Some help please

Your too paranoid m8 ,, if they did ask any questions tell them to f-off , and tell them there modems are crap , plain and simple ,,,but beleive me you won`t have any issues .

Regards

lol i am abit, just i didnt want anything happening to the ntl modem because then it couldnt come back on me, now i think something has

tomorrow ill back up all my stuff and then reformat, hopfully this modem will work fine then :)

I wouldn`t worry about that too much ..it might be the same as what tw did ,gave out a cd wgich installed crap on the pc and made your browser allocate the isp as the home page, ,,,if clones are running with out this disc then your subbed will work .

Regards

I reformatted and your right i didnt need any cd :)
but both mac addresses still have the same ip address?

Does anyone know why thay still have the same ip?
the mac addresses do change but the ip just stays the same and after changing the mac i do the ipconfig command

Where do you see that they have the same ip ?? in your cmd window or are you looking somewhere else?

Regards

If the hfc mac is different on both modems and you release and renew the ip on connecting the modems to the pc ,,then there is no way you can have the same ip.

Regards

I tryed a 1mb mac on the sb4200e then a 2mb mac on it and both macs give the modem the same ip, when i look in command prompt everythings the same, the ip, the subnet mask and the gateway

the ntl modem has a different ip but both the mac addresses i have tryed on the sb4200e give the same details

hi m8,

I am no expert in this cable modem section yet, but i am waiting for my sb4200e should come tomorrow hopefully! anyways wat area are you in? because sb200e is for excw area.

Last edited:
Im in south london and on excw, the modems the right one i just cant work out whats going on, i can download with it at very fast speeds but the ip on the modem looks like my old ntl modem and when i change the mac address the ip doesnt change :(

ive had it a week now and not got it working right because of this problem

i'm sorry to here that m8, I hope you do get it woking soon, I would love to help you out, but dn;t have a clue about this stuff yet!

So if you can dl, of the internet wats the problem then when you can connect to the internet!

P.s can't you go into your network settings under tcp/ip tab, change the setting to automatically assign ip address, I say this becuse I am having the same problem as you but with a router i've had it since sunday and I still can't get the bitch to work,.

So do i, if it wasnt for Koevoet i dont know what i would have done, i would probably have given up by now

i can download fine with the modem but when i change the mac address on it, it gives me the same ip address for both the mac addresses ive tryed and the ips meant to change when you put in a different mac address

whats worrying me abit is that its not changing and im sure its the ip that was on my normal ntl modem thats why im not downloading with it, once the ip changes (like its meant to when i change the mac address) ill be happy and start downloading :) (if that day ever comes)

my settings are already set to that

Ok try this ,,insert a mac on the modified modem , then reboot the modem and reboot the pc ,,check the ip , then connect your subbed modem ,but reboot the pc again and see if it gives you a different ip.

Regards

Koevoet thanks for not giving up on me :)

my ntl modem and modified modem have different ips but
the modified modem has my old ntl ip address and when i change the mac address and do the ipconfig commad the ip doesnt change or do any of the other details, i tryed changing the mac address and then restarting my computer but the modified modems ip still doesnt change, it shows on the modems page that the mac address has changed but the ip or any other details dont change

once the details are changing would i then be set to go?

I`m a bit lost now ,,you stated that the modems have different ip`s , but then you go on to say they are the same again,, do me a favour connect your ntl modem goto command prompt and do an ipconfig then post the first 2 and last 3 digits of your ip here ,, then connect the modified modem , reboot the pc and post the ip of that here as well.

Regards

The ips are different but the modified modem has my ntl modems old ip address and when i change the mac address on it, the ip address and the other details stay the same, its like its stuck with it

ntl modem: 86.x.x7.83

modified modem: 82.xx.xxx.227

From what i see the ip`s are different so there is no problem ,,i`m not understanding which ones are the same as your ip`s are different.

Regards

Back