Starview 1 for £55 ?

I don't understand why that word is banned, it's fooking nuts, it's a simple Chinese name, it's not a link to a website or anything, it's nuts.

Moderation for the sake of Moderation.

I really dont see why Im being questioned about this as the same rule applied last time the cable section was here
the same rules apply as before along with the new additional rules

digtalworldz is not a place for you to find sellers,its a place to share infomation about the box

we dont want it to be like last time where we get questions where to get,wheres the cheapest etc etc
as I remember the move not to mention sellers was welcomed by many members

being an ex Moderator on another forum and a long standing member here I thought you might understand

if you want a cheap box search google :)

scottyboydfc why do assume Im going to hit the ban button ? do you think it warrents a ban ?

:)

I really dont see why Im being questioned about this as the same rule applied last time the cable section was here
the same rules apply as before along with the new additional rules

digtalworldz is not a place for you to find sellers,its a place to share infomation about the box

Even their names? the word PENG provides no links to any site, no email address, no contact details, nothing.

In this instance, witchy was only asking me if they were PENG's boxes.

Which doesnt usually bring up the cheapest boxes as the highest ranked results.

scottyboydfc why do assume Im going to hit the ban button ? do you think it warrents a ban ?

Not personally no, I shouldn't think so but I've seen people banned on here for less. I was interested to see that witchy had the balls to post the word peng again after you removed it twice. Fair play to ya witchy m8.

Scott

Last edited:
being an ex Moderator on another forum and a long standing member here I thought you might understand

Was I searching for a cheap box?

I only asked wether or not the other fella was talking about a certain person.

I don't understand why the word Peng is banned, it's not an address, it doesn't link to anything and a Google search will give you around 3 billion results - it's a Chinese name nothing else.

It would be different if I had said 'I recommend buying from www.peng_is_a_bad_man.com' as that would be a direct link to a website, it's another silly rule, it's even sillier than us not being allowed to use the word v1rgin even though we are talking about our mobile phones, local record store or subscribed tv and internet service....fook we could even be talking about our sex lives!

The word Peng is not criminal nor is the word V1rgin.

Anyway, this is my last word on the subject, I might not agree with the level of moderation but I respect it.

I'm not on a crusade and I'm not trying to prove anything, just my opinion.

Was I searching for a cheap box?

I only asked wether or not the other fella was talking about a certain person.

I don't understand why the word Peng is banned, it's not an address, it doesn't link to anything and a Google search will give you around 3 billion results - it's a Chinese name nothing else.

It would be different if I had said 'I recommend buying from www.peng_is_a_bad_man.com' as that would be a direct link to a website, it's another silly rule, it's even sillier than us not being allowed to use the word v1rgin even though we are talking about our mobile phones, local record store or subscribed tv and internet service....fook we could even be talking about our sex lives!

The word Peng is not criminal nor is the word V1rgin.

Anyway, this is my last word on the subject, I might not agree with the level of moderation but I respect it.

I'm not on a crusade and I'm not trying to prove anything, just my opinion.

Witchy this will be my only word on it the owner of the site mickie does not want any names of any brands to be used on his site the operative word being his site cant we all just respect his wishes please this aint aimed just at you its aimed at all members

Come to think of it I know someone that had a Digivox and they didn't contact me for an update, I'm about the only 'techy' guy he knows so it's unlikely that he would have gotten it flashed elsewhere - there's always that possibility though.

AFAIK no boxes have went down since the big hit in April mate.

Don't you hate the Digivox's onscreen display though, yeurgh! Pink and Purple with wee moons and stuff, lol :)

Hi there the Starview PVR survived because they still had the old code in them. All the latest boxes had abandonded the old code or left it out of recent compilations.

Hi there the Starview PVR survived because they still had the old code in them. All the latest boxes had abandonded the old code or left it out of recent compilations.

Many people (including myself) tried older ROM images and they all failed, the Starview uses the same ROM set as every other box, so IMO that is not what happened.

I'd appreciate some sources for your claim if possible mate.

Back