Some help please

DIZGUIZER

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just plugged my modem in and i cant see anywhere to enter a mac address, i have a SB4200e and its running modifded fiberware

any help please

Will this work?

Click START > RUN and type in 'CMD' without the ' then press ENTER.
Then type: telnet 192.168.100.1 then press ENTER
Then type: factdef then press ENTER
Now enter you MAC address in the first field then press ENTER
Now enter the MAC again but go one higher then press ENTER
Now keep pressing enter till you reach the option to update settings to modem and press 'Y', wait a min and reboot the modem.
Done
Once you have the modem online enter: http://192.168.100.1/04-cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm to get 10MB.

Ok i just tryed that and everything seemed to go fine the ip address changed after i reboot the modem but when i put http://192.168.100.1/04-cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm in my web browser nothing happend, the page tryed loading then just said done in the bottom left hand corner but i couldnt see the page and that happened with every page i tryed

m8 you need to use the quick sb4200E guide.
as the firmware works but you cant change the mac or stuff you gotta use netboot and snmp 225 and hack page to change the details you want then reboot and your up and sorted.

Thanks for the reply, i have that guide but it didnt come with any files :( and it also said i need to load netboot in a certain folder and im abit confused if im meant to make the folder

all i done m8 was extract all files and run netboot that ws it.
use hack page and chancged me config and changed the mac and it run like a dream.
i then took details out and slung the thing in the cupbaord lol just wanted to see if i could do it..

DIZGUIZER said:
lol, could you give me a link to the one you downloaded with all the files please?
cant find it now so ill upload seeing as loads are using it lately...

linked said:
cant find it now so ill upload seeing as loads are using it lately...

Thanks alot, do i plug my cable feed into the SB4200e while doing this or just the ethernet cable?

noooo
lol
just ehternet and power cord that all .
then i count to 5 hit the boot over ????
and wait for all the coble do gook and stuff and the hack page and the world is your internet ?? or something like that. ?

: mr ed :

I done evrything it said and it was going fine but when i pressed Boot over network it restarted the modem like it was meant to but then i got this error

Sending reset request...ok
Waiting for CM to boot...error (snmp not responding)

the modem came back on but the receive light was flashing and then that came up ^^

I just tryed getting back to the fiberware page and its still not working, it loads like its going to load the page but then nothing comes up

Ok i just got one step further after reading some topics i set the snmp port to 255 and the modem restarted fine just like in the picture of the tutorial but i still cant access the built in page in the modem it just says done after awhile but the page doesnt show up, once i can get the page to show up i should be done :)

does anyone know why the page isnt showing up and how i can get it to show?

I had a proxy on thats why i couldnt get to the modem page, i followed the tutorial and tryed upgrading the firmware and the modem restarted but the page still carried on like it was uploading the file after about 5minutes i just stopped the page and put in

http://192.168.100.1/04-cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm

and in the Fcoax tab it said

Configuration file on next boot: cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm

i then changed the mac address like in the tutorial (through telnet) but when i restarted my modem with the cable feed in, it still had the same ip address and pages wouldnt load so i changed it to auto ip but then it had the same ip addresses as when my ntl modem was in

what am i doing wrong?

DIZGUIZER said:
I had a proxy on thats why i couldnt get to the modem page, i followed the tutorial and tryed upgrading the firmware and the modem restarted but the page still carried on like it was uploading the file after about 5minutes i just stopped the page and put in

http://192.168.100.1/04-cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm

and in the Fcoax tab it said

i then changed the mac address like in the tutorial (through telnet) but when i restarted my modem with the cable feed in, it still had the same ip address and pages wouldnt load so i changed it to auto ip but then it had the same ip addresses as when my ntl modem was in

what am i doing wrong?
people either smac the lan card mac or use a seperate lan card for you hacked modem.
never use the same lan card atleast not without smac and changing you mac on it first.
and remember when using new modem dont use your email account from you subbed modem on it ...

I have been using smac :), lol i couldnt get to my email account even if i wanted on my hacked modem

DOCSIS Configuration File Information
Current 'Config' file name: Configuration file has not been fetched.

Configuration buffer:
No TFTP Info available

i just tryed the modem again and put a different mac on it and it still says the config file hasnt been fetched, is there something i need to change for it to run in eurodocsis becausei think it might be running in docsis

Back