Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Solo2 clone with 24/12/2013 drivers

kipp3r

Inactive User
Ok guys so I have a solo2 clone from china running an openpli 4.0 image and it seems to have updated and now has the 24/12/2013 drivers which were supposed to give clone boxes problems, so what I would like to know is can I now use any image that has those same drivers ?

Can you copy those drivers and try in a ViX image mate?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Get dcc or file zila connect to the box and give us the date and timestamp of the drivers. That should tell us which version the box is running.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Very interesting, backup those driver and try then in another image if they are truly that date.

As we all know OpenPLI are one of the more clone Friendly groups so you never know they could be tweak.

Get dcc or file zila connect to the box and give us the date and timestamp of the drivers. That should tell us which version the box is running.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Which folder shall I find the drivers in ? I had a look through the system folder but I don't really know what im looking for.

You'll find them in the folder /lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra inside which you'll find 4 files, mine for example are of the sizes shown below which corresponds to the pre clone measures drivers:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The date doesn't really help, mine for example have a date of 01/02/2014 because I copied them over from a backup, get the file sizes as I've indicated above.

What you should find is either they'll be the same size as I've posted or if they have indeed been updated then the 2 middle files will be different sizes.

The date doesn't really help, mine for example have a date of 01/02/2014 because I copied them over from a backup, get the file sizes as I've indicated above.

What you should find is either they'll be the same size as I've posted or if they have indeed been updated then the 2 middle files will be different sizes.
Ive edited post 10 have a look.

Back them up then and see if you can try them in another image.

If I was to try these drivers in another image would I just delete those 4 files from the chosen image and then ftp my backed up drivers over to the chosen image ? And which image should I try them in ?

No need to delete them, just overwrite them using DCC or FileZilla.

Can you zip them up and upload them, I might give them a try on my box running ViX 808 with drivers put back to pre-clone measures.

Thanks for that, don't have time to play with the files right now but I've done a compare of the what you've uploaded and the 12/12/2013 drivers that I have and my files have the text 'brcm_fpga_time_bomb' scattered within the file dvb_bcm7356.ko whereas the same file that you've uploaded doesn't.

Does seem mighty weird.

I've just checked all the drivers I have for 06/11/2013 and 12/12/2013 (that I had) and 24/12/2013 (that you uploaded) and compared them to the official released drivers and they are 100% identical for each dated release.

I haven't had time to test as my box is currently being used but I'm wondering if the anti-clone measures in the 12/12/2013 release are missing in 24/12/2013.

Anybody out there willing to give the drivers uploaded by kipp3r a go?

I've just checked all the drivers I have for 06/11/2013 and 12/12/2013 (that I had) and 24/12/2013 (that you uploaded) and compared them to the official released drivers and they are 100% identical for each dated release.

I haven't had time to test as my box is currently being used but I'm wondering if the anti-clone measures in the 12/12/2013 release are missing in 24/12/2013.

Anybody out there willing to give the drivers uploaded by kipp3r a go?

I tried kipp3r drivers and I had h/w error on my solo 2 clone. do not try these drivers.

Back