Some help please

it`s a combination of cpc2-lewi6-X-X & cpc1-lewi6-X-X that shows it is on a diff. gateway .

Regards

If it wasnt for you two (linked and Koevoet) i think i would have given up ages ago, thanks alot, im going to add to both of your reputations

i just have one more question, would you be worryed that the address on the ntl modem isnt the one you had yesterday? or would you just add the 10mb config to the surfboard and forget about the ip changing on the ntl modem?

edit: and yes you are right, people are very helpull here i thought i would have been left ages ago

Last edited:
The ip wouldn`t of changed on your subbed it would just be the old one from the sb still on your pc ,,don`t worry about it,, just add the 10 meg config to the sb and enjoy.

Regards

Is there anyway i could have changed the mac on this ntl modem because ive never had an ip like this and i just restarted my computer and the ntl modem got the surfboards modem page address as an ip how can i stop it from doing this and check if it has the right mac?

The sb`s and ambits have the same web interface addy 192.168.100.1.

Regards

i just started a torrent and it downloaded at 120kbs on the ntl modem (my max download before) and i started a torrent with the surfboard after and it went over 750kbs, so if i had some how flashed the ntl modem i wouldnt have the speed i always have had would i?

also to get the ntl modem to the ip address i have to click repair or wait otherwise it stays as 192.168.100.1 is this normal or is there anything i have to worry about? im happy with the speed on the surfboard but i just want to make sure everythings the same on the ntl modem

I just tryed changing the mac address on the surfboard becuase i think it may be my old ip address and its not working??

Have you tried both methods ,,telnet and netboot

Regards

sorry i took so long i had dinner

i changed the mac address using netboot, i tested a 1mb mac and a 2mb mac and both ips were the same

i done the ipconfig command aswell

It`s impossable for them to have the same ip m8,, the problem has to be on your pc . you are either not releasing the ip or you are missing something in the process.

Regards

This is what i done

opened netboot set SNMP port to 225 then clicked on Boot over network, once that was done i went to the hack page put in a new mac address and clicked save then i turned of my modem and turned it back without the cable feed in to see if the mac had changed on the modems page and it had so i turned the modem off again and put the cable feed back in and then done the same with the other mac address

i think it may be some software on my computer because ive had trouble before doing certain things, i take online courses and the flash page wouldnt load right but for my dad it worked fine then i tested it on my sisters computer and it worked fine, the problem is i have to many programs installed to even know what one it is, i could move all my stuff on my external drive and then reformat but then i would lose the internet settings and i would have to ask ntl for another cd and ring them up for the acoount details, if theres a way i can save the internet settings then ill reformat and see if it works then

do you think the same software could be some how messing with this?
also do you know a way i could back up all my internet settings so i wouldnt have to ring ntl for my account details and reinstall the internet?

All you need is your email and password ,,you don`t need any installation cd m8 , if you format the pc and re-install windows , it should detect your internet connection automatically.

Regards

I dont have an email with ntl, thay offered me 10 free ones when we got the internet but i didnt ring up to get them set up

when i first installed the internet i had to use a cd and there was a screen where i had to enter my mums account details, i think it was a name and password

I honestly doubt you will need it ,,if you do you could always phone them and ask for the details ,,but if you think how many people are connected the "other" way , i`m pretty sure they are not using any account details to log on .

Regards

Thats a good point

im not really sure what the cd was for as i didnt know nothing about computers or the internet then, i think it might of been to set it up or activate something

im abit worried abut ringing and asking because thay might say we have noticed strange activity in the last few days on your account or something like that, since the surfboard kept getting my ntl modems mac and ip and then my ntl modem ip changed to a strange one and it still has it

Beleive me when i say the ip never changed and i am 100% sure that they won`t have a clue about any odd activity .

Regards

The ip has changed because ive never had an ip like this on my ntl modem and i have a static ip so it doesnt change that much and when it does i notice it, the surfboard ip address is more like what my ntl modem was, it starts with 82 and the ntl modems ip address now starts with 86

you have reassured me abit by saying you dont think thay will have a clue and i suppose even if thay did question me i could say this

"i added some one to msn from a forum and after a disagreement he said he was going to hack me and he pasted my ip, i asked on another forum how to change my ip and thay said just reboot your modem but nothing happend, then thay said i must have a static ip, so i searched google for an ip changer and clicked change, then my interent wouldnt work it right, thats why im reinstalling it"

with a soft voice and act like i dont know nothing about computers

you think that would be enough IF thay did question me about it?

Back