Solo2 clone with 24/12/2013 drivers

I tried kipp3r drivers and I had h/w error on my solo 2 clone. do not try these drivers.

Hi been experimenting with the four drivers.The only driver that causes H.W is dvb-bcm7356
Also maybe its image team dependent when they put the updated drivers into their image

kipp3r do have any files/folders in /home, there should be a folder called root and maybe mount.log but is there anything else.

Maybe just maybe as the OpenPLI team seem to not go with the norm. Using there own tweaked version of E2 etc on DMM boxes, the drivers are tweaked to work with what they use or even modded versions of the official release.

Hi been experimenting with the four drivers.The only driver that causes H.W is dvb-bcm7356
Also maybe its image team dependent when they put the updated drivers into their image

So do you think we can tweak the latest images to make the new drivers work like openPLI has

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

So do you think we can tweak the latest images to make the new drivers work like openPLI has

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I already have but as yet no image updates..but I am sure vix will update fine after driver swap..

@kipp3r what do the first few digit of your MAC address start with? Mine for example are 00-1d-ec

Also in the folder /lib/modules/ you have 3.3.8-2.0 but are there any other folders with a similar name?

Last edited by a moderator:
@kipp3r what do the first few digit of your MAC address start with? Mine for example are 00-1d-ec

Also in the folder /lib/modules/ you have 3.3.8-2.0 but are there any other folders with a similar name?

No other folders at all in that folder, First 6 digits are 00-DE-FA, Another strange thing- the image has updated itself last night again,now showing image 2014-02-02 20:40:33 , is there some sort of auto update that I can turn off on the vu solo2 ?

When I do a lookup of my mac address I get back Marusys but when I do yours I get nothing coming back, not even sure that's it's significant to be honest but still weird.

When I do a lookup of my mac address I get back Marusys but when I do yours I get nothing coming back, not even sure that's it's significant to be honest but still weird.
I've taken the cover off and had a look inside and it has a small sticker saying - mac 00-1d-ec-xx xx and a small sticker on a chip saying X CARD, another strange thing is when I go into TSmedia tools to delete some plugins it shows hundreds and hundreds of plugins that could not be on my box, I think maybe a bug where the plugin feeds are showing up instead of my box's plugins.

i know it seems a strange request,but i have just purchased 1 of these clone vu+ solo2 boxes,can my box automatically update drivers to clone kill drivers,is that what your saying on here ,thankyou any help would be great.

Maybe change the MAC address will help solve the problem? I found how to change the MAC address on my clone successfully.
/etc/network/if-pre-up.d/nfsroot
in the beginning of the file need to add the lines
if [ "$IFACE" = "eth0" ]; then
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:1D:EC:03:2A:EF
fi
exit 0

So what is the most current picture to put the clone

Back