Sunray DM800SE Clone First Impressions

Been updated in openpli and rossi2000 is including it in the next release of dreamboxuk image, says hes enabled menus but not tested yet!

Thats a result then, DTS Downmix doesnt work on original DM800SE unit's either apparently Dream havent officially released a fix also heard Dream dont have a license for DTS audo so it's unsupported !
I know that the DTS audio issue is apparently sorted in some Nemesis images using a dreamdts plugin and soe other libraries, didnt think it had been resolved in PLI yet.
It will work fine if you use the optical out and feed the sound through a hifi system etc. It will be very good indeed if Rossi fixes it in the next DreamboxUK image. Fingers crossed.

gsmtech,
Could you please PM me the supplier details....after giving up hope on the TM800HD, I am tempted to get one of these as my second box !!

Hi All

Trying to help gsmech out here :)

Im running Newenigma2 image and tried this file

filename.2002.BluRay.720p.x264.DTS-WiKi.mkv

This plays perfecly WITHOUT sound, i have tried the spdif connection from Dream to TV as well, still no sound. The tv shows as DTS track so it looks like as gsmtech said we need a codec adding.
But the film plays without freezes jumps etc, so just sound to sort :)

warlord

gsmtech would you be kind enough to pm the details of
your contact as i want to order dm 800se clone
cheers
dave

picked up my clone 800hd se today.package marked as a sample so not heard anything about customs tax!
it is dreambox branded box and remote bought from same place as gsmtech i think.
fired it up and scanned 28e using the allrussian supplied image and was able to watch bbc hd so all looks good with the tuner.
next step a better image and on from there :)

picked up my clone 800hd se today.package marked as a sample so not heard anything about customs tax!
it is dreambox branded box and remote bought from same place as gsmtech i think.
fired it up and scanned 28e using the allrussian supplied image and was able to watch bbc hd so all looks good with the tuner.
next step a better image and on from there :)
would someone please pm details of their supplier please. thanks

Sunray DM800SE Clone do not buy drom china

Please dont buy from this supplier from china
I bought sunray dm 800se with 2.1 sim and it arrived faulty in box. No power...power supply working ok but box does not work and does not power on......please don't wast your time and money

Shenzhen YaoXin Electronics CO.,LTD

Tel: +86 -755-82583905
+86 -755-83187331
Fax: +86 -755-83187331

Contact Person: Tina Mobile:+86-13590115146
Tony Mobile:+86-13510933966
Peter Mobile:+86-15989702433

MSN:[email protected]
MSN:p[email protected]
Email:[email protected]
Email:p[email protected]

ShenZhen office
Add: Room 17K-L,Block B,windows of modem Building ,HuaQiang Road ,FuTian District, ShenZhen City,China

Post code: 518031
Hong Kong branch office
Add: Unit A, 12/F Empire Land Commercial Center 81-85 Lockhart Road,Wanchai,Hong Kong.
Tel:852-25169280
Fax:852-28151363

Factory Address
New Sun Industrial,Buliding No.8,Lin Village,ZhangMuTou Town,Dongguan China
Tel:86-769-87901062 87901092 87932322 87932329
Fax:86-769-87901071

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sunray DM800SE Clone do not buy drom china

have you switched it on from the rear ?

As Rat says there is a tiny on/off switch at the back?

have you switched it on from the rear ?

Hi Rat thanks for reply
it's swich is on from back,
definatly its dead

If your certain its dead then get in touch with them and I'm sure they will arrange a replacement m8

OK mate thought id ask as you wouldent be the only one to do it

the tiny switch in the middle :)
try another lead mate ?

I know many have bought from there and not had any problems tbh

If your certain its dead then get in touch with them and I'm sure they will arrange a replacement m8
I sent massage 30min ago,but guy called peter wwas offline on skype. they might be close so will phon them tomorrow.

@rat. power supply green light working ok(green) but box does not power up. Possibly my luck is not with me....:Mad2:

Last edited:

I sent massage 30min ago,but guy called peter wwas offline on skype. they might be close so will phon them tomorrow.

There usually very good about these things,well at least that seems to be the general opinion,still a pain though eh m8

one thing i notice is box is bit warm as i left power cable in for 10 min, but nothing on tiny screen or on tv.

Are there any lights (red & green) showing through the grill on top of the box?

No, There are no lights showing though the grill

I would email Tony directly, he's normally good. Also if you can get hold of a different known working power supply it's worth checking maybe the power supply is faulty the green light doesnt necceasily mean all is OK.

Back