Sunray Solo 2 with USB DVB-C

treats

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'd like to introduce a usb DVB-C to my Sunray Solo 2 receiver.
So my questions are:- Could anyone recommend one they have got working with their clone solo2?

I'm currently using the openvix 3.2 sky look image, would this image be suitable to add cable bouquet alongside the current satellite one?

Now the magic part - how does the receiver know which line to use for sat or cable? Does it try the first line and if nothing then moves onto the next?

:proud:

What cable tuner are you planning on adding to it? I've seen a VU cable tuner but not heard if they work well
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The Sundtek dvb-c is suppose to work with them from what ive read, but would like clarification if anyone on here has had one up and running and what image etc.

What cable tuner are you planning on adding to it? I've seen a VU cable tuner but not heard if they work well
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I don't have one but from what I read sundek work and they do actively try to help with problems with their drivers, etc.

The VU ones had problems when they were released but not sure now.

I'm thinking of adding a cable tuner to my solo2 clone, not sure what to get though. The sundek doesnt appear to be on sale in the UK unless I'm missing it? Not sure what to go for..

you could try "VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2" £49
I dont see why it would not work on a clone..same drivers etc.

Ok just an update,

I got myself a DVBSky T330 DVB-T2/T/C USB Stick to have a play with on the clone solo2.
I have to say the stick works perfectly with the vix sky look image.
All I had to do was install the DVB-Sky drivers via the plugins within the image.

I have both lines within the file and the solo just flicks between each one depending if the channel is sat or cable.

The Autobouquet built into the image works wonderfully for sorting the channels out for sat & cable.

Now the solo2 has become a combo.

Happy Days.

could anyone tell me what dvb t2 c usb tuner will work on vu solo 2 se running latest blackhole image thanks

The Solo2 SE is essentially just Solo2 so any that are compatible with Solo2.

Although I've never tried another tuner I hear Sundek tuners have good support and work with image teams ensuring their drivers work without problems.

However, you would be best with a very recent image so it has latest drivers.

The DVBSky T330 DVB-T2/T/C USB Tuner will work with the receiver, its all about installing the correct drivers.

could anyone tell me what dvb t2 c usb tuner will work on vu solo 2 se running latest blackhole image thanks

tried installing dvbsky 2.0 driver on blackhole image but wont install get errors i was told that driver is not available for blackhole yet on the vu website

It maybe worth changing your image?
I've running OpenVix 3.2 $ky Looking Setup (for Sunray Solo2)from the downloads section.
The DVBSky 100% works with this image once the drivers are installed from the plugins.

tried installing dvbsky 2.0 driver on blackhole image but wont install get errors i was told that driver is not available for blackhole yet on the vu website

Has anyone had any joy with a v2 lornison solo2 and the usb dvb-c?

How far have you got so far? Changed image, tuner installed or are you just seeing if anyone has it working with that receiver?
It works perfectly with the sunray clone with the above image I mentioned.

Has anyone had any joy with a v2 lornison solo2 and the usb dvb-c?

How far have you got so far? Changed image, tuner installed or are you just seeing if anyone has it working with that receiver?
It works perfectly with the sunray clone with the above image I mentioned.

I was curious to see if anyone has got this working on a v2 lornisun. I've just installed this image tonight which contains the sundtek drivers - https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/download-vu-clone-images-653/401431-download-vu-solo-2-a.html.

I didn't want to buy one in case it wasn't compatiable, thanks for the response.

The Sundtek tuner will work with any image as its drivers are not kernel dependant

Back