soft mod

cadtomo

Inactive User
Reaction score
here we go again,

I have done the softmod, have the homebrew channel and Neo gammer7 but cannot get the games to load, i have abviously gone wrong during the mod, my question is, can i wipe clean and start again? if i can how ? any help would be great.

Cheers in advance

Tomo

Im sure with the people here we can get you up and running. Need more info on wii like firmware verson 4.2? Also what guide did you follow? Last 1, when you say not working what happens? Error message or black screen etc.

how are you loading them m8
4.2 you cant use disc channel

How old is the console. Latest models cant read dvdr discs

Im sure with the people here we can get you up and running. Need more info on wii like firmware verson 4.2? Also what guide did you follow? Last 1, when you say not working what happens? Error message or black screen etc.

Hello m8,

i am running on 4.2e. i followed the guid of here, the sticky, the 4.2e easy hack guid by bally. i have downloaded the 4 or 5 games now and burnt onto dvd, i have then opened noe gamma 7 and tried to launch game from DVD it waits about 10 seconds and then a message comes up saying DVD read error (1101)

Cheers

Tomo

how are you loading them m8
4.2 you cant use disc channel

hiya buddy,

Neo gamma m8, i have just read a post on here about getting a black screen and the fromnt of the wii flashing, i am sure i havnt backed up the nand so i am gonna follow the tut to do that and see if that helps me any, have you any ideas'

Cheers once again

Tomo

Hello m8,

i am running on 4.2e. i followed the guid of here, the sticky, the 4.2e easy hack guid by bally. i have downloaded the 4 or 5 games now and burnt onto dvd, i have then opened noe gamma 7 and tried to launch game from DVD it waits about 10 seconds and then a message comes up saying DVD read error (1101)

Cheers

Tomo

I would try burning a -R with image burn at 2.4x m8ty.

Ive disovered the new ones can run -R but not +R thanks to dogtoffee.

Good find, but i have tried that one as i thought i might have some dodgy Dvd's........ i am sure i will get it sorted with the help of all you kind peeps lol

Cheers

Tomo

Good find, but i have tried that one as i thought i might have some dodgy Dvd's........ i am sure i will get it sorted with the help of all you kind peeps lol

Cheers

Tomo

Have you got a usb pen drive or external hdd you can try?

should i back up the nand 1st?

The nand backup is one of the first things you should do incase you bork any settings.

As for the usb drive you need to get wbfs manager and format the drive to wbfs then use the proggy to add you games which it will shrink down for you.

WBFS Manager

The nand backup is one of the first things you should do incase you bork any settings.

As for the usb drive you need to get wbfs manager and format the drive to wbfs then use the proggy to add you games which it will shrink down for you.

WBFS Manager

ooooopppppppsssssss well that was lucky!! i have now backed up the nand, i will now sort the pen drive out, (when the kids get of the wii) thanks again for yhour help.

Tomo

ooooopppppppsssssss well that was lucky!! i have now backed up the nand, i will now sort the pen drive out, (when the kids get of the wii) thanks again for yhour help.

Tomo

Easy to miss m8 when your new to these things. Boot the kids out to play lol ;)

Easy to miss m8 when your new to these things. Boot the kids out to play lol ;)

Ha Ha will do m8, Tell you what i will end up grey with this wii softmod lark!!!!! it is good tho when you do get it working, i remember the good old days when i first started messing with a certain type of box??? it drove me mad but then after a few mod's it gets easier and easier.

Cheers again!!!!!

Tomo

Ha Ha will do m8, Tell you what i will end up grey with this wii softmod lark!!!!! it is good tho when you do get it working, i remember the good old days when i first started messing with a certain type of box??? it drove me mad but then after a few mod's it gets easier and easier.

Cheers again!!!!!

Tomo

Yeah and once you get the basic's of softmodding it all falls into place and does get easier tinkering with things. At least if games work off usb drive we can rule out any mistakes in your softmod.

WBFS Manager

right the 1st clump of hair has just been ripped out, i have backed up the nand, i have downloaded wbfs formated my usb and have 2 games on it. I have followed the tut for priiloader put the files on sd card gone in home brew channel, the tut says click on priloader then load!!! i cant see an option for that, all i have is dop-ios and wad manager..... wtf am i doing wrong?????????

right the 1st clump of hair has just been ripped out, i have backed up the nand, i have downloaded wbfs formated my usb and have 2 games on it. I have followed the tut for priiloader put the files on sd card gone in home brew channel, the tut says click on priloader then load!!! i cant see an option for that, all i have is dop-ios and wad manager..... wtf am i doing wrong?????????

Go into neogamma and press right to select usb wbfs and click a to load if and when the game pops up click a.

Back