soft modded wii then took the official update now hbc has gone

astra99

Inactive User
Reaction score
as the title says, my cousin tried to go on weather channel on wii after it had been softmodded, it asked him to update so he did lol, its now updated to 4.2 so how do i get the softmod working again? ive tried searching but cant seem to find anything, any help please, cheers

as the title says, my cousin tried to go on weather channel on wii after it had been softmodded, it asked him to update so he did lol, its now updated to 4.2 so how do i get the softmod working again? ive tried searching but cant seem to find anything, any help please, cheers

He's gonna need to re do the softmod as the 4.2 update removes homebrew, piece of cake if use bally's foolproof guide. Go to link and download the pdf he's wrote you really cant go wrong, pictures and a step by step. Id also advise you to back up your nand information of which can be found on here
good luck

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/227035/

Last edited by a moderator:
i had to do this the other day too after updating, if you had cioscorp installed you will need to follow this guide to install hackmii as it will not allow you to install hbc, dvdx or bootmii.

Tutorial:How to Run HackMii Installer with cIOSCorp Installed

it helped me sort it out anyway?

this only applies to if you had cioscorp installed otherwise you should just be able to use the guide!

ok, cheers for the help, ill give it a try and post back when ive done it

im not sure what cioscorp is though? lol

did you get it sorted then mate!

Back