Soft mod help please

deancal

Inactive User
Reaction score
I soft modded my Wii the other night, I followed and used MOABM Guide and files to do the Mod. So i got the Homebrew channel, i have SnesGX working fine.
But here starts my problem. No games worked at all Either off Dvd, usb, or usb hard drive so i read all the articals i could find how to fix (no Luck).
So I looked at Darkcorp Full 1.1 as suggested by MOABM. i did the install and ran a game and it worked a treat....Very happy at this point..
So i started to play NSMB and after 10 mins i got the disk is dirty message Only this games says it thus far... So once again i looked on forums and people have had the same message.
On the advice i took is to load of a usb stick or usb drive.
So i have installed Wiiflow, Configrable usb, Neogammer and so on. now the main problem i am having is either Programs are just Freezing up or like Neogamma just locking up after saying starting game.
I dont know what to do next i have spent 2 whole days on trying to fix this issue.
I Somethimes get when a run a program i get a black debug screen telling me what address the program as crashed at... please any info will be greatly recieved. Thanks in advance !

PS my Wii is and old white one with System menu 4.3E
with second partion boot 2

Last edited:
what format is your Hdd ?

can the wii see usb or hdd you might be using wrong port

Its an 8gig memory stick i am trying out, its formmated to fat32 and its plugged into the bottom slot, now when i run Neogammer it finds the drive and lists the games to run. but then locks up ate starting game screen !

I have an ongoing issue with games freezing, but not nearly as bad as you. I'm using Config USB Loader version 60 with a non powered USB drive: can play for hours sometimes, but messing about in option screens (where the drive is being accessed) seems to cause freezing more.

I Somethimes get when a run a program i get a black debug screen telling me what address the program as crashed at...

I can force this error: I got my son a Lego Wii controller, and if i try to load a game using it, I get a black screen with error message. To avoid it, I load the game using aNintendo wiimote, then go to the reconnect wiimote menu and it works fine.

Are you using a non-nintendo remote?

No mate both are offical nintendo wii remotes
Edit i just uploaded Cfg Uploadser again to my Usb stick.. i have 2 games on it, New Super Mario Brothers & Mario Galaxy 2

Mario Galaxy works fine from usb But NSMB hangs on a black screen is there a special config for this game ? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
i had freezing, wii mote problems on cfg,

it all works fine on v60 with hermes 5.1 installed.

as you are only using a usb stck for testing at the moment,

format it to fat 32 and use these files for you usb stick,

just copy and replace over your original files , so that your wbfs folder with games is still there....

Sorry mate i kinda lost you there, I am not having any more problems with the CFG freezin its now just NSMB game blacks out and freezes all my other games work fine from USB now.
I have been reading forums about any special Config or Cisos i have to run to make this 1 game work :) Still looking now

no m8,

nsmb should work fine, is it maybe a bad download?

just a thought.....

will its a direct rip from the dvd one a D/L months ago but d`l another ciso one now, ill keep you informed :)

O sorry Buzzer whats V60 ??
i am installing hermes 5.1

Last edited:
All is good now thanks . silly usb issue.... all games work fine :)

Back