Sony Ericsson W580i - £69 With Code @ Great Universal

smcsmc

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just found this on another forum. It works as I have just orded on:

The brilliant Sony Ericsson W580i on the Orange Network is a unbelievable £99 at Great Universal, Kays & Littlewoods!!!

With the £30 off code you can get it for an incredible £69!!
Select 20 weeks interest free payment, add phone to basket and select no at insurance screen, and then you can apply the codes in the basket before you checkout.
Use code ZG0333 for £30 off
Hope this helps.
This code or for first time customer use only, also you need to actually open an account with them

£69.00

_http://www.greatuniversal.com/rf/gus/navigation/product.do?Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&SNtt=Sony+Ericsson+W580i&groupId=429465645&Nu=this_product&SNtk=littlewoods_search&Np=1&SN=85+103&Ntt=429465645&D=429465645&Ntk=group_search&Dx=mode%2bmatchall&thisprod=429465645&N=85+103&Nty=1&Mis_item_id=15&Mis_item_loc_id=1&product=429465645

Other comparison - £169.00

_http://www.ukphoneshop.com/payg_list.asp

or ebay £140.00

(cheers m8 link now sorted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm low on money at the mo and can't afford the £58 quid to be taken out of my account right now.

If I select the £5 per month over 20 weeks option. There is definitely no kind of lump sum to pay of any amount up front?

Sorry about this noob question. First time ordering from any catalogue.

EDIT: I think they're not giving me the £30 discount now it's not showing up in the checkout.

EDIT 2: I had to remove both codes from my check out by clicking the x and then start over. £59.10 it is then :)

EDIT 3: Just ordered it now guys for £59.10. Thanks a lot for everyone's contribution.

Best. Forum. Ever!

Last edited:
Thanks mate just ordered 2 under different names...£59.10 each...

the second one makes a great christmas present for my daughter...:littleang

Thanks, Just ordered one for £59.10. Great Find.

great find guys:) , I just ordered mine for 59 quid, one thing i am bit confused on is that I signed up for a account but during the registration process I wasn't asked for my bank details or cc number or anything but still my order got processed and i got a confirmation of delivery of the phone on the 10th of october , how do we pay them?

nice 1 mate
will look into getting 1

cheers

didn work 4 me :-(

Thank you for choosing to shop at www.greatuniversal.com

Unfortunately we are unable to process your recent order as our records show you are not eligible for the promotional discount applied to your order. Terms and conditions apply. Therefore we are unable to process the order with the promotion.

However, if you wish you can re-submit the order without the promotion if the goods are still required by logging on to www.greatuniversal.com.

We look forward to seeing you online soon!

didn work 4 me :-(

Thank you for choosing to shop at www.greatuniversal.com

Unfortunately we are unable to process your recent order as our records show you are not eligible for the promotional discount applied to your order. Terms and conditions apply. Therefore we are unable to process the order with the promotion.

However, if you wish you can re-submit the order without the promotion if the goods are still required by logging on to www.greatuniversal.com.

We look forward to seeing you online soon!

Try a friend or relatives address...
Ive just ordered another two tonight...

won't let me use codes if i pay by card...have to select the weekly options and i can't select more than one... How do you pay for example the 20 week option?

won't let me use codes if i pay by card...have to select the weekly options and i can't select more than one... How do you pay for example the 20 week option?
I've not actually ordered one but AFAIK you get a statement with paying in slip and/or payment book to pay at either your bank or their nominated bank (if you pay at any other bank you may be charged a clearing fee).

There may be an option online to pay via debit/credit card once the order has been dispatched.

You may also be able to pay via debit card or set up a DD over the phone. The number should be on your statment.

Wll it seemed to go through ok, but i have now recieved an e-mail saying credit was refused, but i can contact them to pay by credit/debit card. I'm guessing if i do this then the discount codes won't apply.

My phone arrived today. On the invoice I got it says Total Value 89.10 ?????

I logged into the greatuniversal site and it says my balance is 59.10

I have a feeling there is gonna be a cockup somewhere and I'll have to pay the full whack.

@johnthehun I'm not sure about the payment method but I signed in to the greatuniversal site to check it out:

*Minimum payment to reach us by 22/10/2007 £4.56
Balance £59.10

But I selected the option to pay back over a 12 month period paying about £1.76 if I remember correctly. Now they are requesting £4.56 for this month?

Anyhow, next to the account summary is a "make payment" button and says I can pay by direct debit.

Hope that helps mate.

Well i managed to sign up under a different name after the first failed and even though my invoice stated i was to pay £59.10, my account information, when i login, order status indicates the total to be £89.10 :(

I too have a feeling this is going to be a 'mare' to sort out.

Probably best for anyone else to avoid this deal as it's not panning out as it should.

My phone arrived today. On the invoice I got it says Total Value 89.10 ?????

I logged into the greatuniversal site and it says my balance is 59.10

I have a feeling there is gonna be a cockup somewhere and I'll have to pay the full whack.

@johnthehun I'm not sure about the payment method but I signed in to the greatuniversal site to check it out:

*Minimum payment to reach us by 22/10/2007 £4.56
Balance £59.10

But I selected the option to pay back over a 12 month period paying about £1.76 if I remember correctly. Now they are requesting £4.56 for this month?

Anyhow, next to the account summary is a "make payment" button and says I can pay by direct debit.

Hope that helps mate.

i just did the same as you and i went into acount straight away and it said this
Date of Order Time of Order Total Value 01/10/2007 18:53 £89.10
Catalogue Number Description Quantity Original Delivery Date Expected Delivery Date Status PF485 S/ERICSSON W580 GREY ORANGE ONE COLOUR ONE SIZE
1 10/10/2007 10/10/2007 Order Being Processed

so see what happens when it comes
i can always send it back

Back