solo2

asim79

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, i need help with a solo 2, i have the cccam but i need an image for the box and i dont know which image to use. i want to view one channel whilst record another one.
the package says it allows twin tuners
so what image and how do i install a cccam plugin
thank you
asim

Which image to use is all going to be down to personal choice. Mine would be Blackhole.

On Blackhole you would FTP the cam to the tmp folder

Then you press the green then yellow buttons and then manual install.

Select the Cam and press OK.

I'm a newbie to all this and received my solo2 a couple of days ago.

As Ferret says, it is down to personal choice.

I've gone with OpenVIX 3.x as this seems to be a good one for newbies to the scene. My wife likes it - which is the most important thing!

You'll need to setup an EPG like crossepg which comes pre-installed on the VIX image.

Will likely load Blackhole in a couple of weeks just to see if it is a better user experience etc.

Viewing one channels whilst recording another will be available on all images.

You need to realise that you will have to get hands dirty at some point by transferring files from your PC to the solo box via ftp.

You'll need a file transfer program like Dreambox Control Centre

You'll need to ftp the cam file to the satellite box and then google how to install it on the image you choose.

If you go for VIX 3.x, and need help, I'll try and help as much as I can.

I'm a newbie to all this and received my solo2 a couple of days ago.

As Ferret says, it is down to personal choice.

I've gone with OpenVIX 3.x as this seems to be a good one for newbies to the scene. My wife likes it - which is the most important thing!

You'll need to setup an EPG like crossepg which comes pre-installed on the VIX image.

Will likely load Blackhole in a couple of weeks just to see if it is a better user experience etc.

Viewing one channels whilst recording another will be available on all images.

You need to realise that you will have to get hands dirty at some point by transferring files from your PC to the solo box via ftp.

You'll need a file transfer program like Dreambox Control Centre

You'll need to ftp the cam file to the satellite box and then google how to install it on the image you choose.

If you go for VIX 3.x, and need help, I'll try and help as much as I can.

Hi if you use the VIX image manager and do a back up and FTP back up to computer you just use that on your usb to put it back after experimenting only take 2 mins and its back to how it was..Great way to do things

Blackhole also has full image backup capabilities, it also has personal backup which backs up the thing you add to a image. This feature is usefull when new version comes out all you need to do is flash new image then load your personal backup.

In ViX you have two methods of creating backups.

1 Backup manager.

This method allows you to create a full settings backup, including all installed plugins, you can customise this to include any file or directory in the image you want.

Backups created with the backup manager can be restored either through the FIW ( first install wizard ) or directly from within the backup manager it self. This method id best used for when you need to do a full fresh flash allowing you to restore your settings and plugins in seconds.

2. Image manager.

This method allows you to create a full 1 to 1 backup of your entire image.

This backup can then be transferred to a USB stick and flashed back to the receiver the same as any other image.

you can also download any image contained on the ViX servers for your box via the image manager, handy for when you need to perform a full fresh flash.

you can restore any backup made from the image manager directly through the image manager it self, and last but not least you can flash any image from any team directly from the image manager without the need for a USB stick all at the click of a few buttons, without needing to touch the box in any way at all.

Last edited:
For what you want to do , I suggest downloading one of the backup images from the download section... you will start off with the tspanel, cross epg etc and I reckon the blackhole images are the ones to go for.... Look slick, work great and have an awful lot of options.. And recording and watching at the same time is possible with your box regardless of what image you are using , it just needs to be setup correctly so that both tuners are set to the same signal e.g. astra 28.2 (if you're using one satellite ) and after initialising the hard drive you can jump straight into it...you could also try permanent timeshift which is also in the ts panel which allows you to rewind live telly... hope that helps a little..

Back