Some help please

There not the same but my modified modem has my old ntl modems ip address and when i change the mac address, the ip stays the same, so do the rest of the details

What ip is it that stays the same ..??? can you post a screenshot of what you are on about if possable .

Regards

The modified modem, ive tryed two different mac addresses but the ip address and all the other details just stay the same even though on the modems page it shows that the mac address has changed

this is what i do

unplug my ntl modem, open smac and change the last two digits, disable and enable my internet connection, then plug in my modified modem (without the internet cable) and open netboot and click on netboot, then go to the modems page and go to the hack tab and then enter a mac address, it says changes will be made after restart so i unplug my modem, plug in back in (with the internet cable) and do the ipconfig command, then go back to the modems page and it shows that the mac has changed but the ip address stays the same in command prompt and on network details

What other details are the same ?? , When you change the mac and re-connect the feed do you do the ipconfig/release ,ipconfig/renew commands ??

Regards

Yes

the details that are the same are

ip address, subnet mask and gateway

thats on both the macs ive tryed, all details stay the same

I can understand the subnet and gateway being the same ,, but the ip itself should change if you install a different mac. does doing a full reboot of modem and pc not alter this when you change the macs.

Regards

No it still stays the same :(

im 99% sure the ip thats stuck on the modified modem is my old ip from my ntl modem

Well can you just check ,,an ip doesn`t become "stuck" as it is assigned by the isp everytime the modem reboots.

Regards

When i done it yesterday it stayed the same but ill try again and report back

i cant do it this minute as my sisters online and she will get disconnected when i unplug my modem, so ill have to wait untill she comes off

once the ip starts changing (if it ever does) will i then be set to go?

Yes m8 , if the ip is different which i`m 100% sure it will be then you are good to go.

Regards

Hopfully it will change :)

shall i change the mac on it then unplug the modified modem and turn it back on as my computers starting back up

or

change the mac address on it unplug it, plug it back in do the ipconfig command then restart my computer and turn the modem off and then back on while my computers starting back up

Change the mac , then unplug the modem ,, then reboot the pc and modem at the same time .

Regards

Ok thanks

if that doesnt work is there anything else i could try just incase you arent online

That is about it m8 ,, i think all the options that you can do have been reported in this thread,,but the ip will be different as long as the macs aren`t the same ,,so i don`t see a problem...enjoy.

Regards

I have a feeling this isnt going to work but maybe thats because i havent had much luck with it so far, i really hope it does

if it doesnt work shall i record me changing the mac address and unplugging my modem and doing the ipconfig command so you can check im doing everything right

Yes m8 , take screenshots of everything , that way we can double check just in case.

Regards

ahh it didnt work :( it just gave me the same ip address on both the macs i tryed

im going to record me doing it now

Ok the modems working fine now, thanks to Koevoets help on the forum and msn :)

i changed the nic mac to something different when putting in a different mac address like Koevoet suggested and it worked :)

Back