Solo2 Jtag

I doubt it. Otherwise we'd have to solder a new flash everytime. Making the jtag pointless.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's a cypress jtag board as mentioned in the pdf

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Its not the cypress board its some other type of jtag interface P701 maybe

Here is a pic of the cypress board

seemingly the cypress board CY7C68013A can be used with these connections and the jumper removed.

CYPRESS.jpg

Thank u verry mutch @henry!!!We had a lot of people whom confirmed that we could use this board for JTAG but we were not assure about the connection,ure image cleares this up!Now i have to wait till my board arrives and then i am going to test it!

Last edited by a moderator:
seemingly the cypress board CY7C68013A can be used with these connections and the jumper removed.

View attachment 81918

Yeah same version as the picture i posted that version works fine as its the single jumper version

Did a jtag guide using that version and unbricked my ibox 3 and a old VU+ solo. They work well.

@Ferret as you have experience with JTAG,some people say that the Chip might be write protected,what do you think about that?

@Ferret as you have experience with JTAG,some people say that the Chip might be write protected,what do you think about that?

If your talking about the solo2 then ive not done or tried to do one mate, rumour was the timebomb also write protected it. Who knows mate not sure anyone has tried to jtag one yet.

Ive read some topics about the Cloud box 3 what did have the same problem,as the solo2,and i did see ure PDF about it...According my Chinese the Solo2 chip ISNT write protected,but i have read a few members saying that it was,so thats why the confussion,but ure right we will only find this out when the BCM files will be public and the boards are arrive

Last edited:
Well... I've had a new one soldered and v3 installed. So fingers crossed... If it is write protected... I'm safe now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have a cypress board but it's pretty useless without BBM tools that support the SOLO2 Chipset..Im surprised that these havent surgaced yet considering they are freely available for the DUO, SOLO, UTIMO etc.

A German user tried to make a connection and this was the outcome  " the starting offset is in bad block " so he thinks the timebomb caked the chip...But we will know this when well get the BCM msi file and the tools...

A German user tried to make a connection and this was the outcome  " the starting offset is in bad block " so he thinks the timebomb caked the chip...But we will know this when well get the BCM msi file and the tools...
dirk can u not get the file off him

@paddy i think he was trying to make a connection with the Chip,and then he got that message...The BCM file we need is a step later,after u made the connection,he asks for the File...The German guy was trying to find out what the outcome would be if he was going to make the connection!

But again,we dont know for sure,lets wait till we all got oure BBS tool and off course the BCM files,then we can find that out by ourselfs!

@masa you cant download it yet because Lonrisun hasnt placed it public yet!

Last edited:
then the file is in the download area contains the bcm97346

Hi,
to make the jtag, it is necessary the bcm97346.msi?
Who is Lonrisun? and he will publish the software chip?

thank you

Hi,
to make the jtag, it is necessary the bcm97346.msi?
Who is Lonrisun? and he will publish the software chip?

thank you

Its not an .msi file mate.
Lonrisun are the supplier of the boxes so hopefully they will release with time.

These flash cips are not write protected unless there midway through shutdown or boot up.
hence the reason they got wiped first time around.

jtag method is useless without the chipset drivers..

easier still to change the flash chip! If anyone needs help pm me.

Back