sotmod guides and files

Re: Wii soft modding guide for 4.2e system firmware

Hi guys,

i have a wii on 4.2e. It had a wiikey installed in it but the kids broke the dvd drive . i bought a new one with the intention of reinstalling the wii key but now ive decided to softmod it instead. anyway been following the tut on soft modding a wii on 4.2e but im having problems. i do the folllowing and then cant go any further

1) unpack the rar file SD
2)now copy this to the root of your sd card
3)put sd card in your wii and goto sd card menu bannerbomb should start automaticly
4)it should ask if you want to load boot.dol or boot.elf just click yes
5)this should bring up the hackmii installer
6)ok now install the homebrew channel
7)next install bootmii(as boot2 if possible)
8)next install bootmii ios
9)now install dvdx
10)when your done exit the installer hbc should now start
IF YOUR WII FREEZES HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON THEN SWITCH BACK ON
11)now put your sd card back in your pc and unpack rar file SD2
12)copy this to the root of the sd card
13)rename boot.elf to boothackmii.elf
14)rename boot_wadmanager.dol to boot.dol
15)ok now put your sd card back in your wii

it then says

16)whilst in the homebrew channel click home on the wimote
17)click load bootmii

when i turn the wii back on, there is no homebrew channel so i cant load bootmii. have i done something wrong??

Last edited:

when i turn the wii back on, there is no homebrew channel so i cant load bootmii. have i done something wrong??

Just re do those steps again and see if it plays ball this time.

yes thanx mate, it was my fault. installed everything else apart from homebrew channel:blushing:

anyway got a new problem now!! when i get to the following step

49)go to system titles
50) delete IOS222 and IOS223

i can select the iso but when i press A to delete, the wii remote turns itself off. i tried it loads of times and it wont do it. what am i doin wrong.

also tried doin it with gamecube controller and no luck there either

what should i do

Hey I keep getting errors at the last few steps like 2011 errors or something???

When I go to WAD manager and try to uninstall/disable IOS249 and install the neogamma and usb loader software???

What am I doing wrong and can somone please help just email me if need be thanks:)

[email protected]

Hey I keep getting errors at the last few steps like 2011 errors or something???

When I go to WAD manager and try to uninstall/disable IOS249 and install the neogamma and usb loader software???

What am I doing wrong and can somone please help just email me if need be thanks:)

The 2011 error is an incorrect or out of date IOS. use the guide in the link and you should be fine.

49)go to system titles

i can select the iso but when i press A to delete, the wii remote turns itself off. i tried it loads of times and it wont do it. what am i doin wrong.

what should i do

same here getting stressed anyone know what to do :(

Got as far as step 22, press a to continue after trying to highlight IOS249.wad and it freezes.

Downloaded WadManager 1.5 from elsewhere on the Internet as the links in this thread are down. This version of 1.5 made no diference.

Please help.

I'm stuck here:
59)ok now its time to install backup and usb launcher
60)ok boot to hbc
61)start wad manager 1.5
62)select IOS249
63)if asked here select disable
64)choose wii sd slot
65)hilight neo gamma r7.wad and install it
66)hilight usb loader and install it
67)when done click home button on wiimote

The wad manager actually shows as 1.4 & the the menu icon in the homebrew menu looks a bit messed up.

try my EASY 4.2e mod m8 only 8 steps so you cant go wrong as that guide is easy to get lost doing

edogg

yes thanx mate, it was my fault. installed everything else apart from homebrew channel:blushing:

49)go to system titles

what should i do
press a on wii remote first twice i think it was

thanks benny, have tried everything for 4.2 so far, will give this a shot later

HI
I've got to step 18 and I can't get any further. Nothing works. from reading the posts I may need a newer ios249 but I can't find one . When I try to uninstall it it says eror return 1017. I've got hbc but nothing seems to work. I've modded a wii before from 3.2 and got it up to 4.2 and solved all the problems on the way but this has got me. Also when I load bootmii I have to cycle through the menu with the reset and power buttons. I see 4 icons. If I try any file it says error and can't load the file.

Any ideas

I've installed preloader, gx usb loader (forwarder), preloader with hacks. a few wads of Mario games and cios 3.6. Everything is working well and games can load from disc (except nsmb).

I just don't know how to get uloader off

HI
I've got to step 18 and I can't get any further. Nothing works. from reading the posts I may need a newer ios249 but I can't find one . When I try to uninstall it it says eror return 1017. I've got hbc but nothing seems to work. I've modded a wii before from 3.2 and got it up to 4.2 and solved all the problems on the way but this has got me. Also when I load bootmii I have to cycle through the menu with the reset and power buttons. I see 4 icons. If I try any file it says error and can't load the file.

Any ideas

rename bootmii m8 or remove it

49)go to system titles

I seem to keep getting stuck here, I go to delete them and nothing happens at all and I seem to have to reset my Wii. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Back