spoof lite-on to ms28 sammy

you can just use a ms28 hacked firmware from the ixtreme 1.4 files.

use toolbox 48 as alot easier, open hacked ms28 and then enter key into it then click tools and then spoof firmware, click on CUSTOM (requires inquiry bin) open your inquiry bin from your liteon.

save firmware and flash it to sammy now your done.

wheres the custom bit ,, is it only on 4 and not on 4.6 ? and u dont need to insert the code into HxDen just get the code from it ? and just use 360fwtb

Last edited:
sorry m8 mis read your post . just install 4.8 haven needed to use before ,, thats made things easier

its way better an easier a.

if anyone is using a hitachi drive for spoofing dont try and flash all at once IE:
read drive then change key and flash patch.
use smart hacker patch and flash.
then spoof and patch again.

if you flash all at once you will more then likely flash fail and render the dvdrom board dead.

its way better an easier a.

if anyone is using a hitachi drive for spoofing dont try and flash all at once IE:
read drive then change key and flash patch.
use smart hacker patch and flash.
then spoof and patch again.

if you flash all at once you will more then likely flash fail and render the dvdrom board dead.

Good advice, but not strictly true.

Always spoof a drive last as it makes things awkward sgould it go wrong....

But,

Flashasec will manually flash the 9003D000 (Drive String ID) sector so you can 'undo spoof'

Good advice, but not strictly true.

Always spoof a drive last as it makes things awkward sgould it go wrong....

But,

Flashasec will manually flash the 9003D000 (Drive String ID) sector so you can 'undo spoof'

yep i did quote spoof last as it changes firmware so dogey hacking a spoof firmware...

Managed to get my key from my LiteOn, used Toolbox 4.8 and spoofed for Sammy MS28, stuck everything on a floppy due to PC not having a serial port for CK3 Lite tool and other PC doesn't boot USB, so I've had to swap a few bits around on the PC's to get it to work. Ran fSam but getting Status = 51 not 70 error. Any help to get rid of the error? I have a VIA PCI SATA card with the 6421 chipset. The CK3 Lite tool has the SATA cable, Power cable and the Serial cable all connected, When running fSam it comes up with the Port address so the Sammy is obviously being seen, I've been at this for 6 hours and I'm pulling my hair out. Any help much appreciated.

:grayno:

Sumphucker

Managed to get my key from my LiteOn, used Toolbox 4.8 and spoofed for Sammy MS28, stuck everything on a floppy due to PC not having a serial port for CK3 Lite tool and other PC doesn't boot USB, so I've had to swap a few bits around on the PC's to get it to work. Ran fSam but getting Status = 51 not 70 error. Any help to get rid of the error? I have a VIA PCI SATA card with the 6421 chipset. The CK3 Lite tool has the SATA cable, Power cable and the Serial cable all connected, When running fSam it comes up with the Port address so the Sammy is obviously being seen, I've been at this for 6 hours and I'm pulling my hair out. Any help much appreciated.

:grayno:

Sumphucker

if u make a iprep floppy on one pc and use in another if wont work me .. remake then floppy on the new pc

if u make a iprep floppy on one pc and use in another if wont work me .. remake then floppy on the new pc

Ok tried that m8, still same result. Here the actual steps I'm taking as written down by me as they appear on the PC monitor, Note for 360 subsitute CK3 Lite device as I decided not to hook up the actal Xbox:

For the following steps you need to:

Type the Port number that matches the SATA Port
Turn off the 360 then press enter
wait 10-15 secs
Turn on drive flashing should start
MTKFlash by Joseph Lin
Please wait..............
Drive Scaned:
1. Xtreme Pri Master
Choose One Drive:
I then press 1 and enter then switch off the 360, wait the 10-15 secs, turn 360 back on then get this:
Port 9000, Master/Slave: a0
Then flashing cursor for ages so I then press Esc Key
Pressing Esc key and I get:
Status =51, Should be 70

Any pointers? Am I doing something wrong somewhere before starting the flash? I've tried varies combinations of switching on and off before typing the 1 but same results, always flashing cursor. Sorry for being a pain.

Sumphucker

I then press 1 and enter then switch off the 360, wait the 10-15 secs, turn 360 back on then get this:
u mean u turn off box then press 1 and then restart xbox after ten seconds ?

u mean u turn off box then press 1 and then restart xbox after ten seconds ?

Yes m8 I've tried typing 1 then press enter and turn off xbox, then I tried turn off xbox type 1 press enter, same result no matter which way I do it. Also noticed that when I press Esc key at the end that as the A:\ is accessing again I get this error: Firmtools 1.1, then next line in red:
File Backups\1234567\12345\Sam-OFW.bin does not exist. Program aborted. Then the A: prompt is back. Should point out, the Samsung MS28 is supposed to be new, so I'll assume there is no firmware on it to dump and it's just a case of using fsam or am I wrong?

Sumphucker

if u open your a drive (floppy) theres a folder called mtkflash . drag your firmware into that , then boot from floppy TYPE this at the a prompt type cd mtkflash and the new line will be a:/mtkflash> now type mtkflash m /w ixtreme1.4.bin

if the name of the file u dragged in is call ixtreme1.4 (but the m and w might be the wrong way around they both , but lm sure thats write , lm at work havnt go any info on this pc

if that dont work show us wonts on your floppy

Last edited:
sorry had to rewrite this

if u open your a drive (floppy) theres a folder called folder tools. drag your firmware into that , then boot from floppy TYPE this at the a prompt type cd tools then enter and the new line will be a:/tools> now type mtkflash w /m ixtreme1.4.bin

if the name of the file u dragged in is call ixtreme1.4 (but the m and w might be the wrong way around they both , but lm sure thats write , lm at work havnt go any info on this pc

leave xbox on at first if that dosnt work try the 10 second tick

if that dont work show us wonts on your floppy

Last edited:
0x70 is flashable status, 0x51 is firmguard.

You are not 10 sec tricking correctly

At port selection screen, power down xbox.... Wait for fans to fully shut off

Select port

Count to 7 and power on 360

Yes m8 I've tried typing 1 then press enter and turn off xbox, then I tried turn off xbox type 1 press enter, same result no matter which way I do it. Also noticed that when I press Esc key at the end that as the A:\ is accessing again I get this error: Firmtools 1.1, then next line in red:
File Backups\1234567\12345\Sam-OFW.bin does not exist. Program aborted. Then the A: prompt is back. Should point out, the Samsung MS28 is supposed to be new, so I'll assume there is no firmware on it to dump and it's just a case of using fsam or am I wrong?

Sumphucker
fsam command refers to the sam-cfw file so of course it doesnt exist because its a new drive you havent dumped and hacked it so you need to get your ix 1.4 ms28 firmware with key injected and spoofed last installed now rename that sam-cfw and copy that into iprep then run the fsam command turn off the box just before you press 1 then count to ten then turn it back on
good luck

Last edited:
That would only appear if using DSAM, which even taking his post into consideration, he shouldnt be doing.

Just a comment...

I need to make sure I've disabled all IDE on my motherboard before MTKFLASH will work properlly, I get all the proper numbers but the drive just refuses to flash until I go into my bios and disable IDE.

Might be the same for your board?

Back