spoof lite-on to ms28 sammy

It would appear that I may have gotten a few things back to front. I extracted my LiteOn key and downloaded Samsung iXtreme 1.4 from Xbins, opened up FW Toolbox 4.8 and used that to spoof my LiteOn key thinking that was it. So I used Iprep to make my bootable floppy and booted up PC, used dSam 1234567 12345 and got the 51 not 70 error even after doing the 10 sec trick. Upon checking the backup folder though I had SAM-OFW and I know the folder was empty before the boot up. But what I should have done and correct me if I'm wrong was boot back to Windows and then use my LiteOn key to spoof the SAM-OFW, Iprep again and boot up and then use fSam to flash the MS28?

:blushing:

Sumphucker

This is what I do...

1. Grab iXtreme 1.4 and add my key to it.
2. Spoof it to Lite-on using enquire.bin
3. Flash Drive.

This is what I do...

1. Grab iXtreme 1.4 and add my key to it.
2. Spoof it to Lite-on using enquire.bin
3. Flash Drive.

Yeah that's what I did to start with but I'm getting the Status =51, Should be 70 error. I'll download iXtreme 1.4 again and retry.

Sumphucker

Aaaaaggghhhhh, I'm going out of my mind here. Ok here's what I did. Downloaded iXtreme 1.4 again, opened 360 FW Toolbox v4.8 and choose 12x firmware, replaced key with my LiteOn one, went to spoof option and used my inquiry key from LiteOn. Then opened iPrep 006 and selected 12x firmware. Selected my Via card, ticked patch mtkflash, selected my floppy as USB flash drive is greyed out for some unknow reason and clicked on prepare drive. When that finished I decided this time to forget about the CK3 Lite tool and connected up the Xbox360 itself. Power and Video cables only. Booted PC up with floppy and ran thru the intro etc, switched on the xbox at the first prompt asking me to make sure and turn it on, did this and pressed enter but MTKFlash now says no drive detected. Xbox was touching PC case so no chance of blowing anything. I also opened the tray to make sure it was getting power from xbox. Powered everything off and connected CK3 Lite tool back up to MS28 and it's now coming up with the same error, no drive detected. What now anyone?

[MAD][/MAD]

Sumphucker

Ok here's a pic of whats on my Floppy. Can anyone tell me if it's wrong or right? Also in the CFW folder I have SAM-CFW made today using my LiteOn keys as I swapped it for the one that iPrep uses when it's preparing the floppy. Tools folder has firmtool, mtkflash and mtkflash.typ, Backup folder is empty, is that correct? I hope the Jpeg is big enough, if not let me know.

Sumphucker

My floppy only has mtkflash.exe, mtkflash.typ and my firmware.

I don't use any of these weird iprep things, the last machine I did was a Lite-on which I was going to replace with a Sammy MS25 (previously flashed with iXtreme).

I created the firmware as normal by adding my key to a raw copy of iXtreme 1.4, I then spoofed the drive to Lite-on using my inquire.bin file, I then copied the firmware to floppy and called it 'Firmware.bin'.

The 360 drive is powered on.

At the DOS prompt I typed "MTKFLASH w /m firmware.bin".

MTKFLASH will then give me a choice of devices. - if it doesn't then I go back into my BIOS and disable the IDE controller and leave the SATA controller active.

I power OFF the drive.

I chose the aprropriate SATA device in MTKFLASH.

I wait 10 seconds then power up drive.

It starts flashing.

The key to success for me is remembering to disable my onboard IDE controller, for some reason it fucks things up but as soon as I've disabled it, the flash always worked 1st time.

l did say this yesterday .. he never said if he tried it https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1432507/

Ok m8 tried that, didn't work. Same thing as all the other times, Status =51, Should be 70 error when I press the Esc key. Mtkflash is seeing the MS28 as it's the only thing attached, Xtreme Pri Master and the Port etc is showing when I select it but it's just not flashing the spoofed firmware. There must be a step or something I'm missing or doing wrong. My floppy contents are a few posts above this one.

:(

Sumphucker

Last edited by a moderator:
wot r u typing in m8 ? like my example mtkflash w /m ixtreme1.4.bin

and show u want in the tools folder and backup folder . or zip it and uplaod and pm me the link

wot r u typing in m8 ? like my example mtkflash w /m ixtreme1.4.bin

Ok I cd tools and get the tools folder up. Then type: mtkflash w /m SAM-CFW.bin as I renamed my spoofed ixtreme to this a few days ago, that's the file I moved to the tools folder as per the suggestion.

Sumphucker

My floppy only has mtkflash.exe, mtkflash.typ and my firmware.

I don't use any of these weird iprep things, the last machine I did was a Lite-on which I was going to replace with a Sammy MS25 (previously flashed with iXtreme).

I created the firmware as normal by adding my key to a raw copy of iXtreme 1.4, I then spoofed the drive to Lite-on using my inquire.bin file, I then copied the firmware to floppy and called it 'Firmware.bin'.

The 360 drive is powered on.

At the DOS prompt I typed "MTKFLASH w /m firmware.bin".

MTKFLASH will then give me a choice of devices. - if it doesn't then I go back into my BIOS and disable the IDE controller and leave the SATA controller active.

I power OFF the drive.

I chose the aprropriate SATA device in MTKFLASH.

I wait 10 seconds then power up drive.

It starts flashing.

The key to success for me is remembering to disable my onboard IDE controller, for some reason it fucks things up but as soon as I've disabled it, the flash always worked 1st time.

spot on mate nicely put. i never got on with iprep either .. enter serial number? whats all that about lol

spoof.jpg

all thats looks fine ,, just down to your timing or your via card . could do with seeing a picture of your iprep box before u make a bootable disc too

So how come it's working for u? Surely it's not the VIA card? It was used to extract the key from the LiteOn, it's obviously being used in Iprep and it's surely being seen under DOS for MTKFLASH to detect the MS28 which is attched with the VIA card. The only thing I can think of and I mentioned it before is that the MS28 is somehow duff even though the tray opens and closes.

Sumphucker

your cards not right m8 . u need a via vt6421 raid controller

That is a 6421 but with drivers above 550b ;)

530c is what I use, and is suggested for windows based modding it seems

Back