some help/ advice for an old noob

jaycee1

Inactive User
Reaction score
aah its good to be back, ive been away for a while now im looking at getting a new sat setup, ive been lookin at some boxes from fleebay skybox etc.
just now ive only got freesat, can anyone recommend a new box for a fixed dish, also any recommended sellers. thanks.

hey jaycee, welcome back, it all depends on your price range and features you want. List everything you want the box to have/do and I'm sure one of the experts will point you in the right direction

If you looking it for a cardsharing client here are two recomendations.

Skybox F3 (also know as M3, openbox s9-16) HD PVR, good picture PVR seems ok the small bit I have used it. around £60
Technomate TM500 SD no PVR, great picture enigma 1, around £70

For ease of use the TM500 wins hands down, really easy to download channel lists and they can be tweaked by adding your favs, the wifes, brats etc.
The Skybox has the HD and PVR function but in my opinion its a horrible box to navigate through and its just not worth the effort.

These are my opnions, I'm sure others will differ.

cheers for the replies, I think I will go for the skybox to start with, then I might dig out my old motorised setup and annoy the neighbours again.

Back