21)highlight IOS249.wad
22)press a to continue
23)press left arrow on wiimote
24)select uninstall wad
25)press a to uninstall IOS249.wad
26)when your done press home to return to wii system menu

:lsabre:

Hi,

In my quest for a iso dumper that works with a PC + LG 8164b + Dual Layer, I found a liitle app that examines the region coding of a WAD (WadID5) and IOS249.wad looked as if it was NTSC JAPAN !!!!

Is this correct and is it OK for a PAL Wii ?
I have attached the pics.

Kind Regards
Naresh

Re: Wii soft modding guide for 4.2e system firmware

goto the wads section and get the wad for disk dumping and dump from ya wii straight to ya pc desktop over wireless its faster than rawdump and no special drive needed :)

Hi,

Thank you for the Kind Reply.

If the Wii needs to be softmodded first before the WAD can be used then I cannot use the WAD as I have a Wiikey 1.9s PAL,

To avoid wear n tear on the Wii Drive, I use a LG 8164b with a PC to protect the very expensive Originals from wear n tear.

THat is why I am hoping someone can point me towards an improvement on Rawdump 2.0 and Rawdump 2.1

Can the Config Disc of Wiikey 1.9s PAL help me to run Wad's or any other files ?

Kind Regards
Naresh

IOS249.wad looked as if it was NTSC JAPAN !!!!

Is this correct and is it OK for a PAL Wii ?
I have attached the pics.

interesting find m8, if you don't want to use the wad i believe this should work for you instead

3] Run Custom IOS38 Installer
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Choose WAD install and press A.

hxxp://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

interesting find m8, if you don't want to use the wad i believe this should work for you instead

3] Run Custom IOS38 Installer
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Choose WAD install and press A.

hxxp://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Thank you for the very kind suggestion.
I am just so afraid of giving my humble wii a full frontal lobotomy.
THat is why I am looking for all of the latest patches/fixes and find out what they do before I apply them.

Kind Regards
Naresh

Those download links in the 1st post are dead now, its coming back file no longer available

Any chance of another upload, I personally use RapidShare but there are plenty more than support 90 days as long as the file is downloaded at least once withing the 90 days to keep it on their servers

Those download links in the 1st post are dead now, its coming back file no longer available

Any chance of another upload, I personally use RapidShare but there are plenty more than support 90 days as long as the file is downloaded at least once withing the 90 days to keep it on their servers

Its posted later in the thread m8.

Can you repost some new link as those are now dead

It says files no longer available, so I suppose they decided to delete them

Thanks

The links are still active m8. I uploaded them to rapidshare for you.

Hi bennynben,

I sort of stumbled on to this when checking cable forum. I am curious.
Are you saying this is a pure software mod for a Wii,without opening it up?
I have to say I know nothing about the inside anyway but if it is software,brilliant. I dont want to take any of your time to explain to me other than I could do a software mod by following the info on this thread for my kids console. cheers

Hi bennynben,

I sort of stumbled on to this when checking cable forum. I am curious.
Are you saying this is a pure software mod for a Wii,without opening it up?
I have to say I know nothing about the inside anyway but if it is software,brilliant. I dont want to take any of your time to explain to me other than I could do a software mod by following the info on this thread for my kids console. cheers

Yes there is a is a pure software mod for a Wii, you can even load games from a hhd read this for system up to 4.1 and this thread is for 4.2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for that m8 .
I will certainly do some reading with this stuff. Bty is there any chance of a problem if this does not work,i.e. the genuine games stop working when this is done by software? or can it just be a reboot to get back to normal.

There is a chance you could brick it m8, but if you follow the guide you will be fine. You will find what system you are on wii menu then follow guide. If you need help ask. This is the guide I used to do my 4.0e Wii.

Last edited:

Cheers,and I will def get reading as much as possible before I get going on it. Thanks for all input given.

HELP Please.
I have installed WAD Manager 1.5.
Then the two WAD files I had were NeoGamma R7.wad and USB Loader GX, the NeoGamma failed but the USB Loader worked fine.
Now if I go back to the Install option for WAD Manager 1.5 it freezes the Wii at the point where I would select 'IOS249' before I get to the list of WAD files.
Each time you want to install a new WAD file, do you go to the option where you install the WAD Manager? Or now I have the WAD Manager already installed should I be going to a different place to install WAD files.

Really stuck.
For the USB loader, does the portable drive need to be formatted in any special way?

Many thanks for any help that comes my way.
Thanks stokesey

HELP Please.
I have installed WAD Manager 1.5.
Then the two WAD files I had were NeoGamma R7.wad and USB Loader GX, the NeoGamma failed but the USB Loader worked fine.
Now if I go back to the Install option for WAD Manager 1.5 it freezes the Wii at the point where I would select 'IO'S249 before I get to the list of WAD files.
Each time you want to install a new WAD file, do you go to the option where you install the WAD Manager? Or now I have the WAD Manager already installed should I be going to a different place to install WAD files.

Really stuck.
in any special way?

Many thanks for any help that comes my way.
Thanks stokesey

I updated myself there and had the same problem, I selected 'IOS250' and all are working. For the USB loader, the portable drive need's to be formatted using wbfs manager

Hello guys,

i have finally managed to softmod my wii (i hope so) but i still have a problem. I insert a game burned on dvd but when i press the neo gamma r7 channel icon and then start the channel shows instanlly a red message (something like loading bla bla) and the my wii stucks.

Does anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks you!!!

PS: i have 4.2e firmware. The only problem i had with this guide was that i had to use wad manager 1.5 and choose the IOS250 when i installed the neogamma and the ubs loader wad. If i choose the IOS249 it shows up an error message (-2011) like the other users above.

Last edited:

Hello guys,

i have finally managed to softmod my wii (i hope so) but i still have a problem. I insert a game burned on dvd but when i press the neo gamma r7 channel icon and then start the channel shows instanlly a red message (something like loading bla bla) and the my wii stucks.

Does anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks you!!!

Was it system 4.2?
Did you select IOS249 before installing wad?
Is your usbloader working?

Was it system 4.2?
Did you select IOS249 before installing wad?
Is your usbloader working?

1) i have firmware 4.2e
2) i selected ios250 because when i choose ios249 it returned an error -2011
3) usbloader starts but a blask screen with numers and digits appears and the wii stucks.

sorry m8 just read your edit, i was having problems with errors last night and had to choose the IOS250 when i installed the wad. Today i did get the wads to install using ISO249 I used this wad manager.

sorry m8 just read your edit, i was having problems with errors last night and had to choose the IOS250 when i installed the wad. Today i did get the wads to install using ISO249 I used this wad manager.

So you say that the solution is to use this wad manager and put the wads i have and then install them under ios249?
I have to say that i have already used the 1.5 to install the wads cause the 1.4 that the file sd.rar includes isn't working on any ios.

Back