Solo2 Jtag

Raz,so u are saying theres NO WRITE PROTECTION on the chip?If we should have the tool and de BCM file,we could Jtag the damned thing?

For whom want to order the JTAG tool Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Developer Board,Be Carefull!!!!There are 2 versions of this board,one with 1 and the otherone with 2 Jumpers.And it looks like that only the version with 1 jumper is working!So please be carefull if u want to buy this,buy the version with 1 Jumper!!here are the pics so you can see the difference!:

board 1fake.jpg This one is the Version with 2 jumpers,so it wouldnt work!

board 2real.jpg This one is the Version with one jumper,and this one should work for JTAG of the Solo2 clone

I wish you could get xbmc on these. Would be immense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

For whom want to order the JTAG tool Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Developer Board,Be Carefull!!!!There are 2 versions of this board,one with 1 and the otherone with 2 Jumpers.And it looks like that only the version with 1 jumper is working!So please be carefull if u want to buy this,buy the version with 1 Jumper!!here are the pics so you can see the difference!:

View attachment 81996 This one is the Version with 2 jumpers,so it wouldnt work!

View attachment 81997 This one is the Version with one jumper,and this one should work for JTAG of the Solo2 clone

My board is ordered but can anyone with one please advise what cable to use to connect board to PC?
It looks like a mini usb to usb but a link would be great.

My board is ordered but can anyone with one please advise what cable to use to connect board to PC?
It looks like a mini usb to usb but a link would be great.
It is a Mini usb cable and I use 1p-1p female to Female jumper wire Dupont cable for Arduino Breadboard

Auction site is full of the stuff usually 40pcs you just strip 4 off and use that fits the pins of the cypress perfectly.

I'm going to use the wire from an old parrallel port printer cable I have lying around.

It is a Mini usb cable and I use 1p-1p female to Female jumper wire Dupont cable for Arduino Breadboard

Auction site is full of the stuff usually 40pcs you just strip 4 off and use that fits the pins of the cypress perfectly.

Thanks Ferret. Have Dupont female already just need the cable.
Cheers for info

You can in a sense...

Ah really? What am I looking for? Or is it similar to how some people stream channels? Another thing... Tsmedia. How do I counter my isp blocking streaming sites on the solo 2? I know the pc has free alternatives.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thank u @soleros... Now we have to buy or make these cables our selfs...My BBS tool arrives in 7 days so i will searching...

Last edited by a moderator:
D2zet can you make a big picture of tthis cable and where did you get this?

Stick Female to Female Breadboard Jumper Wire Ribbon Cable

Into a search engine or ebay etc..

thats what u need...

Hope you guys can get the JTAG to work.
All your work will be much appreciated.
Will follow this thread and buy myself one when it's working
Received my solo2 mini today and will open it up tomorrow to build in my HDD.
At the same moment l'll check what chips are inside.
Anything else I have to take notice of the inside?

How come we have everything except the BCM97346? Even the solo2-bin and a pdf instruction file?
I have the cypress board ready and waiting as soon as we get the missing file.
I thought when I saw tha "Broadbanstudio 3 for Solo2 Clone Jtag" and the bin file that we had everything ready. It wasn't until I read to the end of this thread that I realized that we're not quite there yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely some third party JTAG software can be developed when support for the bcm chip set in the solo2. That's was used for cable pace and Samsung boxes in the past I.e: there was never any official pace or samsung software for this purpose . maybe the developers for JTAG software used on routers with broadcom chipsets can help..I.e the software used to dump the flash on routers for ddwrt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is t not possible,with the BB Tools and Beoadcomstudio file,we are able to READ the BCM file from a good and working one?

Back