auto. an hour in so good so far.

Any tips or suggestions.

I also have a 54Mbs wireless router if i put it into modem mode and connect through the belkin will i effectively lose 6Mbs?

It shouldn't have to be unplugging at all really. You could try installing this app inSSIDer It will show you the channels in use in your area. Then try changing your channel to either one not in use or a less common one. Also check if your router is on the latest firmware (R36).

These are my settings. These are enabled:

Firewall
IP Flood Detection
IPSec Pass-Through
PPTP Pass-Through
Multicast Pass-Through

Everything else is disabled.

ok i have inSSider, as said before i have it on auto was on 11 yesterday and it kept crashing, just had to reset again, i have mirrored your set up

mine on 1
smart-xj2 1
sky 6
netgear 7
sky 11
bt home hub 7

what should i pick

I have mine manually set to 9 + 13. Try setting yours manually and then going though different combinations to see if one is better than the other. I also have 2.4GHz (best for wireless compatibility & range) enabled as well.

Iv just got 1 of these recently too and im also on 60mb now. I give it a go in modem/router mode for about 2 days and the wireless performance and stability was absolutely shite. I went out and bought a new router tp link, chucked it in modem mode only and its not needed a restart since, running r36. As a modem it works well, as a wireless router what a pile of pony it is from my experience. Certainly worth shelling out the 50 quid for a dedicated router connected to the hub, imho!

sent from my jelly bean S3 using tapatalk 2

Iv just got 1 of these recently too and im also on 60mb now. I give it a go in modem/router mode for about 2 days and the wireless performance and stability was absolutely shite. I went out and bought a new router tp link, chucked it in modem mode only and its not needed a restart since, running r36. As a modem it works well, as a wireless router what a pile of pony it is from my experience. Certainly worth shelling out the 50 quid for a dedicated router connected to the hub, imho!

sent from my jelly bean S3 using tapatalk 2

yes befor the firmware update i had mine set up nicey even the wifi downstairs worked but after the update pile of shit would be a understatement wifi works when it wants downstairs so they have the homeplugs on now the worse thing is about every 3 day i have to reboot the modam as the webpage gets timed out and the only way to get it working is a reboot i have tryed it in modam only but i cant get my router to work with it

buy a Rangemax 3500l,(£10-30 on fleaby) turn to modem mode, and be done with it.

problems with this unit is, it's not fixable by firmware. though it seems to have improved it, just.
there are a couple of other EURO ISP's with just the same problems, on hubs based on the same chip-sets/units.

oh, tony49. did you use the first lan plug for your install?

ok came home today, no wifi on laptop or iphone but blackberry playbook connected not probs. i have a netgear that i could use for wifi but out of principle i want this to work or ill phone and cancel

ok came home today, no wifi on laptop or iphone but blackberry playbook connected not probs. i have a netgear that i could use for wifi but out of principle i want this to work or ill phone and cancel
you would only be spiting yourself if you done that mate as virgin is by far the best isp, i was pissed off when i found out i had to use this superdud if i wanted to upgrade to 60mb, try it plugged in with your router you have and it should work fine,let us know the outcome!

buy a Rangemax 3500l,(£10-30 on fleaby) turn to modem mode, and be done with it.

problems with this unit is, it's not fixable by firmware. though it seems to have improved it, just.
there are a couple of other EURO ISP's with just the same problems, on hubs based on the same chip-sets/units.

oh, tony49. did you use the first lan plug for your install?

first time no i didnt put it in the right slot so i tryed again with it in the right one what was odd is the internet light was on on the router but pc would not work with it i might try again when they get back from there holiday

Very strange mine updated to r36 last week and i had to reboot it then, since then its been fine, mine is setup as there instrutions everything turned off, it set to 300 Mbps and on channel 7 to 9 i think will check.

Last edited:
Very strange mine updated to r36 last week and i had to reboot it then, since then its been fine, mine is setup as there instrutions everything turned off, it set to 300 Mbps and on channel 7 to 9 i think will check.

that's the thing, they are so inconsistent.
on 300 Mbps, i get no more than 1.5mbit. but 144 Mbps gives 47mbit, or more!

since the new firmware, AUTO (6) gives the fastest speed. 11-13 manually set, gave the best before.

I don't often have to reboot it. but it resets itself t irregular intervals(pain in the arse, if you are online gaming.)

well did a factory reset last night, laptop connected today without a reset, iphone didnt though.

Got mine tonight and so far not had to reset... only managing 30odd meg though anyone actually clearing nearly 60??

Got mine tonight and so far not had to reset... only managing 30odd meg though anyone actually clearing nearly 60??
you wired into it or wireless as wireless is always abit less, but wired i get around 63meg everytime, if you are wireless try changing the channels to a channel not used by your neighbours!

well did a factory reset last night, laptop connected today without a reset, iphone didnt though.

I had problems with my sh and our mobile phones connecting so i phoned the help/activation line and they connected to my laptop and set the sh up for me so the mobile phones would connect and I haven't had any trouble since

edogg

its running fine now no resets but my speed has dropped to 20-23Mb wired i get my full 60Mb. i will try changing to 300Mbs to see how i go

am on wireless big hol, will change channels and see if it speeds up any..

am on wireless big hol, will change channels and see if it speeds up any..

changed channels and seem to get 40mb now so cant really complain lol!!
anyone having a poor range on their iPhone?? even in the same room it's not a full signal and when i leave the room it drops off almost immediately

if all your wireless stuff is N compatable change router to 300mbps you will get full speed, default is 150 for older b/g stuff :) it worked for me untill wife moaned he mobile wouldn't connect :(

Back