sotmod guides and files

Re: Wii soft modding guide for 4.2e system firmware

So you say that the solution is to use this wad manager and put the wads i have and then install them under ios249?

That's what worked for me with ng r7, My wii is running perfect now. ( the usb loader was working with ISO250) I would advice doing a back up of the nand if you have not done so. That wad manager I uploaded stopped my wii freezing when selecting ISO249.

Hi Benny,

So is the original post of instructions fully up to date to avoid the errors and possible back tracking expressed later on in this thread, cause my wife will kill me if I break her Wii (LOL)???

It sounds like you know what your talking about so Im happy to follow your instructions but I would'nt have a clue what any of the terms are (aging noob). Do you also have a good step by step guide on how to get games and such onto your Wii?

Thanks in advance
(nervous amature Hacker)

Hi Benny,

So is the original post of instructions fully up to date to avoid the errors and possible back tracking expressed later on in this thread, cause my wife will kill me if I break her Wii (LOL)???

It sounds like you know what your talking about so Im happy to follow your instructions but I would'nt have a clue what any of the terms are (aging noob). Do you also have a good step by step guide on how to get games and such onto your Wii?

Thanks in advance
(nervous amature Hacker)

The guide works great m8, I had a bit of trouble installing the wads as I say above but the wad manager I uploaded worked.

Hey Dog,

Im not going to make you roll your eyes and ask what a WAD manager is but where do i find the one you uploaded? and at what step do I need to use it?

Also How do I start getting and using software (without mentioning the "P@#ate" word)

Hey Dog,

Im not going to make you roll your eyes and ask what a WAD manager is but where do i find the one you uploaded? and at what step do I need to use it?

Also How do I start getting and using software (without mentioning the "P@#ate" word)

The wad manager is an application that allows you to (un)install wad packages (channels), You don't need it till step (61) You will find it in your apps file on the sd card. all I did was replace the one on the card with the one below.
Once the wii is modded you can load backups via disc or usb ports.I would advive you to read the stickys in this section before you do anything else.

View attachment 48966

Sorry for my ignorance Dog,

And the stickys would be........?

Thanx Guys,

I just managed to jailbreak my iphone while I was waiting for your reply with another part of the site. Really good content here. Very impressed. Will read up and see how i go getting the new Wii fit plus app for the misus to keep her of my back.

By the way what would be the best size SD card to use as I only have a 2 gig (for my Nikon DSLR) or a 16meg micro converted?

Thanx Guys,

I just managed to jailbreak my iphone while I was waiting for your reply with another part of the site. Really good content here. Very impressed. Will read up and see how i go getting the new Wii fit plus app for the misus to keep her of my back.

By the way what would be the best size SD card to use as I only have a 2 gig (for my Nikon DSLR) or a 16meg micro converted?

A 2gb card is fine m8

Cool.

Thanx for all your help and advice.

Hi all,

Well I have successfully soft moded my Wii with this step by step process. Now I am up to the bit that BennyBen added.......

"totally forgot about this step, u need to leave all of the files on the sd card except for the following, delete the boot.elf file and the wad manager.dol, and also go into the homebrew folder, then into private, then wii/title and delete the atkn file"

I have deleted atkn file but there is no boot.elf file only a boothackmii.elf file.
Is this the one I delete?
Also there is no wad manager.dol file only a boot_wadmanager.dol file.
Is this also the one I should delete?

Hey Dog,

I have deleted atkn file but there is no boot.elf file only a boothackmii.elf file.
Is this the one I delete?
Also there is no wad manager.dol file only a boot_wadmanager.dol file.
Is this also the one I should delete?

alright mate i only deleted the bootmii file if its working let it be

Sorry dog Im still getting the hang of these forums and posting properly.
I am trying to get some games for the wii (have registered and brought premium rapidshare account) but im getting nowhere fast. Is there any tutorial like the one Benny ben posted for soft mod but for getting games up and running on your wii. Im really trying to get Wii fit plus to get started.

Sorry dog Im still getting the hang of these forums and posting properly.
I am trying to get some games for the wii (have registered and brought premium rapidshare account) but im getting nowhere fast. Is there any tutorial like the one Benny ben posted for soft mod but for getting games up and running on your wii. Im really trying to get Wii fit plus to get started.

I am sure there was a thread on Wii fit plus a while back i will take a look, are you puting it on a disc or hdd.

I found it i've not got that one so can't advice. https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/218490/

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Dog.
This will be my maiden game.
I figured I would start with discs and if I get proficient enough i will start using my 160 gig hard drive.

What is the best method?

Just checked link you posted. I think im getting more confused. It seems that is a discussion about the game but where do I get the actual game from? Im sorry I must sound like a complete moron.

Last edited:

Thanks Dog.
This will be my maiden game.
I figured I would start with discs and if I get proficient enough i will start using my 160 gig hard drive.

What is the best method?

Just checked link you posted. I think im getting more confused. It seems that is a discussion about the game but where do I get the actual game from? Im sorry I must sound like a complete moron.

I only use hard drive m8, links to warz, torrent sites ect. are not permitted on the forum.

you could try a google search for wii iso or wii torrent's

thanx dog.

will give it a go tomorrow. Early to work tomorrow. Time for bed

Cya

Back