VU+ Solo Solo Clone .. Which Image???

macmilm

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got myself one of the clones from HK and find it great but it does crash a fair bit (I know, should have got genuine.... too late now)

Does anyone recommend a particular image that may be more stable for clones ???
Tried Blackhole (not too bad), currently running Vix (worse than blackhole)

Thanks for any tips guys n gals

what version of clone

I forget actual version .. I remember when I bought it it said it was the newer flash or something.
Larger image?? can't quite remember. Its only a few months old . Have been able to install e.g. latest images when playing around.

Cheers

I forget actual version .. I remember when I bought it it said it was the newer flash or something.
Larger image?? can't quite remember. Its only a few months old . Have been able to install e.g. latest images when playing around.

Cheers

so you went to all the effort of buying a box from hong kong had it a few months and you dont know what box it is.?
I suggest you find out quick before you screw it up for good installing the wrong image.
and being you have already flashed a few images so you obviously got the correct ones for the box.
my guess is a solo clone which may mean Ferrari 3.2 ???.

if so take your pick.http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads-vu-solo-images-14.html

Last edited:

Cheers

Should be a sticker on it saying what version

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Yup V3.2 ... was out earlier so couldnt check ! cheers

Arh hahh.nice one well as posted there are many images for you to choose from..Me i am a fan of vix but you aint and you have done blackhole so PLI images to try next.

Thanks all. I see Blackhole have just released a newer image too so may retry that... I suppose it's a matter of trial and error till you find what suits you best.

Thanks again

Just posted some solo Ferrari Clone images in the download section including Vix which from what I read will update online with no issues.

VIX V2a or V3a images will update fine in Ferarri clones with relevant security modules. I updated my Duo v3.2 clone (v3a image) the other day via online update to VIX build 808 works fine

i prefer for vu solo clone just blackhole image work very well

I've been using blackhole on my clone and with tspanel installed ticks all the boxes.. no issues with green screens

where would I find the blackhole image and how do I load it on please?

I have found VIX Zeus to be absolutely rock solid - my box stays on continuously and I have not had 1 crash. I use version 17. My wife can find her way around this with the Autobouquet Maker (ABM) and the Electronic Program guide (EPG). For that extra experience you can also install PICONS for whatever satellite that you want...

Use version 2A modified for the Ferrari box. Using version 3 will also work but the boot up is longer.

Just my 2c worth

You can find instructions in many places on how to do this... but.. download the image that you want - in my case I found VIX Zeus 17 V2A to be nice. (If you have a 3.2 box this will boot quickly) If you want me to send it to you you will have to PM me.
Format a USB stick to FAT 32.
Load the image on your USB key and first folder you should see will be "Vuplus". Don't put anything else on the USB stick.
Inside this folder will be another folder called "solo" and then the rest of the image files but you don't need to worry about this.
Unplug your solo.
Place the USB stick in the front USB plug of your solo - behind the little door.
Plug in your solo.
The led on the solo will flicker red a little back and forth and if all is ok after around 1 or 2 minutes the LED will blink green. Be patient!
Turn off the solo.
Remove the USB
Pug in your Solo and the image should boot up after about 11/2 minutes or so.

Good luck!

are the Vu clones not working fine with OpenPLI?
I know that BlackHole developers do make bombs for the clones but Ive never heard about any from OpenPLI - can someone confirm that?

im using vix and its been as stable as any image ive used prob even more so

I am using in mini solo black Hole 2.08 with driver from december and works perfect , while another my mini solo with 2.09 is died 2 weeks ago.

Back