softmodded my first 4.2E

Well,
Got my wii softmodded from 4.2e, my friend done it for me.
Only thing is I have to pop out sd card on bootup, of it just freezes but at least i can play my backup again.
Thanks to all for their guides!

try a different sd card, check connections if in adaptor ;0)

Did some reading and apparently its an "no known vulnerable ios" error....still no idea how to fix it though :(

Seen this when I had cIOSCORP installed - if you still have homebrew channel, try uninstaller for cIOSCORP (think it comes with latest version of it) if no homebrew channel, then you'll probably need to modify the files on your SDCard to get the homebrew channel to install or launch via new bannerbomb-maybe someone else here has experience of fixing this problem?

Thanks for the reply figgy

Well i did some research on the subject and apparently i need to replace the 24 ios's on my wii system....but here comes the trouble .....the ios's i need to replace must be replaced by exactly the same version of them which are already installed on the wii.

Now i used bannerbomb and dop-ios to make a note of the versions of ios i need to replace...then used nus downloader to look for the correct and working versions of those ios's and to my horror the version on my wii which is "v65535" is nowhere to be found with nus downloader....so im stuck and have no idea what to do next hopefully some1 here might be able to help

p.s : should i make a new thread regarding this problem as i've seen a lot of ppl on various boards having the same trouble as me and nowhere close to a solution ?

Thanks for the reply figgy

Well i did some research on the subject and apparently i need to replace the 24 ios's on my wii system....but here comes the trouble .....the ios's i need to replace must be replaced by exactly the same version of them which are already installed on the wii.

Now i used bannerbomb and dop-ios to make a note of the versions of ios i need to replace...then used nus downloader to look for the correct and working versions of those ios's and to my horror the version on my wii which is "v65535" is nowhere to be found with nus downloader....so im stuck and have no idea what to do next hopefully some1 here might be able to help

p.s : should i make a new thread regarding this problem as i've seen a lot of ppl on various boards having the same trouble as me and nowhere close to a solution ?

Dop-Ios mod --> Choose 249

Install Ios 36 v1042

Install Ios 61 v4890

NO to sig hash..

Run Hackmii ..

Hi Jenno , thanks for the reply

when selection ios249 in dop-ios mod v7 it gives me this error "Error! choose an ios that accepts fakesigning!"

My wii was softmodedd before i updated to 4.2E and had cioscorp installed...!!

Any other ideas mate?

Hi Jenno , thanks for the reply

when selection ios249 in dop-ios mod v7 it gives me this error "Error! choose an ios that accepts fakesigning!"

My wii was softmodedd before i updated to 4.2E and had cioscorp installed...!!

Any other ideas mate?

did you delete the stub ios249 then install cios?

Wiping Stubs

1. Open 'AnyTitle Deleter MOD'

2. Select 'IOS236' for IOS reloading

3. Open 'system titles'

4. Select one by one for the following and press A to delete then A again to confirm for each
IOS222
IOS223
IOS249
IOS250

5. Exit AnyTitle Deleter Mod

Installing Cios

1. Open 'cIOS38r14' installer

2. Select 'IOS236' to use

3. Select 'Wad installation'

4. Installation will begin, after install press A to exit installation

You are complete, you can now install backup/usb loaders and other cios like the Hermos 222/223

have you got bootmii and preloader installed m8 if you can bannerbomb preloader 0.30 over asap before you do anything else
. i have no idea what ur setup is , so :)

Last edited:
Hi mate

I ran ahead and deleted the those IOS before i read the last bit of ur message lol...hope its not a brick :(

no mate i dont have bootmii or preloader installed.

taking of my system....a mate of mine softmodded it for me and it was on 3.2 and then he updated it to 3.4E recently i have no clue what he did but now it took the official update via wifi and when it booted back all the homebrew stuff was gone including HBC.

This is where i am at the moment trying to install the HBC and so it wud let me install bootmii coz as of now when i try to run the hackmii installer with bannerbomb it gices mne this error " no vulnerable ios found"

I appreciate ur help mate....i might have to pay some1 to get this done as my 5 yr old has been doin my head right in for days now....but not before i try everything :)

This is what i did after installing those IOS you told me too...

put this on sd card -> bannerbomb,boot.dol from wad manager, cios38rev14.wad in wad folder

ran bannerbomb....selected ios36......ran install cios38rev14.wad

not that gives me a error 4100

any ideas ?

Last edited:
the solution should be in my last two posts m8 have fun but make sure u get preloader on b4 you start messing about (if its softmod). to run preloader as a bannerbomb just replace the boot.dol with the one on root of sd card. u nearly there ;0) i was same on 3.2e with cioscorp then took official upgrade to 4.2e took me a while to suss it out but there it is.

Last edited:
This is what i did after installing those IOS you told me too...

put this on sd card -> bannerbomb,boot.dol from wad manager, cios38rev14.wad in wad folder

ran bannerbomb....selected ios36......ran install cios38rev14.wad

not that gives me a error 4100

any ideas ?

try network install?

ffs im reading two different tuts . youll get it mate.

Last edited:
Thanks again mate...finally some1's helping...what a relief !

sorry for being daft mate, when i run the preloader with bannerbomb and root.dol you provide it gives me this error "get root"

:(

what do i do with hacks.ini ?

i sincerely appreciate your time mate.Thank you.

put extracted hacks.ini on root of sd card

just tested that file and installer screen comes on for me m8?

can you install this wad with wad manager

IOS36-64-1042.wad or dop ios it?

if i was there id sort it lol

hmm what revision wii is it

IOS36 Patcher v0.1 by Scarfish

Since there was no way of installing Preloader on a LU64/65 Wii I decided to make a program that will patch the ES_DiVerify check in IOS36 which is used by Preloader for installing.

First of all I want to thank tona for his Wii Shop and IOS51 Installer which was the base for this tool and Crediar for Preloader from which I sort of 'lent' the ES_Identify patch.
The source for Wii Shop and IOS51 Installer can be found here: http://junks.tonatonari.info/wiiaps/InstallShopIOS51.zip.

Disclaimer
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty.
In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.

What is it
IOS36 Patcher will download the latest IOS36 for you and patches the ES_DiVerify (aka ES_Identify) function so that it's possible again to identify as SU. I don't know if identifying as System Menu works since I was too lazy to test this. It also patches the trucha bug back in.
The ES_DiVerify patch is the same as the patch that is applied by Preloader on IOS60.
This patcher is primarily intended for LU64/65 users that wish to install Preloader on their Wii.

Usage
In order to use this you'll need an internet connection on your Wii.

Custom IOS installed as IOS249:
* Run the dol from your favourite loader
* At the option which IOS to use choose IOS249
* At the question if you want to install IOS36 choose Yes
* If asked choose A for rebooting the Wii or Home for returning to the loader

cBoot2:
* Replace the Wad Manager dol with this dol
* At the option which IOS to use choose Current
* At the question if you want to install IOS36 choose Yes
* If asked choose A for rebooting the Wii

Now you should be able to install Preloader on your LU64/65 Wii! I suggest installing Preloader .29! Dont know if it works with older versions.

If it worked/not worked for you let me know! Suggestions are also welcome!

hxxp://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164426

Last edited:
lol i wish i wasnt that stupid to update in the first place mate

righteo....i managed to install cios38rev14....delted ios249 using any title delter then installed the cios38 with network install....it went fine....:)

now do i still need to install HBC and bootmii and other stuff even though i just wanna run dvd backups

if so how do i install HBC from here ? coz i think everything depend on it and im still getting the "no vulnerable ios found" error even after as successfull installation of cios38rev14

am i missing somthing ?

i'll go ahead and try installing the preloader now

thanks mate

lol i wish i wasnt that stupid to update in the first place mate

righteo....i managed to install cios38rev14....delted ios249 using any title delter then installed the cios38 with network install....it went fine....:)

now do i still need to install HBC and bootmii and other stuff even though i just wanna run dvd backups

if so how do i install HBC from here ? coz i think everything depend on it and im still getting the "no vulnerable ios found" error even after as successfull installation of cios38rev14

bootmii first , read the post i made about installing it again , now you have a cios 249 ;0)

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1626413/

Last edited by a moderator:
bootmii first , read the post i made about installing it again , now you have a cios 249 ;0)

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1626413/

Either im daft or something's missing

now using dop-ios mod v7....i cant see ios249.....at all....there's only 245 and rest of em all below 100.....how cud this be....the installation of cios38rev14 went fine :(

Last edited by a moderator:
is your wii a LU64/65?

Last edited:
nah...its not there....!!

can't thank you enough for your help mate...cheers..

kid's gotta wait i guess

Regards

i have no idea how to check that mate..!!

well i tried installing cios38 as ios249 again and fot the error 2011 so i guess it never installed properly in the first place hence its not showing up in dop-ios

oh well...back to square one

maikash2747 - have you made a nand backup mate..? If I were you that`s the first thing I would do.. You seem to be doing a lot of different things.
Did you follow this guide..? Thats the one that kicked this topic off. Worked perfect for me. I didn`t bother with steps 6 or 7. but installed neogamma instead.

Insert the SD card into the Wii.

Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii as IOS and boot2 if possible.
{Running a custom application with Bannerbomb is the goal here, and in this case is the Hackmii Installer is the boot.elf}

Restart your Wii, if Bootmii was installed as Boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on.
If Bootmii wasn't started then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a gc controller.]
Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]
Backup the Bootmii folder elsewhere and erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]
Head back to The Homebrew Channel.

1a] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Press B to choose No IOS Reload.
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Go to Downgrade IOS15.
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

1b] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.

1c] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.

2] Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS 36 and press A.
Go to System Titles and press A.
Select IOS 222 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 223 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 249 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 250 and press A to delete.
*If any IOS listed above is not there, do not worry about it and move along with the guide.

3] Run Custom IOS38 Installer
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Choose WAD install and press A.

4a] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Install Custom IOS 202 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60.

4b] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38.

4c] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37.

5] Run Wad Manager
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad and exit.

6] [optional] Run MIOSpatcher to play backup gamecube games.
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.

7] [optional] Run Preloader to enable system menu hacks.
Run Preloader .30 to install preloader onto your system
*If the latest version of preloader is not included [revision 3 included in the email], you get it from the phpgeek's thread
Enable desired hacks and go into the settings and make sure the system menu is set to load with IOS70
*The hacks.ini file is located at the apps\preloaderv0.30r3-phpgeek folder

Last edited:
This is a guide I followed and worked for me. This is NOT my guide, I found it after a google search! :Clap:

All programs are Opened from Homebrew Channel

IOS Wads Need to be downloaded

All GameCube Equipment Must be removed or this will have issues

Preparation

Copy all files from this archive to Sd

IOS downloads need to be done using NUSD 1.3b (wad files for ios needs to be copied to root also)
IOS15-64-v257
000000010000000F v257

IOS15-64-v523
000000010000000F v523

IOS36-64-v3351
0000000100000024 v3351

IOS38-64-v3610
0000000100000026 v3610

Installing Homebrew

I aint providing instructions for this, find a tutorial on how to put the homebrew channel on 4.2

Installing Trucha

1. Open 'TBRMOD'

2. Make sure the ios your reloading is 'IOS36,' then press 1 when it comes up

3. Choose 'Downgrade IOS15'

4. Choose 'load IOS from sd card' twice, then press A twice as they come up, after install TBRMOD will exit

5. Open 'TBRMOD'

6. Choose 'IOS15' for reloading, then press 1 when it comes up

7. Choose 'IOS36 Menu'

8. Set install slot to 'IOS236', then Mark all 3 options below to 'yes' then click 'Install patched IOS36'

9. Choose 'load IOS from sd card', then press A after the preparation, after install TBRMOD will exit

10. Open 'TBRMOD'

11. Make sure the ios your reloading is 'IOS36,' then press 1 when it comes up

12. Choose 'Restore IOS15'

13. Choose 'load IOS from sd card', then press A to start installation, after install TBRMOD will exit

Wiping Stubs

1. Open 'AnyTitle Deleter MOD'

2. Select 'IOS236' for IOS reloading

3. Open 'system titles'

4. Select one by one for the following and press A to delete then A again to confirm for each
IOS222
IOS223
IOS249
IOS250

5. Exit AnyTitle Deleter Mod

Installing Cios

1. Open 'cIOS38r14' installer

3. Select 'Wad installation'

4. Installation will begin, after install press A to exit installation

You are complete, you can now install backup/usb loaders and other cios like the Hermos 222/223

I cant seem to get this to go - wii was softmodded before but they upgraded to 4.2e but i have got to trucha part ok but when i go for deleting titles on 2nd screen i cant select a correct ios only 249 223 222 and below etc. any ideas.

Back