smoking ban

Cant wait for the ban to come in myself, I have the odd ciggy now and again and to be honest going outside for 2mins while I have one isnt gonna bother me at all.

Saves sittin in a pub full of smoke, breathin in smoke that I havent even got a hit off.

Ill be glad, but I cant see it working. Who is going to do all the enforcing of the ban. Think its going to cause a lot of trouble in pubs and clubs to start with. Drunk people being told they cant smoke isnt going to go down well lol I wouldnt want to be a land lord.

it,s been law here for a month or so here and you see ppl standing outside bar,s smokeing with a drink in hand on a busy road with school kid,s on the way home looking at all these adult,s boozing and smokeing away haveing a gr8 time wonder what impression that leave,s on them ? as for the bann on smokeing in the work place you cant argue about that the boss,s give smoke break,s ,, in bar,s let them employ staff who smoke and provide a smokeing bar with smokeing staff they make enough cash out of us to provide a service so they sould extend that service sould they not ? as for liberties well smoker,s had it their way for long enough it,s the none smoker,s turn

ps sitting smokeing a J as i type lol

Im a smoker and TBH i couldnt give a shite about this law coming in, if i want a fag ill go outside and myabe just maybe when its cold and wet ill just miss the fag and great my health benefits as does those around me. What does however concern me is someone telling me i cant smoke in my works van (i know this is law in Scotland not sure about England) im self employed and my van is mine i work alone mostly and have the courtesy to ask any passengers if they mind if i have a ciggie. If the law is that i cant smoke in my own works van then they can basically kiss my swingers ill have a fag non the less. Also the benefits of this law have not been seen in Scotland as the young smokers all outdside having a fag and a laugh are seen by the younger generations as the IN CROWD and so naturally with peer pressure they join said groups in having a fag and become smokers. Im not saying this is across the board but there is a case for arguement on this. I was young once and human nature points us to want what we cant have hmmmmm i bet this ban does nothing but make smokers cold and wet from time to time it wont stop them and i wouldnt be surprised if there was an increase in smoking after the ban is in place. Oh yes humans are that kind of beast.

I am just back in from the club and was checking the airport situation so I just called in here due to habit, I had 4 smokes outside and didnt mind at all, usually would have smoked double that.

It works and will be enforced, I have yet to meet anyone who has even tried to smoke in a non smoking area. In the pubs and clubs over in my area you are NOT allowed to take any drink out or in with you when going for a smoke, this is to prevent people bringing in their own drink.

In the pubs and clubs over in my area you are NOT allowed to take any drink out or in with you when going for a smoke, this is to prevent people bringing in their own drink.
bouncers r going to have ther work cut out for them trying to stop peeps from going outside for a puff with out ther drink. i cant drive without smoking so i guess i wont be stepping out much in the next few months or yrs or so..

Staff and regulars at a pub in Scarborough have organised a whip-round for Martin Whisker, 42, the first man to be fined £80 for flouting England’s smoking ban. The decorator spent Monday night in a police cell after chainsmoking his way through a pack of Lambert & Butler “as a matter of principle”

Going by other reports though he was not fined for smoking during the ban but for being drunk and disorderly.

Bar owner Paul Risker said an officer took the cigarette from Mr Whisker's mouth, snapped it in half, dropped it on the floor and stamped on it. A spokesman for North Yorkshire Police said Mr Whisker was fined for being drunk and disorderly because he refused to leave the bar.

Back