Some help with Spanish channels

mickq

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Firstly, let me say thank you so much to all the people who have given help in these forums. They've *nearly* got me up and running, which is the reason for this post. I would like to receive Spanish channels so that I can practice the language. My set up is a fixed, 80cm dish pointing at Hispasat 1C/D, with a Dreambox 500S. I have installed

- The Gemini image, version 3.6
- Mgcamd 1.24 (dated 17/6/07 I think)
- SoftKeys.Key into the /var/keys folder of the Dreambox

The Dreambox was then rebooted.

I have followed a number of tutorials on this site but, unfortunately, I still cannot view the channels I'd like to view, namely: Fox, National Geographic, MTV channels, TVE Internacional, Discovery, Paramount Comedy etc (also, some prawn wouldn't go amiss! ;-) ).

I have some questions that I hope somebody can help me out with:

- After installing the Mgcamd cam I could not find the mg_camd config file in /var/keys as indicated in another thread. I need to update this config file so that it automatically updates the keys. Where should it be on my machine if not /var/keys? I have searched the entire file system and it does not exist, AFAIK.

- What else do I have to do to get the channels working?

TIA for any help.

if you have downloaded the cam from the blue button install menu then you also have to download the config for it as well m8, in the same menu you have cams and configs, download the config for mgcamd and it will then be in there, its the softcam file you then edit the keys on to keep your viewing going ;)

Thanks, digidude. I downloaded the config file, edited so that it autoupdates so that I now have:

# key update
# 01 update only new keys, default setting
# 02 update all keys (used for valid PMK checking)
U: { 04 }

I then rebooted the Dreambox. I am definitely using the Mgcam because on boot the message "Starting Mgcam1.24" (or similar, I can't remember) is displayed. The problem is, I still can't see any of the channels I want to view.

Any other thoughts?

are you using the SoftCam.Key file from here?
Make sure that is in var/keys file and spelt correctly & case sensitive- SoftCam.Key

Last edited:
Thanks, pinkhelmet. The SoftCam.key file is the latest one posted by ramraider on the sticky thread in this forum. The name of the file was wrong, it was SoftCam.Key. I changed it to be SoftCam.key and rebooted the Dreambox. Unfortunately, I still can't see the channels.

Could it be anything else?

I really appreciate your help.

I forgot to add that when I tune into the channel, say Paramount Comedy, I can see the listings on the info bar but there is no sound or picture.

these are copied from my reciever m8, im also using 1.24 ;)

unzip them and copy them to your reciever in the var/keys folder

restart your cam by pressing the blue then green button (ensure mgcamd 1.24 is the selected cam at the top) and you should be sorted ;)

EDIT: none of them need renaming m8, just copied into your key folder

Thanks, digidude. I copied your keys in. Unfortunately I still can't see a picture.

Are you sure I don't need to rename the file suffixes to ".key" instead of leaving them at ".Key" as suggested by pinkhelmet, above?

Can you give me the name of a channel you can see?

ok m8 i cocked up, now you have the softcam file unzipped, right click it and open with notepad, a few lines up from the bottom youll see 2 lines that start with N 4101 and N 4102, delete these and replace with the following

N 4101 00 DB4461CCC28D99D8EF6156B431A10F63 ; 25-08-2007
N 4101 01 51A10F6E09D37A79CB489F7329D6A751 ; 26-08-2007
N 4101 02 44a558042cbf046a2302bf3b5a9dea53

and over write the file in your reciever, it dont need renaming, im watching taquilla 5 at the mo with it

Perfect! Thanks a lot.

What do those lines actually signify? I noticed the key file you gave me is lacking any comments and looks far more complete than the one I downloaded from the sticky thread in this forum.

How do I keep the SoftCam.Key file up to date?

the keys are made up of a few parts

N 4101 00 DB4461CCC28D99D8EF6156B431A10F63 ; 25-08-2007

N is for Nagra (the encryption) 4101 is the providor identity, in this case Digital+ 00 is the key identity (can also be 01, 10, 11, 21 and others) and the rest is the actual decryption key followed by the date of release or other optional additional information

to keep the key up to date you simply over write the key with a new one, youll notice that it starts N 4101. you could delete a lot of the keys in the file i sent as they are for other providors on other satellites, or if its only D+ you want delete them all and only have the keys in the last post. itll make it easier for you to navigate then as new keys are available for other packages on 30W you can add them as you need to

Back