sotmod guides and files

Re: Wii soft modding guide for 4.2e system firmware

I'm following these steps and when i get to step 47, anytitle deleter i can select the ios 222 or 223 but as soon as i press A button to contine it boots the Wii remote out and it will not reconnect. I've tried using a gamecube remote and v1.0 & v6 of anytitle deleter which haven't helped. Any guesses?

Hi,

I have been trying to softmod my wii (4.2e) for a couple of days now and I am just going round and round in circles. I have tried doing that many different things, I am totally lost as to where I go or do now.

I am following the instructions by bennyben. However, when I get to instruction 18 "Now cboot2 should load and after a while you should see wadmanager 1.5", the wii just goes round and round in a loop. The screen changes to black and says there is an error with loading a file or another. It goes that fast (in the loop) that my eyes are going funny trying to work it out.

So, my question is, is there any way I can clear everything from the wii (like formatting a computer) and starting from scratch.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated, as I have two screaming kids screaming at me!

Thanks.

Moe

I'm following these steps and when i get to step 47, anytitle deleter i can select the ios 222 or 223 but as soon as i press A button to contine it boots the Wii remote out and it will not reconnect. I've tried using a gamecube remote and v1.0 & v6 of anytitle deleter which haven't helped. Any guesses?

have you preloader set system menu to ios 250? i had a similar thing earlier it may or may not help :0)

Hi,

I have been trying to softmod my wii (4.2e) for a couple of days now and I am just going round and round in circles. I have tried doing that many different things, I am totally lost as to where I go or do now.

I am following the instructions by bennyben. However, when I get to instruction 18 "Now cboot2 should load and after a while you should see wadmanager 1.5", the wii just goes round and round in a loop. The screen changes to black and says there is an error with loading a file or another. It goes that fast (in the loop) that my eyes are going funny trying to work it out.

So, my question is, is there any way I can clear everything from the wii (like formatting a computer) and starting from scratch.

no. unless you had bootmii installed to boot 2 and made a nand backup

what exact text comes up? not keen on this guide myself i never found myself using it

does cioscorp 3.5 load up ? is preloader installed? if so which version?

hiya benny clicked on the first link and it says the file you requested is not valid any other links tia

Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of my mate who cant get online just now. So bear with me.

Right, he's been following the tut and gets to stage 65: highlight neo gamma r7.wad and keeps getting an error returned.

Before he got to that though at stage 62: it installed ios249 even though he tried to disable it.

When he goes back to stage 25 and tries to uninstall ios249 the just seems hang.

What he wants to know is, can he just update the wii through nintendo and start again or will doing this brick it?

Also can anyone come up with any ideas of how to fix it if he cant update it through nintendo?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of my mate who cant get online just now. So bear with me.

Right, he's been following the tut and gets to stage 65: highlight neo gamma r7.wad and keeps getting an error returned.

Before he got to that though at stage 62: it installed ios249 even though he tried to disable it.

When he goes back to stage 25 and tries to uninstall ios249 the just seems hang.

What he wants to know is, can he just update the wii through nintendo and start again or will doing this brick it?

Also can anyone come up with any ideas of how to fix it if he cant update it through nintendo?

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem m8 I swapped the wad manager in the apps file on the sd card with this wad manager then i was able to install the wads

all i get from these staeps here-17)click load bootmii
18)ok now cboot2 should load and after a while you should see wadmanager 1.5

is 4 icons? am i doing something wrong-cheers

theres a wii icon /sd /hb channel and sumit else-can,t click on any

I had the same problem m8 I swapped the wad manager in the apps file on the sd card with this wad manager then i was able to install the wads

Hi mate I,m having the same prob keep getting error when trying to install the wads tried wad manager 1.5 that you suggested but it just crashes my wii when I select the 249

any ideas

regards

mick

Same issue here. Get to step 65, try and install using WAD manager 1.5 - crash and burn. WAD manager 1.4 gives error -2011

So close and yet so far. Can anybody help this newbie? Please?

Same issue here. Get to step 65, try and install using WAD manager 1.5 - crash and burn. WAD manager 1.4 gives error -2011

So close and yet so far. Can anybody help this newbie? Please?

That is an installation error most likely installed out of date or incorrect IOS, Have a read here

need a little help guys, been given a friends wii to mod, it has been modded previously but got updated to 4.2e so lost HB channel but still has backup loader which doesnt work. Im trying to follow guide but fails early when accesing sd card . as soon as i click sd card top right hand side it freezes.

any ideas ?

sorted now , was using the wrong files, had to use files for 4.2 from a previous post.

Last edited:

OK thanks for the original post and I have managed to mod my Wii but I am having problems loading 3 games

Guitar Hero 5
New Super Mario Bros.Wii
Rabbids Go Home

I know that GH5 works as it loads on a Wii that has been chipped.

When I try to load disc using neogamma I get a green screen (as usual) and then a black screen.

I have tried adjusting the neogamma settings.

Anyone have this problem?

I had hassle with Rabbids Go Home today myself change your reign settings you should be fine, with New Super Mario Bros to run off disc you need to have csiocorp 3.5 installed. I don't have Guitar Hero 5. I will get it and let you know.

I had hassle with Rabbids Go Home today myself change your reign settings you should be fine, with New Super Mario Bros to run off disc you need to have csiocorp 3.5 installed. I don't have Guitar Hero 5. I will get it and let you know.

Thanks for the quick response I will go investigate :banana:

Hi everyone!

I came to number 65)hilight neo gamma r7.wad and install it
66)hilight usb loader and install it

Instaling ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

Pls HeLp!

Thank you!
Denis

Last edited:

I am having trouble trying to follow these instructions to install the soft mod on my 4.2E to play Mario Bros back up via neo gamma. Can anyone provide step by step instructions and supply all the soft to go on please???

I am having trouble trying to follow these instructions to install the soft mod on my 4.2E to play Mario Bros back up via neo gamma. Can anyone provide step by step instructions and supply all the soft to go on please???

Step by step instructions are in the first post working links in the forth. I've successfully used this guide a few times just take your time and follow the tut make sure you don't skip any steps.

Last edited by a moderator:

At the end of my tether here now. Followed this guide and got nowhere, even though everything appears to install fine, and NG7 shows up in the channels etc.

So thought I'd give this guide a bash too, again no problems at all installing things, everything works 100%. (Easy guide to follow again BTW, thanks.).

But!!! I get exactly the same errors when I try to load up any games from DVD. (1101 error, or "n" error, depending which discs I shove in. (The n error comes up DVD's that worked perfectly on 3.2, and the 1101 error comes up on newly downed and burnt discs.)

I used the 1.5 Wad Manager as listed in this thread.

WTF guys, somebody shed some light for me here please! :( I could follow these damn guides in my sleep now, I've repeated them so many sodding times!

I've not tried via USB yet, because I've done no research what so ever on this, so I'll need to read up what I need to do before I can try this. (I'm assuming it's not as easy as dropping the game ISO onto a USB stick and pointing the USB loader to it? But as I say, I'll read up...)

Anybody, please...?

Also, should have said, I can't load BootMii as Boot2, (see screenshot), so I have no NAND backup. I guess I'm playing with fire like this, so can somebody point me to a way of getting a fall back method at hand, just in case things do go tits up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back