Mod / Hack Nintendo Switch - Options?

PAUL7331

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ive recently acquired a Nintendo switch for my daughter’s birthday and noticed it’s got XAJ7001 serial number which I believe can be modded?

Ultimately I would only want to mod this to ‘try before I buy’ new games such as Mario bowsers fury etc.

so, why are my options?

And can this be ‘soft
Modded’ by flashing the firmware without purchasing additional modding equipment?

Thanks guys

Hi guys,

Ive recently acquired a Nintendo switch for my daughter’s birthday and noticed it’s got XAJ7001 serial number which I believe can be modded?

Ultimately I would only want to mod this to ‘try before I buy’ new games such as Mario bowsers fury etc.

so, why are my options?

And can this be ‘soft
Modded’ by flashing the firmware without purchasing additional modding equipment?

Thanks guys

Yes you can softmod those ones, you need a jig or something similar to inject the payload. You can run SX-OS or atmosphere.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Good discord channel, that has everything you will need or require to hack the switch.

hi guys - might look into this also,

can someone give me the full discord channel please?

cheers

Yes your unit can be modded very easy, you can use any computer or Android phone to upload a payload, or use a gadget like RCMLoader to get the work do. I personally prefer the late. you can search guides like NH Switch Guide - Modifed by ELY M. which is a step by step easy guide.

Once you have CFW any recommended download places?

Install tinfoil, and then add the shops. There's lots of information in the discord channels i've posted. You download straight to the switch then, and it's correct format etc, rather than messing with XCIs/NSPs and even having to split them. I've over 4TB of games, and I don't install anything from there, just use the stores to grab the games/updates/DLC etc.

Sorry for being thick, but that does not help. It is just as good as go google it. Is there a noob friendly guide like we had for the wii?

I have downloaded tinfoil, but how do I install?

The bot response on discord went over my head. The sd card is in the switch, surely I should be able to FTP the downloaded package. But where to?

If anybody has an easy to follow guide I can follow, please post a link to it. I need to get this switch to go back to Yorkshire on Thursday morning.

The advice on the discord channel did not work. I cant even install tinfoil. It says there is an error.
Code:

I initially followed this guide:
NH Switch Guide - Modifed by ELY M.

Edit:
I was able to transfer files using filezilla for FTP. No username or password required. Port 5000

Last edited:
Redone the switch using the guide from discord channel. Finally got it working. Now need to find a list of stores.

Not having much luck with this. I downloaded/installed a game last night. Now it won't find any games when I search. I have added pengu.ga, jits and quotashop. wifi is connected.

Is there a guide to start from scratch? Something must be corrupt and preventing the shops from connecting.

Posts been deleted from discord as against their terms.

Not having much luck with this. I downloaded/installed a game last night. Now it won't find any games when I search. I have added pengu.ga, jits and quotashop. wifi is connected.

Searching? Where are you searching?

So on mine, I have the tinfoil application, I open that, and I get a menu.

Installed/file browser/payploads/queue/tickets

I think something is missing though, as im 99% certain you normally get a games section. So the shops may well be down.

Code:

Code:

The YT video shows the menu you should see, the shops must be down, as I don't see the games section that I normally do.

I'd say the shop being down is your issue, and nothing more. But im no expert on the switch, the switchway discord is great, as they taught me how to do all this.

You can use nut I think it's called, which is basically over wifi and install games off a HDD, or you can hook up a HDD to the switch dock and install them that way as well, but IIRC you need to have the SD card as ex-fat, which can be a pain to do, it's easier with the shops as they install it all for you.

New working address for tinfoil

Protocol: https Host: stealthshop.cf

Last edited:
Back