Spider Box HD 9000 set up, firmware updates and a few other questions

EamonnOC

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am a newb here and I hope I can ask a few questions without infuriating people with my ineptitude. I have a spider box HD 9000 for the last year sitting in a press. I never got around to setting it up.

The software version on the STB is Ver 04.07 LDR: Ver 00.21

Hardware Version: Ver 01.20M

Last Update: Apr 16 2010

I presume I have to update the software to the march 2012 version? I am sorry I am really ignorant on all this. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what I have to do to get it going.

Is it ok that the satellite dish I will be using is just a regular sky dish non motorized?

Does the box have to be connected to broadband through an Ethernet port? Is it possible to use wifi?

Is there anything else I need to consider that I haven't mentioned above?

Could someone also give me a summary of what vasiks is? Or does? Or provides? A bit confusing.

The house where it is going to be used has Sly dish and an old dish aimed at 13 east and 19 east.

And it is in Ireland so it would be great to have it set up with the Irish EPG if at all possible RTÉ 1 at 101 Sly 1 at 106 etc

sorry about all the repeat posts but I can't edit previous posts when I think of something else I should have added.

If someone could even PM me the very basics of where I should start to get the box working i would really appreciate it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Read through the Sticky threads above this thread m8 and see how you get on

Back