Solo2 Jtag

cheers boys but i sent the motherboard back to the suppliers

cheers boys but i sent the motherboard back to the suppliers

would be useful if you can get your supplier to answer what caused your problem with the blank VFD & unflashable & how they fixed it

i am sure that would be invaluable information to the community if we could get it

Hi

I have the same issue, dead box, no VFD won't flash but have power light and LED flashing on LAN but can't see box on router.

The box came with B.H. 2.0.9. which I tried for a few hours then decided to flash openvix zeus.016 which worked well for about a day then the box froze and now I am in the dead box zone.

I am currently speaking to the suppliers and they are suggesting to change some components, which ones I don not know as I am waiting for a reply. I will keep you's informed of the progress and hopefully they will shed some light on why this is happening.

Cheers

Hi

I have the same issue, dead box, no VFD won't flash but have power light and LED flashing on LAN but can't see box on router.

The box came with B.H. 2.0.9. which I tried for a few hours then decided to flash openvix zeus.016 which worked well for about a day then the box froze and now I am in the dead box zone.

I am currently speaking to the suppliers and they are suggesting to change some components, which ones I don not know as I am waiting for a reply. I will keep you's informed of the progress and hopefully they will shed some light on why this is happening.

Cheers

Sorry to hear your problem.there is it seems a bad bunch of boxes coming out of china..it is so far a fault on the mother board and sending it back is what others have done.
I would love to know what it is.goes wrong just flashing a different image to what it came with..strange..

Hi

Cheers

Which components the seller has advised u to change .. kindly tell us may be some one can understand and advise u also

hi fellas, any update on this thread, or i may have to send my box back..

I've put the question to my seller too. I've raised a dispute as they sent it via the wrong postage method though. Said if I don't drop dispute they won't support me. So mentioned the above problem. See if I get a reply. If they can't help I'll be proceeding with dispute anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My clone received 07/04/14 BH came with 2.0.9 and it worked fine. I put another picture in Meobot and well, but the next day green screen shot and died. I have spoken to the supplier and told me if I knew how to put the damaged components and told him 'no, so I may have to send it to China.

Well I do not know, only that the power button only lights and other dead

Well I do not know, only that the power button only lights and other dead

Seems
U peoples dont know to operate and bricking every 2nd box/per day or its an manufacturing fault that . but one thing is sure the suppliers knows whats the problem . i have seen a repaired board . nothing is changed or replaced in it . seems they have just upgraded again or done something like that

Seems
U peoples dont know to operate and bricking every 2nd box/per day or its an manufacturing fault that . but one thing is sure the suppliers knows whats the problem . i have seen a repaired board . nothing is changed or replaced in it . seems they have just upgraded again or done something like that

Dont think it has anything to do with owners ability or knowledge of the solo 2 clone..All they are doing is flashing a different image to the one the box shipped with and it screws up their box..dont know why but thats it.

The other thing that seems to be common is that they turn off and power off their boxes which is something that I never ever do, I just leave my box in quick standby and only ever power off if there's a problem or I need to do something to the box.

But i always power off my box from back switch whenever i leave the room

Here I say the same http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/378201-anyone-got-chinese-vu-197.html
I received my vu clone solo2 in February and updated it with USB_FPGA_UPDATE according AJT and everything great. Today has stuck with meobot multiple images and supports all: VIX Zeus, OpenATV all.
On 07/04/14 I received another clone vu solo2 BH and it came with 2.0.9 and updated it to 2.0.9.1 well and good, but then green screen shot and killed.
I spoke to the supplier and he told me that if I knew repair and I said no. Today I sent a letter to China certificate (airplane) and cost me € 38.55, hope it repaired soon.

I think that need a patched vu+utilities, like patched DreamUP for Dreambox. But where is take?

Hi People

I have received more information from the supplier on how to fix this issue. Basically they are recommending me to desolder a chip and they will send out a new one for me to replace. The chip that needs replaced is the Samsung k9f2g08u0b (or thats what it is on my board). Its the chip nearest the card reader assembly. They have sent me a couple of videos on how to replace this chip (which I will upload once I find out how).

However this is beyond my comfort level, I have a decent skill level with electronics but reslodering a chip that looks like it was flow soldered to the board originally is not my kind of fun. Therefore i have decided to send my motherboard back to let them do it.

I thought I would share this info so that others with a bit more skill and bravery can attempt it. The chips are available to buy through the "baba quick" place.

Hope this helps somebody.

Good luck.

Yes this has already been posted by smart56 on on other thread post #1963 Re: Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2.
I would have got the replacement and took it to a computer shop or some electronic repair place see how much they would charge..would be well hard to do at home....

Sorry AJT I hadn't been following that thread.

Never thought of taking it elsewhere to get it fixed. just had to bite the bullet and send it back. Hopefully it will come back repaired and last longer than 2 days.

Back