static ip no internet connection

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
trying to do a tm 500 for the first time and am trying to up date the image,i have on the set up page an ip 192.168.xx.xx and i can put that into a browser and everything comes up and i can use the tools to move ,what am trying to do is put on a new image,with ftp it comes up sayin telnet not connected (so you cant see any files)and i cant put it into /temp folder
when i try to download from the server i get error 404 or 402 which is your not connected to the internet and at the bottom of the page it says static ip no internet connection ????

download the image to your pc, then use miniweb to flash it, simple as chips that way...

the problem with the internet connection is probably the nameserver section, there are posts here somewhere telling what dns address to put in, works for most who try it..

I've just a tm600 for the first time yesterday and yes the mini web is the way to go!

you need to set the box to dhcp and the router to dhcp, the pc you are using as well, turn the box off, turn it on again and hold the power button until the front panel shows some numbers, these numbers are the ip, if it shows 71 for example then the box ip will be something like this 192.168.1.71, type this into your browser and you will get the miniweb interface and you can load the new image.

Hope this helps!

I've just a tm600 for the first time yesterday and yes the mini web is the way to go!

you need to set the box to dhcp and the router to dhcp, the pc you are using as well, turn the box off, turn it on again and hold the power button until the front panel shows some numbers, these numbers are the ip, if it shows 71 for example then the box ip will be something like this 192.168.1.71, type this into your browser and you will get the miniweb interface and you can load the new image.

Hope this helps!

as i said i can do all this ive got webinterface and every thing i cant change image as TMCC doesnt let me look at picture ,i know the ip address is ok ,i ment to say ive been doing dream boxs and starviews and a few other things and know how to ftp :lol:well i thot i did

your trying to use the wrong password it looks like.

try using "TM Linux Loader" with a blank password, default password is blank on UR and i think Retail

or change the password of your box using telnet

p.s
use "alt+prtscr" to get screengrab of just selected window ;P

Last edited:
ok i can see it and partialy talk to it its not a TM image on it its some thing called dsteam cwipsy image? so i cant do what it says in digi's write up

ok draged out an old lap top and the now it seems to be flashing but dont ask me how cause ive not done anything different lol

Last edited:
ok finnaly got it flashed with newest image thank f*** nearly had to shout on digi there :roflmao: think the serial cable wasnt in rite tightened up the wee screws and away it went also changed laptops but nothing else changed so im not sure how it doen it now and would do it earlier

ok got the box flashed and have run a scan ,i found all the channles and used dbox edit to log onto it and sorted out bouquets and service files but as you can see from picture i still cannot connetc via DCC i have tried the newest version also tried 2.6 version

:err: According to the picture you are connected mate, green for go right through.

:Cheers:

yep it looks like it but when you goto ftp there is nothing there ,no files or bouquets yet when i do it with dream edit all my bouquets are there i need to ftp so i can alter .cfg file

Have you tried the refresh button when on the ftp page?

it is a weird one like, the dm files should come up when you go onto ftp.

:Cheers:

If your using Firefox download fireftp add-on as this will connect without password, its what i use as it saves having to change password every time i put on a new image.

Derek

on the default UR image, password is blank, so open TCC and put ip in and blank for pass then click save, then change password and save.

you should now be able to FTP into box using root / password

as for it saying "static ip : no internet connection" on the GUI of the tm500 , this is basically just saying that you are on DHCP and static ip is not enabled, hence the no internet connection, i) if you come back out and select "get external ip address" ( i think its that it ) it will give you your ext ip according to DHCP settings.

hope that clears the little bits up.

Last edited:
on the default UR image, password is blank, so open TCC and put ip in and blank for pass then click save, then change password and save.

you should now be able to FTP into box using root / password

as for it saying "static ip : no internet connection" on the GUI of the tm500 , this is basically just saying that you are on DHCP and static ip is not enabled, hence the no internet connection, i) if you come back out and select "get external ip address" ( i think its that it ) it will give you your ext ip according to DHCP settings.

hope that clears the little bits up.

spot on m8 worked like a charm

Back