Sunray DM800SE Clone First Impressions

i can say my box was fine.
if anything my power supply is a bit iffy.i try not to leave it on if i'm not watching tv(which hasn't been much)
maybe your unlucky or as others say switch it on!.lol
anyway no complaints from here 500gb HD and dreamboxuk image working fine :D

I have bought from them a couple of times, and not had any problem.

If you find them online, then they also do reply too live chat.
try them first thing in the morning 6-7 am uk time is when i have spoken to them.

warlord

Today morning I contacted them by skype and guy called peter told me that he checked everthing before post. He ask me to sent it back for replacement.
Posted today back, hopefully get back it soon.....:FRIGHT:

Be careful with sending back to China it is illegal to export satellite recievers into China apparently. If they check your package they can seize the item. This is why many sellers ask you to remove the mainboard and send that back by itself. Or mark the item contents as something else "audio player", "media player" etc..

Be careful with sending back to China it is illegal to export satellite recievers into China apparently. If they check your package they can seize the item. This is why many sellers ask you to remove the mainboard and send that back by itself. Or mark the item contents as something else "audio player", "media player" etc..
ya i did as you say. I mark cotain as "pc video spiter"

I had the same problem but found it was switched off at the back of the unit itself.
I noticed as I was packing it away and swearing very loudly.

It's worth checking the switch if you havn't already.

oops to late you have already posted it back.

I had the same problem but found it was switched off at the back of the unit itself.
I noticed as I was packing it away and swearing very loudly.

It's worth checking the switch if you havn't already.

oops to late you have already posted it back.

Lol, I was bit upset when wasn't working but after while I was relaxed thinking about this game, win or loose.
Probebly I turned on/off swich 100 times.

Ok Divx playback directly from USB is working fine, I have just tested it by transferring a 717 meg divx movie to USB and playing it back with the built in media player in the Dreambox UK v1.1 image (OpenPLI). I dont have a MKV file to test at the minute I will download one and test that as well.

Can we alter the aspect ratio etc of the video?

With kind help of gsmtech bought and shipped clone from China. Must say not much difference from the original (and I have one). Probably looks a little bit cheaper but picture quality and ease of use is the same. Providing it cost me £160 which is almost three times less - worth every penny! Thank you gsmtech!

Re: Sunray DM800SE Clone do not buy drom china

OK mate thought id ask as you wouldent be the only one to do it

the tiny switch in the middle :)
try another lead mate ?

I know many have bought from there and not had any problems tbh

Ditto, have bought 3 boxes from tony and never had a problem in past so i'd back these guys up as well, however just had 2 dm800se's delivered and none of them would switch on, turned out it was the mains lead (the one from power supply to wall socket) that was faulty so replaced the leads and both fired up ;) couple of quid did the trick.

A question to the OP or whoever can help :

dm800se plays all formats fine but im having hard time fast forwarding, it seems to do it but when i press play it resumes from the position i started fast forwarding it, any ideas anyone ?

Using latest Newnigma, have tried enhanced media player and one other but same problem :(

any help appreciated

Regards

Last edited:
Specifically looks like an issue with DTS audio/downmix.

i know its sort of off topic but i have a western digital hd media player,
i've had it for ages and since i've had it, it doesnt play dts audio, but plays mkv files.
im mentioning this because there is a solution, which could possibly help you!
i think it should work with your mkv files because its just a matter of changing the dts audio to ac3 audio.
anyways i downloaded a sample of a 720p dts x264 movie,
so that i could try and convert it to ac3,
and it was a success lol :)

so this is what i did,
i opened the mkv file in a program called mkv merge,
unticked everything apart from the dts audio,
saved it to a specific location,
the dts audio of the sample was then saved to where i wanted it to be,
i then converted it to ac3 through megui
heres the guide i followed
Convert DTS to AC3 - AfterDawn: Guides

once it was converted i used mkvmerge again,
to make a copy of the video without the sound,
so i basically left everything ticked apart from the dts audio,

once i got a copy of the video without the sound i simply merged it to the ac3 audio file with mkvmerge!

i know it probably sounds long but trust me it took me to a couple of mins! :thumbsup:

i put a copy of the original sample and the ac3 sample i converted on my usb drive,
when i tried it on the media player the original dts audio sample didnt have sound but a picture,
and the copy i made had the picture and the sound!

hope this helps! :)

Hello friends,
i've ordered last 10th October 5 pcs of sunray 800 se from China.
I'm from Italy, and the shipment was made of 2 shipment.The first from CHina to UK.The second from UK to Italy(With parcelforce).
I've checked my tracking number on parcelforce site, but the status is the same from 11th October.
"STATUS: ADVISED"
I've written to China shipment company and they told to me that the parcel is in uk customs waiting for an inspection.
I'm afraid of not receive my parcel...anymore :(
It's normal that the custom checks takes more than 12 days?Will i receive my parcel by your opinion?

What you advice me to do?

Let me know please.
Thanks a lot friends.

Last edited:
Get in touch with parcel force and customs and find out what is happening,the worst thing that could happen is for them to ask for duty to be paid on items and from what i have been told its only around £8 per item.Once this is cleared up you will have your items,but dont wait to long to sort it out!!!!!!!!

CAn you ensure me that my items won't be seized or other bad things?
Can you tell me how to contact Uk customs?I've contacted today parcelforce and they said to me that they haven't collected my parcel yet.
But the tracking number is working with the status "advised" ....and "WDM ONLINE"...

Please let me know!!!
Thanks friends

Anyway, what appens when UKcustoms hold a parcel?
Do they send me a letter in which is written how to pay custom taxes?
How many days does it take to arrive to you (in UK) this letter?
How long does it take to arrive to Italy?
Which is the best thing I can do now?(wait?/Call the Ukcustoms?)
I'm very worried about my parcel...

Let me know please.

Thanks a lot friends

I know dhl ask you to pay before they deliver the item, but fedex send out an invoice after.

Is there a reason it goes via UK instead of straight to Italy as they may be looking at this and there will always be a chance they are seized as it depends how they have been sent. The one I received was dreambox branded and I am sure some of these get picked up due to copyright infringements.

Sometimes they are just rubbish at updating their status but keep on at them.

But my shipment will be made by parcelforce(not dhl , fedex or other).
Anyone know if parcelforce or ukcustoms send at my home a letter in which is explained how to do to pay custom charges before receiveing my parcel?

Let me know friends.
Thanks a lot

Re: Sunray DM800SE Clone do not buy drom china

I'v got one sun800se with extra usb in front. 218$ - 3 days by DHL to Lithuania.:banana:

Last edited:
gsmtech,
Could you please PM me the supplier details?

Thanks man

Back