Spiders in Bathroom

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
There was a huge spider in my bath last night, i turned the water on and washed it down the plughole. Then i put the plug in to stop it getting back out.

So i was wondering, how do they get in to the bathroom, do they come in the window or climb up the drain?

Any opening - there could be hundreds that are small enough for a spider

If you are on the first floor - they can come up from pentrations through your foundations and up through the wall and then into the main living area through any hole in the wall.

The main way I assume though is through small openings like window sills, door and other smaller holes in the walls. You cannot keep them out period unless you live in a bubble.

yeah i know that you can't keep them out, although burning or spraying peppermint essential oil helps. i was just wondering about the bathroom specifically, do they climb up the drainpipe?

yeah i know that you can't keep them out, although burning or spraying peppermint essential oil helps. i was just wondering about the bathroom specifically, do they climb up the drainpipe?

Incey wincey used to do that until health and safety stepped in now its just small holes they crawl through im afraid.:proud:

And i asnwered LOL,.., small holes, vents etc etc.

There was a huge spider in my bath last night, i turned the water on and washed it down the plughole.

I hate the things but don't kill them. It's not their fault I trapped them in the house :)

The stench pipe cavity in the bathroom is a likely place they get in but they can get in through other places as suggested already. They only get noticed so much in bathrooms as they get themselves trapped in the bath.

They should make houses out of the same material as the bath so they can't climb in :)

Last edited:
You drown a spider eve that's premeditated murder, fact is though they can swim and it will come back when you least expect it (and crawl up your flu while your sat on the loo, lucky spider ) as K has said already there are bathroom vents and extractor fans that are perfect places for spiders to get in through.
I never kill spiders deliberately as they kill the dirty germ spreading flies that crawl on shit then your crockery and food.

i didn't use much water, just enough to wash it into the plughole and then i put the plug in, so i doubt i drowned it.

i usually put them outside, but the spider was huge and it was late and dark and cold and raining. feeling guilty now in case i killed it lol :(

i didn't use much water, just enough to wash it into the plughole and then i put the plug in, so i doubt i drowned it

lol, there's a trap under there full of water. His carcass might still be in there. :rip:

i usually put them outside, but the spider was huge and it was late and dark and cold and raining.

Get a spider vac then chuck them out the window.

feeling guilty now in case i killed it lol :(

Don't worry about it. Karma owes you a few ;)

had me worried there with the spider thought that was a sat box ya had:Clap::Clap::Clap:and in bath shocking.:proud:

Its like gladiators in our house, when I catch a spider I look around to get the verdict from my wife and daughters, a thumbs up means to throw it out alive or a thumbs down means to kill it.....it's hard to tell sometimes when wife/daughters run out of the room though, but it has always been a thumbs down so they get squashed....as I have said before, they do make a nice crunching sound as they die.

I watched something recently about spiders, it said if you puta few conkers in the room where you think the spiders maybe entering then they will not come in, apparently they hate conkers.

We had a huge spider in the living room, and Stu and the kids all ran out as i went to pick it up and put it outside, but it was really fast and ran under a heavy sideboard. So i still pretended to put it out, thinking, it won't come back out! But it was really cheeky, they all came back in the living room ......and five minutes later .....it walked back across the floor. PMSL

Take what i got for lying, but i put it out the second time.:proud:

We had a huge spider in the living room, and Stu and the kids all ran out
:

pmsl,
i'll bet he'll thank you for sharing that little nugget with us.
smiley-laughing004.gif
smiley-laughing004.gif
smiley-laughing004.gif

araignees-13.gif
free-scared-smileys-366%5B1%5D.gif

I watched something recently about spiders, it said if you puta few conkers in the room where you think the spiders maybe entering then they will not come in, apparently they hate conkers.

That's bonkers

Back