spoof lite-on to ms28 sammy

via-1.jpg

this is wot mine says have u uses the drop down box a picked the right card . the one your showing is an on board one ?

any way l cant load your firmware onto iprep its saying its not valid ?

forget all that then . u have it right on your floppy . cant see why u cant send to the drive ,, theres no reson it should work .. l had one months ago and sent to oggy . ld done lots and this one wouldnt have it

as oggy said u might need to roll back your drivers on the card to 530c

Last edited:
Id change to 530c as I know thats good / gold and reports as a 6421.

You could try dosflash32 or in auto mode

Ok, got the 530c drivers for the Via card and installed now getting the VT6421 in iPrep as per the pic in this thread, re-did my floppy but still the same result, just will not flash the ms28. I even followed a tutorial on flashing using DosFlash with my onboard SATA NForce 4 chipset and it finds the Sammy as well but I get an error after it asks to enter the number of the Atapi drive to Read, Write or Erase: I choose my number and after that I get in the line below Unknown Flash Chip, then it's back to the A prompt. Seems I'm stuffed. I still suspect the Sammy, it appears to be the common factor for everything I've tried so far that's not working.

:grayno:

Sumphucker

p.s The Nforce was disabled in the BIOS before attempting to flash with the Via card, the Via card was also removed prior to the NForce attempt using DosFlash

Unknown flash in DF is because you are not sending mtk vendor intro until drive responds.

I think.

Unknown flash in DF is because you are not sending mtk vendor intro until drive responds.

I think.

It won't let me m8, as soon as I click on anything it reverts to the error, I still suspect something is locked or broken on the Sammy

Sumphucker

Here's a step by step of what DF was coming up with:

Numbers on the left 1 - 7
Number 6. 0x09E0 SATA Pri Master Atapi TssT Corp DVDROM TS-H943A MS28
MTK Vendor Intro Failed on Port 0x09E0
If you choose to resend the command you should turn the drive off and on after you press Yes
Do you want to resend the command until the drive responds (Y/N) I pressed Y then switched the drive off and on
Press Esc to Abort!
Flash Manufacturer ID: 0X00, Device ID: 0x00
Flash Type: MTK Vendor Intro Failed
Flash Size: 0 bytes (0KB)
Enter the number of the Atapi drive to Read, Write, Erase Flash: I press 6
Unknown Flash Chip
Then back to A prompt

Any thoughts? Maybe you'll spot something that's beyond me, lol

Sumphucker

Try it on your via.

What Series Nforce do you have?

Try it on your via.

What Series Nforce do you have?

Well tried that on the VIA no joy either. Tried Dosflash32 from Windows and got the MTK Vendor Intro Failed error, typed y and hit enter to resend the command, switched the CK3 Lite tool off waited a few secs switched back on and it crashes to BSOD everytime. I'm ready for throwing that Sammy at the friggin wall, it's doing my head in.

Sumphucker

Ok update. Managed to get Dosflash32 to recognise the Sammy under Windows, after sending the resend command I switched off and noticed the status changed from 0x51 to I think 0xD1 but when I switched it back on it went back to 0x51, selected all 3 options Read, Write and Erase and all 3 come up with No known Flash Chip on this port. Any thoughts anyone? I decided that the CK3 Lite tool was causing Windows to crash after every switch off and on so I hooked the Sammy up to the Xbox. I'm going to have another go under Dos with mtkflash and see how it goes.

Sumphucker

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, at f*****g last. God knows what I did different but I've just flashed Banks 0 to 3 all ok. I wonder if it was the CK3 Lite tool supplying the power or whatever but I did try the Xbox before so God knows and who cares, I've managed to flash, yippee

:drink: :drink: :Cheers: :Cheers:

Thanks for all the help

Sumphucker

Back